This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seymour Sunshine

Targetting houses for sale.
« on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:34 pm »
Like most places, there are quite a few houses for sale in my town. And I'm amazed at how dirty some of the windows are. So it sort of makes sense to me to go for it and see if I can get a well-priced one-off jobbie out of some of them.

I'm thinking of a special leaflet along the lines of:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I see that you house is for sale.

Have you thought how much nicer and more saleable it will be when you have really bright, shiny windows and frames inside and out?

I mean, who wants to buy a house with dull windows and grubby gutters. But a shining bright house is something quite different.
I can get your windows (and all your external woodwork or uPVC) spotlessly clean to give your house “kerb appeal” and probably add value as well.

For most houses to be thoroughly cleaned inside and out is about a half-day’s work so costs somewhere in the region of £** or so. And the increase in “kerb-appeal value” is probably 20 times that. How’s that for an investment?

Give me a call and together we’ll get your house gleaming.

What does anyone think? Worth a punt? And what price would you put on it for a standard 3-bedroom hose inside and out + gutter clean?
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

Cookie

Re: Targetting houses for sale.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:46:15 pm »
If you have the time great idea. Why not canvass a few days after leaving leaflet?

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:50:45 pm »
Just starting out again after a long absence, so I've got too much time and nowhere near enough work yet.

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 09:51:25 pm »
As said worth trying if you have the time its nothing new, however i would just be straight to the point on the services you will provide, none of this have you thought this etc, who wants to buy a dirty house. I wouldn't even bother putting how long it takes on a leaflet.
I think people nowadays see past all the sale bull**** nonsense  so its just wasted space on a leaflet they just want a professional person who does a good job at a reasonable rate.
How about offering like a gold, silver and bronze type service package. Also worth keeping tabs on estate agent websites to see when properties  go on the market and you can get straight in there or try and get in with estate agents to recommend you.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »
Like most places, there are quite a few houses for sale in my town. And I'm amazed at how dirty some of the windows are. So it sort of makes sense to me to go for it and see if I can get a well-priced one-off jobbie out of some of them.

I'm thinking of a special leaflet along the lines of:

I see that you house is for sale.

Have you thought how much nicer and more saleable it will be when you have really bright, shiny windows and frames inside and out?

I mean, who wants to buy a house with dull windows and grubby gutters. But a shining bright house is something quite different.
I can get your windows (and all your external woodwork or uPVC) spotlessly clean to give your house “kerb appeal” and probably add value as well.

For most houses to be thoroughly cleaned inside and out is about a half-day’s work so costs somewhere in the region of £** or so. And the increase in “kerb-appeal value” is probably 20 times that. How’s that for an investment?

Give me a call and together we’ll get your house gleaming.

What does anyone think? Worth a punt? And what price would you put on it for a standard 3-bedroom hose inside and out + gutter clean?
Yes it does work well we have an agreement with two local estate agents that recommend to the prospective house seller that they use us to clean there windows: plastics and complete house wash downs where needed , this works well for us more work , and works for the House seller as property is more desirable and looks good to potential buyers , good for the estate agent as the property will sell for a better price and maybe quicker as it looks nicer than other houses that maybe for sale down the road ,

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 10:58:26 pm »
Your house, not you house. Ffs, I'm fed up with all the dense stuff I read on here.
We look at them, they look through them.

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 11:16:48 pm »
As said worth trying if you have the time its nothing new, however i would just be straight to the point on the services you will provide, none of this have you thought this etc, who wants to buy a dirty house. I wouldn't even bother putting how long it takes on a leaflet.
I think people nowadays see past all the sale bull**** nonsense  so its just wasted space on a leaflet they just want a professional person who does a good job at a reasonable rate.
How about offering like a gold, silver and bronze type service package. Also worth keeping tabs on estate agent websites to see when properties  go on the market and you can get straight in there or try and get in with estate agents to recommend you.

Yes, I can see your point. After all, don't Ford tell you that their cars are economical and powerful and cut all the crap out? You think people see past sales BS? Think again.

You'll notice that none of them are Yes/No questions. I don't want yes or no answers at this stage.

Even when canvassing I never ask "Do you want your windows cleaned?" I ask "How much would you like to have bright, gleaming windows and frames?" Asking a yes/no question often gets the answer "No" automatically. Engaging someone in a conversation is more likely to lead to a sale.

Yes, silver, gold and platinum offerings sounds like a good idea I'd forgotten about. And, yes, I'll look at estate agents' web sites straight away. Thanks for that

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 11:28:02 pm »
Sorry im just curious, but do you actually say to the potential customer
" how much would you like to have bright gleaming windows"??
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 11:35:06 pm »
Sorry I'm just curious, but do you actually say to the potential customer
" how much would you like to have bright gleaming windows"??

Yes.

It often gets the answer "Not interested" but can't be answered with "No." Is it more successful than "Do you want your windows cleaned?" I don't know, but it's a different approach. And it sometimes gets a conversation going. And a conversation often leads to a sale.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 11:41:57 pm »
Dont target houses for sale...target houses that have been sold...

Did this ages ago.

Go to rightmove, recently sold properties in your area.

Write out a nice letter, print em off, envelope em and stamp em and bang em out.

I did about 300 letters and get about 5 new customers.

It does work but i didn't have the drive to put the effort in to do it after a while.

If you have the inclination you could build a full round with enough letters.

Canvassing them would be a better idea

That reminds me actually I must get back on with this idea at some point.

slap bash

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 07:27:40 am »
Again someone brings up valid marketing idea and the negative brigade attack it, because they are the only ones with bright ideas. To many asses on this forum.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 08:48:55 pm »
Again someone brings up valid marketing idea and the negative brigade attack it, because they are the only ones with bright ideas. To many asses on this forum.
T o be fair I think people are agreeing its a good idea, but don't think the wording is sound!

Johnny B

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:26 am »
I haven't done this myself, but how about striking a deal with the estate agents along the lines of offering windows, gutters etc for their clients for a commission for every successful lead.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 11:28:37 am »
Dont be so hard on yourself, you're not an ass.

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 12:45:16 pm »
T o be fair I think people are agreeing its a good idea, but don't think the wording is sound!

Thanks for that. Anything that can get extra work is a good idea when I'm just starting out and looking for customers. How would you change the wording?

Slacky

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 12:54:41 pm »

Thanks for that. Anything that can get extra work is a good idea when I'm just starting out and looking for customers. How would you change the wording?

*KNOCK KNOCK*

'Hi, sorry to disturb you, but would you be interested in a quote for window cleaning'

Short and to the point. No flannel. Don't blind them with flannel.

If they're not interested, be polite thank them for their time and leave them a business card.

Next!

Johnny B

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 01:44:46 pm »

*KNOCK KNOCK*

'Hi, sorry to disturb you, but would you be interested in a quote for window cleaning'

Short and to the point. No flannel. Don't blind them with flannel.

If they're not interested, be polite thank them for their time and leave them a business card.

Next!

I built my business up simply by saying the following:

'Hello, my name is John. I am offering a window cleaning service locally, and wonder if that is something you would be interested in.'

If they weren't interested, I would reply 'No problem, thank you for your time' with a friendly smile.

Very simple. And treat each door as if it is your first.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 02:52:49 pm »
Hi Seymour, just a thought ( its probably gonna get shot down on here  :-X ) but have you tried contacting local estate agents. ?  Sellers usually have professional photos taken as part of a deal along with the EPC  ( done at the same time by same contactor ).  As Jonny B suggested, a commission based deal for an "exterior valet" prior to the photos. You may even be able to leave details of a  regular price with the agents for the new owners , a benefit of this is you'll be able to price it accurately because you'd already have cleaned it.

robbo333

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 04:33:14 pm »
I do this.
However, I wait for the new owner to move in, (usually when the sold board comes down).
And, I only bother doing it in roads where I already clean, or maybe the next road along.
Works for me.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

S.A.J