This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Can't believe this!!
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:44:07 pm »
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Soupy

Re: cant believe this!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 06:50:02 pm »
 :o

I sincerely hope that is a lie about the federation.....
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:16:05 pm »

To a degree it true though. Although i wouldn't have expected for them to simply say that its a fault with this system and thats it.

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:20:44 pm »

To a degree it true though. Although i wouldn't have expected for them to simply say that its a fault with this system and thats it.

Surely the stance of the federation should be:

There is no endemic issue with the system if properly maintained.

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 07:24:06 pm »

Surely the stance of the federation should be:

There is no endemic issue with the system if properly maintained.
I agree mate, It would be operator error and not the system (not saying it was you Nath).  Give them a call tomorrow while lounging around with your feet up in your office and see what they say  ;D

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:07 pm »
It's not a fault.

If you clean a window with anything that's contaminated with grit there is a risk. It's nothing to do with the system.

Nathan, I'm not saying that you damaged the window BTW. Most of the time the damage is done before the window cleaner arrives, we are just a soft target.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:10 pm »
If it was me mate, I'd deny, deny and deny. I got accused while back. He threatened to sue me to which i just nodded and said "fair enough. Take care"

I've not heard anything yet and it's been about a year!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 07:29:31 pm »
Let's face it. If you're cleaning using trad tools the risk is much higher for debris on the applicator! With wfp and the constant flow of water and none scratch nylon brushes it's "virtually" impossible.

How many trad cleaners do you see with black filthy applicators? I see a ton! And guess what; They're not scratching glass either!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 07:35:28 pm »
Oh yeah and... "endemic fault" my arse! They're bluffing, mate! Don't fall for it. Call there bluff and ask for evidence the WCF Has said that ;-)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 07:37:46 pm »
I would call the Federation myself tomorrow and enquire whether this is genuine or not.
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »
No punctuation, bad grammar = chav trying it on. Let them have your insurance details, let them sort it, it's what you pay them for!
We look at them, they look through them.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 07:41:57 pm »
No punctuation, bad grammar = chav trying it on. Let them have your insurance details, let them sort it, it's what you pay them for!

Have you been reading my posts?  ;D. You're correct though. That text message is one long sentence. i almost passed out reading it  :P

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 07:47:31 pm »
Send them a text back saying " Correction, you mean THEIR details, not THERE details"  ;D Sorry i know it's not the time for jokes but i couldn't resist one!  :-X :P

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 07:54:02 pm »
Where is the evidence you scratched the glass?

Did they see this happen at the time they alleged you did it?

Did they inspect your brush there and then, and retrieve the glass scratching article?

Ok , you cant prove you didn't do it but they cant prove you did!

Now pee off while I finish my carvery x

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
You can't prove it was there and they can't prove it was you end of story. A tiler nearly cut my thumb of last year and turns out he wasn't insured. All he had to do was say that I done it my self, even though my wife and kids were standing three meters away as witnesses there was nothing a lawyer would do about it. Six weeks off work with a badly fractured thumb, the nail removed and nail bed stitched up and I couldn't claim him!! So I doubt very much this chancer can claim you.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 08:00:18 pm »

Did they inspect your brush there and then, and retrieve the glass scratching article?

I genuinely did a lol then  ;D. Well said! Something tells me you've had some kind of experience with the law   ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:02:30 pm »
You can't prove it was there and they can't prove it was you end of story. A tiler nearly cut my thumb of last year and turns out he wasn't insured. All he had to do was say that I done it my self, even though my wife and kids were standing three meters away as witnesses there was nothing a lawyer would do about it. Six weeks off work with a badly fractured thumb, the nail removed and nail bed stitched up and I couldn't claim him!! So I doubt very much this chancer can claim you.

Nice anecdote  :o Sorry about the thumb though, mate!

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 08:02:56 pm »

I genuinely did a lol then  ;D. Well said! Something tells me you've had some kind of experience with the law   ;)
"No comment"

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 08:08:29 pm »

"No comment"

Hehe  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 08:16:59 pm »
Nathan.

I went back and looked at your original thread about this and you typed that you went back and told him that it was impossible to happen. You also said that he had been laying slabs and had concrete splashes but you didn't bring this up with him.

He is trying it on. Or he is sincere but mistaken.

My advice is this. If you are pretty sure you have not done this then text back and say this.

Dear Mr. X.

I do not believe I have scratched your patio windows. I will not use my insurance to facilitate you making a claim as I believe this would amount to fraudulent behaviour.

I believe that the marks are more likely to have come from builders residue such as cement splatters or similar or from any initial cleaning carried out by others on you or your builders instructions upon completion of the building work.

If such is the case then these marks may not have become apparent to you until the sun was low in the sky highlighting any irregularities and that you blame me as you have not thought through the several possibilities as to how they were caused.

Your paraphrasing your conversation with the Federation of Window Cleaners carries no weight as I am meticulous about the cleanliness of my brushes and the problem being "endemic" is ludicrous when you consider the hundreds of windows I clean every week with no complaint other than yours.

I do not believe you are being malicious in your claim but as alluded to I believe you are wrong to accuse me of damaging your windows and any escalation of this matter by you will be defended vigorously and any costs that I incur from such defence will be presented to you for your reimbursement.

Yours sincerely,

Nathan "big lunch" Kaye
Window Cleaner to the Gentry
It's a game of three halves!