Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Laugher

Set up speed and efficiency
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:27:27 pm »
Going to be re doing the back of my van over Xmas just wondered what everyone has done to theirs to make speedy and efficient

paul alan

Re: Set up speed and efficiency
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:20 pm »
Me too, looking forward to starting a fresh.

I suppose its just having the things you use the most at the easiest to reach.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
Ive just had a slight adjustment done to mine as i laid a rubber matt down. Since I had to unbolt my reel I might as well tweek it again.
Electric motor on the reel safes time and energy, be it a DIY or shop bought.

Ive moved my reel slightly across which makes more space for the trolley and signs to fit better. This makes it a whole lot easier to grab n go.

Keeping the van clean n tidy makes a big difference and as paul alan said, keeping the essentials to the front all helps.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:43:46 pm »
Get a tiny van , that way when you open the back doors its all there  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:21:15 pm »
whats the white things on sides of your brushes?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 09:43:02 pm »
Bumpers

wayne m

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 06:55:27 am »
What van have you got all that set up in? Did you have the metal frame made up that the hose reel is on and tubs are sat under? Cheers

Missing Link

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 07:49:36 am »

Too tidy.

Have you mental health issues?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 07:51:18 am »
How do you guys with fixed hose reels work? 

I like to lift mine out (two man system) and point them in the direction of travel. 

Quite often I'll be working in one direction and Wor Lass will be off in the other direction.  It seems to make sense to be able to lift out the reels and point them the way we want to go.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 08:20:58 am »

I like to lift mine out (two man system) and point them in the direction of travel. 

Quite often I'll be working in one direction and Wor Lass will be off in the other direction.  It seems to make sense to be able to lift out the reels and point them the way we want to go.
Fixed to a swivel chair base. I don't have to take it out and can point it in any direction.

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 08:25:21 am »
In the same boat Tosh, would love to have a fixed electric reel but I like to pull the hose straight off the reel
in the direction it needs to go in, but because of parking restrictions there's no way I could do this with a fixed reel.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 08:35:51 am »
Tosh, my reel sits in a frame of wood about 2" high. I also have a bit of metal that protrudes over one of the frame pieces to drop it in behind. But if I need to lift it out I can.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 12:10:49 pm »
whats the white things on sides of your brushes?
Yes , they are indeed home made bumpers , I make them out of Polymorph plastic , probably why my Extremes last so long !

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 12:15:03 pm »

Too tidy.

Have you mental health issues?

I just dont have the room to make a mess in mate !
All my vans have been kept well T , dont you remember once refering to me as "Fur coat and no knickers"   ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 12:27:53 pm »
What van have you got all that set up in? Did you have the metal frame made up that the hose reel is on and tubs are sat under? Cheers

Its all squeezed into a Fiat Fiorino , the metal frame is just what i had in my T4 , it fitted in so i used it , its now in the garden as all has changed again !
It was actually made as a frame to go over a flat tank by Varitech , the bloke who ordered it paid a deposit and never went back , i was lucky enough to be in the shop while they were having a clearout , they gave me the frame , pump box and controller , hose reel and hose , 6x18 DI all for £200 , happy days !

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 12:54:57 pm »

It is nice to be able to do that i must admit , but i wanted the electric reel and not to lift in and out all day , with what i have now the only direction i cant straight pull the hose is the way the van is facing at the time , well i can if i go over the roof rack !
This is just an exhaust clamp and 2 of the ribena clips  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 02:23:39 pm »
Mines mounted to floor of the van and i use the tow bar and back of the car which allows it to be pulled to right or the left.

I did use a hose pipe guide attached to the bumper.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 04:34:28 pm »
It's far easier to have a fixed reel in the van tosh than having to take it out all the time. Just pull a bit of hose off the reel if your going in the opposite direction and keep walking! 
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »
It's far easier to have a fixed reel in the van tosh than having to take it out all the time. Just pull a bit of hose off the reel if your going in the opposite direction and keep walking!

And it will save your back in the long run by leaving it in your van

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 07:47:04 pm »
i fitted a roller through the floor, but not overly happy with it, sometimes it works great, other times its not so smooth which jerks the reel, which causes it to spill the coil, which causes it to snag on itself, which cause me to swear at the thing.

Electric reel is great, but i need to fit a 2nd battery as towards the end of the day its getting  bit slow