Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which do you use regularly?

Cold water
65%
26 (65%)
Hot water
35%
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Steven Biggs

Re: Hot or cold
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 12:43:34 pm »
Hot tap water as I'm di only.
So am I, I run the hot through the Di, no effect.
do you fill the tank with hot through the the di . Or do you have the di after the tank .

alank

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 12:52:46 pm »
Fill the tank with hot from the tap di after the tank.

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »
Practice what i preach.......thats exactly what im doing.
I might be wrong but reading between the lines it would appear that people dont want to or cant justify the expense of using hot water not luke warm.
For instance I have changed my electric plan to suit using alot of electricity to use my heater most nights for working the next day. I will run it for however long I need to to get the desired temperature.
I also say how much i charge now and so therefore I dont mind this expense as part of my work costs.
Yet alot on here who claim to be earning big bucks scoff at running costs and therefore run their heaters for the bare minimum. Or keep doing u turns on the matter.....hot is good cold is good but now im considering hot again......etc etc.
Im consistent in what I say and what I do.
You dont believe a person can clean more tban 30 houses in a day    so dont belief it thats fine. Just dont keep harping on or accusing someone of spinning a tail just because you dont belief it. Its getting quite boring now.  Then there are days when i do far less and guess what, I earn as much from that as I do cleaning upto 30 or more houses. It all depends on the part of the round im on.  But im also enjoying these couple of days off, tinkering with the van and new solar panels to get better results which you think im not getting now.
For the old timers it might be sucking eggs but sometimes the newbies can teach you to suck them eggs better 😂😂😂😂😂

Your totally right Nathan you should never judge what somebody has to say just because of their age as there are plenty of
bright young sparks out there who can teach and improve, but unfortunately your not one of them.
Your the type of guy who if told to look right and left while crossing the road wouldn't do it because you got away with it the last time.
Example, your now lecturing about hot removing concrete because you removed a splatter of concrete from a pane of glass which may or not have been scratched depending on which of your posts we read, a sensible person would have to gather a lot more evidence than that before coming to your conclusion.

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 01:18:21 pm »
If you take away your judgemental aproach before you read peoples posts then you might, just might, read them properly.  For instance, find me the post where I specifically say the pane of glass im being accused of scratching had concrete on that I removed with hot water. 
Then you can tell me im spinning the tales.
Also find the post where the chap is accusing me of scratching due to concrete.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 01:41:55 pm »
If you take away your judgemental aproach before you read peoples posts then you might, just might, read them properly.  For instance, find me the post where I specifically say the pane of glass im being accused of scratching had concrete on that I removed with hot water. 
Then you can tell me im spinning the tales.
Also find the post where the chap is accusing me of scratching due to concrete.

You said it, I linked it to Cleans reply on your glass scratching post, I didn't say the chap accused of you scratching it because of concrete infect you actually said you didn't let on about the concrete on the scratched glass as not to give him  any further reason to complain, the clues there, concrete on the scratched glass.
I do laugh though that your still saying removed concrete with hot water, yep all those concrete removing chemicals and thread's on here about which is best at removing concrete from glass, all they needed to do was boil a kettle. lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 02:55:49 pm »
On those same threads or its on the other forums, im not the only one who has said to use hot water on removing concrete splatter  :P
All the chems etc are also on the basis that the user is using cold water.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 02:58:04 pm »
Nath you work out of a cheap,old style van and have a cheap immersion method of heating the water. Be careful what you say as you run the risk of looking a fool!

I can run my heater for longer and have the water hotter but I choose not to as it's pointless for my needs. Can I afford to run it longer? Of course but like I say- for me this doesn't achieve anything over and above what really warm water does.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Tony dunmall

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 03:18:48 pm »
Used hot for 10 years with a webasto 9plus something kw set up for single user 

had very good heat for work used summer and winter, I felt when I had real bad issue with  shoulders and neck it eliminated most scrubbing,it was very hard on the brushes and equipment though especially the lighter brushes

Been useing cold now with an additive for slugs and snail trials two years and more than happy we don’t have such harsh weather in winter in south if it’s too cold I don’t bother working down to about -3 to -5 is okay with cold

It’s an expense over the year and I just felt it didn’t warrant the return when I can cope with cold water looked into useing immersion but not able to in a grippa tank if I lived wheeew was colder for longer periods I would use hot

mufcglen

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »
funnily enough ive just put a new gas bottle in the van this week after tuesdays cold snap, i tend to take it out in summer as the waters not as cold as winter straight out the tap but i should carry on really as for me personally from my years of using both hot and cold i find it definately gives a better clean, its quicker with less scrubbing on stains bird poo etc and it does seem to leave less water on the windows for some reason when rinsing not sure why though.
i always say wash your hands with fairy liquid and cold water then feel the difference with hot, everything softens up easier just because of a temperature difference.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 03:38:30 pm »
Nath you work out of a cheap,old style van and have a cheap immersion method of heating the water. Be careful what you say as you run the risk of looking a fool!

I can run my heater for longer and have the water hotter but I choose not to as it's pointless for my needs. Can I afford to run it longer? Of course but like I say- for me this doesn't achieve anything over and above what really warm water does.👍

I have a little backward thinking on driving brand new vans and all sign written up. One it doesnt mean that the person driving such a van is a better cleaner/worker than the next person. Second I feel it can put people off employing you as they think your earning enough etc..      yep thats why I said its a little backwards as the counter point is, that sometimes it gets you the bigger jobs.

However I have also said on other threads that im not one for being all flash with the cash and buying a new van etc. 

But I appreciate what your saying
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »
Whats with everyones comments on hot water that they heat it up to only 45 degrees or so just for the hose pipe to be soft. 
If you've gone to the trouble of getting equipment for hot water and gone to the trouble to warm your water WHY stop there??!!  Heat it more and then be proud that you have hot water to actually clean and then trully see the difference

Been there, done it. For me 99% of the time hot has no more cleaning power over cold or warm. So, the extra heating isn't worth the 1% difference. You would need a proper hot (gas or diesel) heater to get it hot enough at the brush- consistantly enough to make any "real" or "justifiable" difference. For me it's all about comfort and keeping the van and system workable regardless of outside temps.
Complete and utter rubbish it doesn’t clean better complete toilet talk.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »
Whats with everyones comments on hot water that they heat it up to only 45 degrees or so just for the hose pipe to be soft. 
If you've gone to the trouble of getting equipment for hot water and gone to the trouble to warm your water WHY stop there??!!  Heat it more and then be proud that you have hot water to actually clean and then trully see the difference

Been there, done it. For me 99% of the time hot has no more cleaning power over cold or warm. So, the extra heating isn't worth the 1% difference. You would need a proper hot (gas or diesel) heater to get it hot enough at the brush- consistantly enough to make any "real" or "justifiable" difference. For me it's all about comfort and keeping the van and system workable regardless of outside temps.

Aye aye, here he is.... the 100k kid who's not the 100k kid, who is the 100k kid but isn't the 100k kid but knows how to be the 100k kid but still isn't the 100k kid.

Make up your own mind how credible the Bovine manure is that exits his mouth!👍
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2017, 03:54:31 pm »

Aye aye, here he is.... the 100k kid who's not the 100k kid, who is the 100k kid but isn't the 100k kid but knows how to be the 100k kid but still isn't the 100k kid.

He's also a PPB user, no need to say more. lol.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2017, 04:08:33 pm »

He's also a PPB user, no need to say more. lol.

You mean P'BS'? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2017, 05:36:41 pm »
Stop knocking me you two I had a record day today 8 hours on the glass around the 150 mark,you know nothing you lot 😂👉🏽🍩💩

P @ F

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 08:23:35 pm »
Come on girls , lets put this right  ;D
I use one of them cheapy harry L5 deathtraps , as i have for the past 8 years at least , i aint dead yet , and my van aint gone boom as far as i am aware !
It gets the water to a massive 40c on average , it dont clean any better , it dont stop my van freezing overnight , all it does is dissolve poop and snail trails easier , saving me energy not  masses of time .
So why do i bother , because it costs me under £2 a day to run and it makes the job in winter more bearable , and you cant beat warm hands and a soft hose cos im a girl thingy  ;D ;D ;D 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 09:06:47 pm »
I use an immersion heater (3kw) - self installed.

Primarily for frost/ice protection,  and supple hoses. Usually between 30 and 40 degrees Celsius in the tank.

Haven't bothered this year so far.
It's a game of three halves!

paul alan

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 09:32:18 pm »
Used hot for 10 years with a webasto 9plus something kw set up for single user 

had very good heat for work used summer and winter, I felt when I had real bad issue with  shoulders and neck it eliminated most scrubbing,it was very hard on the brushes and equipment though especially the lighter brushes

Been useing cold now with an additive for slugs and snail trials two years and more than happy we don’t have such harsh weather in winter in south if it’s too cold I don’t bother working down to about -3 to -5 is okay with cold

It’s an expense over the year and I just felt it didn’t warrant the return when I can cope with cold water looked into useing immersion but not able to in a grippa tank if I lived wheeew was colder for longer periods I would use hot
additive?

slap bash

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 01:07:13 pm »
Shame the puppy is upset. Poor ego had a knock has it. Tell someone who cares.

NWH

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 04:13:31 pm »
We do get very cold days in the south in places some rural spots it gets down to -3 or 4 it’s not uncommon for those temperatures.