This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Xtreme X3 users (x2 vs x3 your thoughts)
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
As per title.

Thinking of upgrading my Xtreme 47 series 2 to the new series 3 Xtreme 47.

What’s the general consensus, is it worth the upgrade? Is it stronger/more rigid?

My only concern is not having the metal bands, I find theses reduce wear on the pole when it gets gritty...

Thanks.

Clever Forum Name

Re: Xtreme X3 users (x2 vs x3 your thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:45 pm »
The metal bands imo massively reduce wear but we've snapped about 3 or 4 metal banded sections now. Been using the X3 and wouldn't go back to an X2 now. Getting around 10-12 months plus out of a 22ft extreme i use daily with literally the only maintenance being a wash down IF it needs it. For the price they are and what you earn from them i class it as a throw away item now.

My WFP expenses have massively slowed down now as i no longer have to try brushes, water on/off devices, poles, chemicals, etc etc as i'm happy with my set up.

i still have an x1 extreme 47ft i use for commercial and solar panels. Its not as rigid as other extremes but i do take care on that one. Looks brand new still :)

zesty

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:02:57 pm »
Hmm,

Thanks for the info.

It’s a tricky one, is the x3 that much easier to use? Or is there not a lot in it?

Never snapped an Xtreme pole, but then I’m fairly delicate with them.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:07:46 pm »
As per title.

Thinking of upgrading my Xtreme 47 series 2 to the new series 3 Xtreme 47.

What’s the general consensus, is it worth the upgrade? Is it stronger/more rigid?

My only concern is not having the metal bands, I find theses reduce wear on the pole when it gets gritty...

Thanks.

i too have got an xtreme 47 (x1)it only gets used around 10 times a month.i think mine will last another 20 years! ;D

as for xtreme poles (for daily use) ive had 3 sections snap on the x2(with the metal bands) and 2 sections snap on the x3.just in normal use too so ive gone back to an SLX 25 for my main day to day pole.
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 05:13:24 pm »
Daz I use my xtreme series 2 once a month at full 47ft and several times a month at 30-35 odd foot, so it’s been essential to me. Never snapped it, had it 2 years...

I couldn’t go back to slx  now, no way  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:53:08 pm »
Daz I use my xtreme series 2 once a month at full 47ft and several times a month at 30-35 odd foot, so it’s been essential to me. Never snapped it, had it 2 years...

I couldn’t go back to slx  now, no way  ;D

if you only use it that infrequent it should last you years and years (like mine).had mine over 5 years and it still looks brand new. :)
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 06:16:29 pm »
That’s reason I’m not sure weather to upgrade or not...

It still got plenty of life in it, but I could sell it on and buy an x3 if it’s better...

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:47 pm »
Having 1 of each mk2 (47ft, used 2-3 times a month for the last 3 years and still in good shape )  mk3 (22ft used every day and it's pretty worn already, spinning sections and about 10 months old i think maybe slightly less)  I would say its not worth upgrading just for the sake of it. To be honest i will probably go back to an slx for every day pole they are far more robust and will last longer, anything higher though and it's an extreme.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 07:25:41 pm »
P1W1
There is bound to be a difference in wear over a pole that u use regularly like your 22ft over your 2 or 3 times a month 47ft.

I have owned mark 1, mark 2 and mark 3 47ft and I regularly use the pole 3 to 4 days a week.
Mark 3 is without doubt an improvement.
I broke sections after a years use with mark 1 and 2 . Mark 3 still going strong after 2 years regular use

Tris

p1w1

Re: Xtreme X3 users (x2 vs x3 your thoughts) New
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 08:12:15 pm »
P1W1
There is bound to be a difference in wear over a pole that u use regularly like your 22ft over your 2 or 3 times a month 47ft.

I have owned mark 1, mark 2 and mark 3 47ft and I regularly use the pole 3 to 4 days a week.
Mark 3 is without doubt an improvement.
I broke sections after a years use with mark 1 and 2 . Mark 3 still going strong after 2 years regular use

Tris
Completely agree... perhaps my post could have been worded better my point is the wear is more excessive without the metal bands, however the question was is it worth upgrading to the mk3 and in my opinion it's not if your mk2 is still going strong.