This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Nano trolley problem
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:40:44 pm »
I’m having issues with the nano trolley controller or pump . I’ve only had it two weeks but can’t seem to get the calibration right . Auto cal keeps showing error . So I have tried manually doing it , but when I open the tap on the pole it takes 4 seconds for the water to flow . Frustrating . Ive tried a few different settings while also trying to get a good flow . Can’t get it right . Any ideas . F I can’t sort it I will phone em on Monday . But I would rather get it going fit Monday . Any ideas .

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Nano trolley problem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 08:36:11 pm »
The 4 second delay is normal due to the way the electronics work. Personally it drove me nuts on my PF trolley due to the fact that I only use 16mtrs of inflexible PU hose, and I ended up taking it off and fitting a straight forward PWM controller. 
The delay is not as noticeable when you have 60+ meters of mini bore since the hose expands quite a bit under pressure before the system shuts down when you switch off the water. So when you open the tap, the water under pressure in the hose comes out first while the controller completes it’s 4 sec cycle. By the time the water in the pressurised hose has been expelled, the electronics switches on and hey presto you may not have noticed the 4 sec delay.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:02:06 pm »
Thanks for the explanation . So the controller I bought off em years ago which I use on my van mount and runs perfect is better than the brand new ones they sell now ?

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Nano trolley problem New
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 01:03:02 pm »
I wouldn't say better, just simpler and probably with fewer issues in use as a result.
The newer ones have the calibration function which is designed to prolong the life of the pump and pressure switch. I beleive it's the calibration part of the controller which requires the 4 sec test cycle.
However, when lots of us have run these pumps for years either with no controller or a plain PWM controller and have pumps that are still going strong after years of use and on accasion have only had to replace the odd micro switch, there are mixed feelings on whether they are worth it or not. 
For me, in a van I probably would use one.  However, on a trolley where many of us only use short lengths of hose or only PU pole hose, that 4 sec cycle in the electronics is very noticeable and is a right pain. I still had my original plain PWM controller that came on my first PF trolley 10 years ago, so I put that on my new trolley. It's much better. For me anyhow.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 02:29:37 pm »
Well after Pratting about most of the morning I’ve got it just about susssd .shortened the hose from the pump to the hose reel which is mounted on the handle . Changed the hoselock on the reel to the brass swivel type . And got it calibrated at 45 . With a good flow at 60 . Massive improvement . Got the delay down to 1 second . A lot happier now . It’s now just about as good as the van mount . Which is what I was expecting for the money .