Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which do you use regularly?

Cold water
65%
26 (65%)
Hot water
35%
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Slacky

Hot or cold
« on: November 09, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »
Hot water could be water thats been heated by any one of the methods listed below.

• hot tap water
  • gas boiler
  • diesel heater
  • fish tank heater
  • immersion heater

davids3511

Re: Hot or cold
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:26:18 pm »
Hot via a Webasto diesel heater. Costs about £4/5 a day and worth every penny. I don't agree with what Daz says, hot is faster and the hoses are easier to work with (although I notice he is flip flopping on the issue). I'm much more comfortable with a diesel heater, never liked carrying a bottle of gas about.

Og

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:43:11 pm »
Forgot I had a fish tank heater!
Must dig it out😀

alank

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:03:47 pm »
Hot tap water as I'm di only.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »
Really? Can you do that by using hot tap to run through your di?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »
Never used hot, would like to try it but I think  would go the immersion route. I can see how it could help on certain houses with insect droppings etc but wouldn't want to spend 5k or gas myself to death to find out.

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 10:06:17 pm »
Really? Can you do that by using hot tap to run through your di?

Cheapest way of using hot water unless you use a calorifier tank connected up to van radiator and cycle the hot water through the tank if you clock up the miles and use a very efficient calorifier ideally with a 2kw immersion heater built in. Did it before with a previous van use a marine quality calorifier tank and plumbed it all in myself  ;) :)

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 10:31:09 pm »
Tried it for a while made no difference, that said I don't get that much bird muck, snail trails, eggs, cement, tree sap and moss on the windows so what I should be saying is it made no difference to my work.

alank

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:35 pm »
Yes I just fill my tank up the night before with hot to about 3/4 full this also acts like a large hot water bottle and keeps things frost free then top up in morning if needed.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 10:40:55 pm »
3kw immersion. However, this is not installed to use "hot" water but rather keep the van and entire system frost free and workable regardless of temperature. Heat the tank and the tank heats the van and system in return- Two birds, One stone an' all that.💪👍💪
Comfortably Numb!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 05:40:20 am »
Have used  the 5 kw thermopure and gas .
The gas produced hotter water as it was 16 kw .
I loved the hot water it is definitely quicker keeps your hands warm and the Windows dry  faster.
On  most maintenance cleans you could use one pass of the brush.
Spit and polish

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 08:11:39 am »
Use hot for a couple of months during winter.  Mainly to keep everything supple including me  ;D ;D.  Preheat it to 45 degrees with an L5 gas heater into 25ltr barrels.  My heater is set up in an open cabin in the garden. 

davids3511

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 09:25:42 am »
Hot tap water as I'm di only.
So am I, I run the hot through the Di, no effect.

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 09:31:07 am »
Whats with everyones comments on hot water that they heat it up to only 45 degrees or so just for the hose pipe to be soft. 
If you've gone to the trouble of getting equipment for hot water and gone to the trouble to warm your water WHY stop there??!!  Heat it more and then be proud that you have hot water to actually clean and then trully see the difference
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 09:47:55 am »
Whats with everyones comments on hot water that they heat it up to only 45 degrees or so just for the hose pipe to be soft. 
If you've gone to the trouble of getting equipment for hot water and gone to the trouble to warm your water WHY stop there??!!  Heat it more and then be proud that you have hot water to actually clean and then trully see the difference

More babble, the only reason your getting it higher is because your not using it, people who empty their tanks wont be starting
at 40degrees. (roll eyes )
Not everybody can clean 30 to 35 properties a day on 200ltrs of water.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 10:23:10 am »

Been there, done it. For me 99% of the time hot has no more cleaning power over cold or warm. So, the extra heating isn't worth the 1% difference. You would need a proper hot (gas or diesel) heater to get it hot enough at the brush- consistantly enough to make any "real" or "justifiable" difference. For me it's all about comfort and keeping the van and system workable regardless of outside temps.
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 10:39:40 am »

More babble, the only reason your getting it higher is because your not using it, people who empty their tanks wont be starting

Im sure if i had a 3kw element i would get my water from 16-20 upto 60 odd degrees.
Besides when i do a full tank from scratch i can still hit the higher temps. 
But im glad your prowling these threads still to tell people what they can n cant do.
Keep up the good work
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 11:11:43 am »

Im sure if i had a 3kw element i would get my water from 16-20 upto 60 odd degrees.
Besides when i do a full tank from scratch i can still hit the higher temps. 
But im glad your prowling these threads still to tell people what they can n cant do.
Keep up the good work

KS has a 3kw and so has Peavey, they cant, but thats not the point, if your going to harp on and lecture about any topic
at least be doing the same yourself in other words practice what you preach.

slap bash

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 12:20:55 pm »
I, like many, have put the hot water debate to bed many years ago then its all opened up by  a yesterday newby thinking they have just discovered something new.  For the new arrivals try reading back in history on this forum and don`t try reinventing the wheel.  Just go out there and be special. If hot water is great then all the customers will soon move their business needs towards your business. Don`t try to teach us how to suck eggs.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 12:42:55 pm »
Practice what i preach.......thats exactly what im doing.
I might be wrong but reading between the lines it would appear that people dont want to or cant justify the expense of using hot water not luke warm.
For instance I have changed my electric plan to suit using alot of electricity to use my heater most nights for working the next day. I will run it for however long I need to to get the desired temperature.
I also say how much i charge now and so therefore I dont mind this expense as part of my work costs.
Yet alot on here who claim to be earning big bucks scoff at running costs and therefore run their heaters for the bare minimum. Or keep doing u turns on the matter.....hot is good cold is good but now im considering hot again......etc etc.
Im consistent in what I say and what I do.
You dont believe a person can clean more tban 30 houses in a day    so dont belief it thats fine. Just dont keep harping on or accusing someone of spinning a tail just because you dont belief it. Its getting quite boring now.  Then there are days when i do far less and guess what, I earn as much from that as I do cleaning upto 30 or more houses. It all depends on the part of the round im on.  But im also enjoying these couple of days off, tinkering with the van and new solar panels to get better results which you think im not getting now.
For the old timers it might be sucking eggs but sometimes the newbies can teach you to suck them eggs better 😂😂😂😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk