Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Brodex texts
« on: November 23, 2017, 07:03:03 pm »
Hate receiving texts from them all the time and they dont give you the option to stop them on the text, is this even legal not giving you the option to stop?  >:(

Walter Mitty

Re: Brodex texts
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:06:06 pm »
Hate receiving texts from them all the time and they dont give you the option to stop them on the text, is this even legal not giving you the option to stop?  >:(

I used to get this.  I phoned them up and said "Stop".
They stopped.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 07:33:36 pm »

Are they still in business??? Thought they went bust ??? I used to get the same but it stoped a couple of years ago

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 07:36:30 pm »
I love these texts. Everytime I get one I smile. I just think of all the effort they are making (I know it computerised now) to get me back as a customer when they already had me as a customer. But I turned my back on them due to their incompetience and arrogance and being messed about. Once bitten, twice shy - infact never again.

I've seen their take it or leave it attitude with other customers when trying to buy replacement parts at exorbitant prices.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:38:49 pm »

Are they still in business??? Thought they went bust ??? I used to get the same but it stoped a couple of years ago

If you changed your phone number then they will still be sending texts to your old number.  ;D

As other poster have said - they don't give up because they won't remove your number from their records even if you politely ask them to.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 08:19:04 pm »
Brodex...

A name forever tarnished.

Good riddance

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:29:14 pm »

I’ve had the same no for over 10 years but do t get the txt any more no idear why but not complaining 😂😂😂😂😂

If you changed your phone number then they will still be sending texts to your old number.  ;D

As other poster have said - they don't give up because they won't remove your number from their records even if you politely ask them to.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 08:10:42 am »
i get the odd text off them but i only ever bought a brodex hydra pole off them many moons ago! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:07 am »
i get the odd text off them but i only ever bought a brodex hydra pole off them many moons ago! ;D

All I bought were two hosereels in 2005.  They used to phone me and I asked them to stop. So they started texting instead. So I asked them to stop. They didn't at first. So I then said that I would never buy anything from them again if they continued to text me. They stopped. I never bought anything else in case they started again.
When advertising is counterproductive.
Texts may not sound like much but at the time I used separate glasses for reading. To view a text I would stop work and walk back to the van for my reading glasses (I use varifocals these days).  On one job that was nearly 200 metres as I had two reels linked together.  There were reasons at that time I needed to see texts without much delay

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:41 am »
Job done?

They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 12:08:37 pm »
Job done?

Not on my phone. It's ancient.

alanwilson

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 11:50:33 pm »
You can register with the telephone preference service (it's free), it is then illegal for them to cold call or cold text you.

Telephone Brodex and tell them you are listed with the telephone preference service and they have to remove you from their list.

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Phil J

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 01:43:42 pm »
I buy something every time they text me. My van is laden down with alloy poles.