Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: cant believe this!!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
Oh. Any further comments from the householder should be met with. "I refer you to my last text to you."

And if he gets a solicitors letter sent to you then reply with this.

"I do not believe I have damaged Mr. X's patio door glass. I have explained to him why. If he has not shown you my text then here is a transcript of it (and type it out)."

Also put "This issue for which I am completely free from blame has cost me some time to deal with thus far which I value at £50.00. I am prepared to waive this at this point, but further escalation will result in this sum being added to my costs for reimbursement."

"Yours sincerely,

Big Dinner Nath"
It's a game of three halves!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 08:33:16 pm »
You're probably not going to get a better answer than Granville Golds.  8)

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »
You're probably not going to get a better answer than Granville Golds.  8)

Yep i think your right. Hes done a better job than my insurance company.   When this took place  i enquired with them about what I should do, as in put in a claim and let them defend me etc.
They told me they had someone recently go through similar and I was told that its best to wait until they get a quote because I have X excess to pay first and its quite hard to prove that a window cleaner hasnt done it if the owner is adamant its you.
 :o

Couldnt believe what I heard. Even though i sent them a picture of the brush n jets and told use hot water etc etc. They just cant be bothered to fight and would rather pay out!!   :o
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 08:42:18 pm »
If there were concrete splats on the glass was it yourself that removed them Nathan? Are the scratches where the concrete splats once were?

Dazzler3370

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »
Nathan,

Ive done a test on my garage window, I literally covered my brush with debris from the floor. I scrubbed my window as hard as I could and didnt make a mark. Why because we are constantly using running water. It is very hard to actually scratch glass.
My advice:
I would say I will happily pay for the damaged window if you can prove that i did it, otherwise
Drop them and replace them with another customer.

Is it really worth getting stressed out about. Its a pane of glass....!!!!
Dazzler

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 08:52:47 pm »
Im going to contact the so called federation and get it in writing/email their response to my question. Along with the photo (date stamped when I was accused) which shows how clean the brush was/is and a video showing the water cascade from 6 jets plus heated water on a pane of glass. Coupled with an edited script from granville and return that to the customer.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 08:56:57 pm »
Im going to contact the so called federation and get it in writing/email their response to my question. Along with the photo (date stamped when I was accused) which shows how clean the brush was/is and a video showing the water cascade from 6 jets plus heated water on a pane of glass. Coupled with an edited script from granville and return that to the customer.
Myself , i would just tell matey to " Feck off " , but thats just me  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Bungle

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 08:57:40 pm »
6 jets of water will cause a valley in the glass surface.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 09:44:16 pm »
I wouldn't use photos of brushes or contact the Federation. Especiallyat this stage. Even if what the custy said they said is true it doesn't apply to you because you keep your brush meticulously clean and have never had a similar complaint.

Just text back. Then "refer to the previous text" every time they contact you.

Bounce each response off of us.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 09:57:51 pm »
Shouldn't have engaged him in the first place Nathan

Should have simply told him from the start it wasn't you and that's that.

Would just tell him pretty much what Granville said then just ignore him unless you get a legal letter.

I once got asked to look at a scratched sill, so I did. It was scratched...

No idea if it was me to be honest lol but I never went back  :-X

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:55 pm »
Shouldn't have engaged him in the first place Nathan

Should have simply told him from the start it wasn't you and that's that.

Would just tell him pretty much what Granville said then just ignore him unless you get a legal letter.

I once got asked to look at a scratched sill, so I did. It was scratched...

No idea if it was me to be honest lol but I never went back  :-X

Your right. Especially as he called me whilst driving upto scotland at the time.  I got a call that went onto voice message and listened when I arrived. Didnt mention scratches at the time just there was a problem. I told him I'll sort out when back thinking it may have been drip marks on window or something (had heavy rain later the day i cleaned them). It wasnt until I was in their house that it became apparent what the problem was. Yet I was adamant it wasnt me and then i posted on here n spoke to my insurance company on where to go from here.
Not heard ote so thought it was case over untill I received this text.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:39 pm »
"there does seem to be an indemic fault with the system"

Thats not even English. Theres no such word as "indemic" and "endemic" does not fit correctly either. He's bluffing.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

windowswashed

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »
Nathan,

Ive done a test on my garage window, I literally covered my brush with debris from the floor. I scrubbed my window as hard as I could and didnt make a mark. Why because we are constantly using running water. It is very hard to actually scratch glass.
My advice:
I would say I will happily pay for the damaged window if you can prove that i did it, otherwise

I tried to scratch glass on an old  UPVC window I had spare.Chucked sand, grit, several things, had the water running through the brush and pushed extra hard on the pole, tried my hardest to scratch the glass.  Examined the window and even though I tried my hardest to scratch the glasss on purpose, I couldn't scratch the glass.
Anyone ever accuse me of scratching their window I just tell them to prove it as they'd have a tough job proving it  :)

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 10:47:59 pm »
Just an idea Nathan

But since you like making vids, why not do one showing you dipping your brush in various grits etc and scrubbing the hell out of glass to showcase how safe it is.

Link him to it. Job done

Shrek

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 10:49:39 pm »
p1w1

Re: Hot Water Systems

« Reply #30 on: Today at 07:54:20 pm »
Quote from: nathankaye on Today at 07:29:25 pm
Quote from: Wibble ( Paul ) on Today at 06:50:35 pm
Is all this heating malarkey worth the cost of buying? cost of running? Increased risk to home and van?  Faffing about ?  Breakdowns?

For what? Warner hands, faster getting bird poo off, getting out an hour earlier on those rare frosty mornings.

;D ;D

Yep!!  For me its about comfort and as you may know, i have the hose around my waist and in this cold weather its lovely!!

Im gonna post it later, but the temp in my ibc tank today is a very cold 11.3 degrees. Ild hate to be using that with stiff hoses and then on a very cold icy day to lay an already cold hose on top of a very cold icy ground doesnt sound like fun to me.

But cleaning wise, its faster and very effective on pvc frames. Certainly good for first cleans and also no need for chems on fascia or conny roof cleans. 

Then theres the spider poo etc or even splattered concrete. Ive used hot water on conrete to successfully remove n clean.

Thats not wise you could scratch someones glass doing that  :-X

Guilty!  :-X

nathankaye

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:04 pm »
So im thinking of this response.

As I mentioned to you on 10 October when you brought this accusation to my attention, that I strongly belief that I am falsely accused of such marks on the glass.

Following our conversation I forwarded on a photo of my brush, the quality and cleanliness of which I presented to on the same day;

As can be clearly seen from the image that the brush is more than fit for its purpose and also in impeccable order. The brushbin question is a streamline 14inch rectangular brush purposely constructed for the use of cleaning glass windows.

I also brought to your attention how I use 6x 1mm jets which provides a constant cascade of water running through the bristles of the brush and therefore preventing any opportunity of blockages within the bristles.
A video of said brush and the cascade of water can clearly be seen from my public videos from my youtube channel NK services which produced to help other window cleaners.;
https://youtu.be/oLP6OUW__oU
https://youtu.be/GPmKhYVVITY

(Highlighting these as evidence and not staged, due to the date stamp and number of views)

In addition I also explained how I use hot water, which can be evidenced from my you tube channel.
https://youtu.be/cB2kkIfEtWk
Therefore concluding that the heat from the water would make the bristles soft and the cascade of constant water running through the bristles would also ensure that the brushes ability to cause damage to glass panes virtually impossible.

Which clearly shows the opposite of your claim. Especially in reference to the problem being "endemic" in light that only one pane of glass is showing signs of scratches out of the many panes of glass at your property nor the many which I clean
during the course of a day.

The reason or reasons for the scratches in question should be directed elsewhere and not at myself nor my equipment which is impeccable for its manufactured purpose. As these scratches have only been brought to your attention by the low sitting sun at this time of year.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 10:56:38 pm »
Just forward Granville’s post. Stop poncing about, you always complicate your posts with too much flannel.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 11:18:26 pm »
Just an idea Nathan

But since you like making vids, why not do one showing you dipping your brush in various grits etc and scrubbing the hell out of glass to showcase how safe it is.

Link him to it. Job done

I like the sound of this idea  ;D ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 11:28:08 pm »
Just forward Granville’s post. Stop poncing about, you always complicate your posts with too much flannel.
He's right.
Trying to sound clever only makes you sound less clever, Nathan. You're not a barrister so stop trying to sound like one.
The customer's text was also rubbish so stop worrying.
Just start practicing your Shaggy voice singing 'it wasn't me'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

tony day

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:10 pm »
Nathan,

My advice:

I tried to scratch glass on an old  UPVC window I had spare.Chucked sand, grit, several things, had the water running through the brush and pushed extra hard on the pole, tried my hardest to scratch the glass.  Examined the window and even though I tried my hardest to scratch the glasss on purpose, I couldn't scratch the glass.
Anyone ever accuse me of scratching their window I just tell them to prove it as they'd have a tough job proving it  :)