This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Don Kee

Re: cant believe this!!
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »
Nathan, how do you think the scratches happened?
Apologies if you've already said but there were concrete splashes and now there are not.
Are the scratches in the same place?  If so, how do you think they got there?
Assuming you didn't make them, of course.
I understand that you might not know and you don't have to but I'm curious (not like that).

See, now I just thought you were normally curious until I read the brackets...now I’m thinking there may have been a freudian slip...  ;D
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Dry Clean

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2017, 07:23:26 pm »
if the insurace will deal with them and you never have to in my opinion that is amazing !

Yes it would be amazing, tip, don't believe everything insurance brokers tell you, they don't need to prove anything
they just need to convince the judge that they're not lying, cases like this can go either way.

G Griffin

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2017, 07:31:14 pm »
Apologies if you've already said but there were concrete splashes and now there are not.
I understand that you might not know and you don't have to but I'm curious (not like that).

See, now I just thought you were normally curious until I read the brackets...now I’m thinking there may have been a freudian slip...  ;D
I am curious to know what it's like to do it with a woman.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

windowswashed

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2017, 09:28:38 pm »
I can totally believe the idiots at the Federation of window cleaners saying something like that.

Your not getting the full story, here we have a guy who because has hot water thought it would be ok to scrub concrete of
glass, any wonder the customer and the Federation think he did it.

Have you ever used hot water to clean concrete splatter off glass???
Im guessing with such an answer you clearly have not

I rest my case.
;D you couldn't make it up.

Guys you know not what you say!
Hot water is great at removing concrete splatter and if you read my post in regards to this I used my finger nail to remove it!  Hence if it did scratch the glass which it didnt ( as I checked) the scratches would be minute

Talking of finger nails.......they have a hardness rating of 4 and diamonds have a hardness rating of 11 if I'm not wrong, Eleven being the hardest. Just some useless info I remember from decades ago at school  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2017, 10:52:50 pm »

The pane of glass in question is the 2nd one in from the left.
The panes from the right with the blinds down had the concrete splatters on. The slabs which are now laid in the garden is what the owner was laying and if memory serves me well he laid a bed of concrete down first.
But the patio table had all sorts on them.as well and a concrete mixer in garden etc.
Theres several scratches on the glass and you need the right angle to see them or i did when I was there.
But I have no idea how they came about. At the time the chap said maybe i dropped my brush and then carried on cleaning; mistakes happen etc.
Thats when I also said that would make me incompetent at my job. But also as you can see from the picture, slabs are laid. If my brush fell like hes making out it would be hard pressed to find enough grit to get lodged in the bristles to do that damage and why not the last couple of panes as well?

Truth be told if I knew 100% that I did something like that, I would put it right.  If it was a long standing customer and we were at stale mate I would suggest halfs. On this I just cant see how I could have done it and to just one pane of glass.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2017, 11:08:55 pm »
You mean the middle one  ??? ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2017, 11:10:32 pm »
No, the second one from the right.

Slacky

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2017, 11:14:26 pm »
Atrocious.

Bungle

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2017, 11:18:35 pm »
No, the second one from the right.

;D

Bungle

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2017, 11:21:05 pm »

The pane of glass in question is the 2nd one in from the left.
The panes from the right with the blinds down had the concrete splatters on. The slabs which are now laid in the garden is what the owner was laying and if memory serves me well he laid a bed of concrete down first.
But the patio table had all sorts on them.as well and a concrete mixer in garden etc.
Theres several scratches on the glass and you need the right angle to see them or i did when I was there.
But I have no idea how they came about. At the time the chap said maybe i dropped my brush and then carried on cleaning; mistakes happen etc.
Thats when I also said that would make me incompetent at my job. But also as you can see from the picture, slabs are laid. If my brush fell like hes making out it would be hard pressed to find enough grit to get lodged in the bristles to do that damage and why not the last couple of panes as well?

Truth be told if I knew 100% that I did something like that, I would put it right.  If it was a long standing customer and we were at stale mate I would suggest halfs. On this I just cant see how I could have done it and to just one pane of glass.

Hang on a minute, this is a wind up. Who in their right mind puts towels out to dry in the rain, surely you put them in the tumble dryer? This just doesn't add up.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2017, 03:27:09 am »
if the insurace will deal with them and you never have to in my opinion that is amazing !

Yes it would be amazing, tip, don't believe everything insurance brokers tell you, they don't need to prove anything
they just need to convince the judge that they're not lying, cases like this can go either way.

This sounds more likely. In civil cases, the burden of proof is lower. It is "on the balance of probabilities" whereas in criminal cases it's "beyond reasonable doubt".

H2GoKent

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2017, 06:29:47 am »
Smells strongly of 'Oh crap I used a wallpaper scraper to get cement off the window, and now the missus is gonna kill me'

I had someone try this on with me once, I showed him the brush, explained that is was designed to do the job, and that it sprayed a good flow of water, and was regularly cleaned.

A plain English reply is a good one. Polite but firm, in theory lots of things 'could' happen doesn't mean that they are at all likely to.

A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

H2GoKent

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2017, 06:32:34 am »
Interesting and perhaps significant that the pane without cement is the one with scratches, so 'someone' has had a go at removing them and done the damage
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Og

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2017, 07:20:35 am »
I would be using a mortar mix, rather than concrete, to lay those slabs.

Just doesn't add up.........

G Griffin

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2017, 09:02:18 pm »
Nathan, tell them you didn't do it, that you're not sorting it or contacting your insurance and ask would they like you to continue to cleaning their windows.
If not then have no further contact with them.
Hold your nerve and I bet they'll give it up first.
Good luck with it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

alank

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2017, 09:12:41 pm »
After all that even if they wanted me to continue cleaning their windows I wouldn't.

P @ F

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2017, 09:18:49 pm »
I still cant believe that you are bothered by it , send me his number and i will tell him to feck off for you  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2017, 09:26:15 pm »
I sent Granville's reply several days ago now. Currently not had a response

Certainly im not going back to clean them.  Especially because it would be extremely awkward whilst this is on going and then them questioning everything I do or if anymore marks suddenly appear etc. Its just not worth the hassle. If i dump bad payers n time waster then dumping someone because they accuse me of wrong doing aint a problem at all
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2017, 11:37:13 am »
Any further comeback, Nathan?
It's a game of three halves!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2017, 11:54:44 am »
I sent Granville's reply several days ago now. Currently not had a response

Certainly im not going back to clean them.  Especially because it would be extremely awkward whilst this is on going and then them questioning everything I do or if anymore marks suddenly appear etc. Its just not worth the hassle. If i dump bad payers n time waster then dumping someone because they accuse me of wrong doing aint a problem at all

You've done the best thing Nath. Forget and move on now and try not to let it get to you.👍
Comfortably Numb!