This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

wfp-changeover
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:07:00 pm »
hi thanks to everyone in months gone by for all the advice on wfp.
   I have been on my own now 1 yr trad previously nearly 2 yrs for someone else.

I have finally took the plunge and ordered a freedom trolley for august.
  I live in essex thames water; like everyone else i am nervous of drought orders
, the fwc told me that in kent where 1st drought order issue'd; wfp users are excempt at present due to H&S.

any advice on this and wfp in general greatly recieved.
  I went on bwca wfp course feb;
I have been informing my customers i see about changeover will also do letter month befor I switch over.
as said any advice greatly recieved; starting to get excited but nervous also; most w/c i know are trad and be little wfp system and of course are talking droughts if i see them  :o.
cheers lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Jeff Brimble

Re: wfp-changeover
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:59:12 pm »
Congrats on the leap of faith. Do the letter NOW and a follow up one 1 month before. It will take you that long to deliver and explain it.Emphasise you have done it for your own safety - they will see the sense of it.

lee_dewing

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 10:45:12 am »
thanks jeff
lee

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 04:27:30 pm »
Hi Lee,

Remember when you change some will like it and the odd few won't.

Don't let this bother you, keep going and when your canvassing for work look for the difficult traditional houses and leaded houses.

I changed all our vehicles to WFP and now we are just about to purchase another vehicle to keep up with demand.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 09:21:06 am »
I promise you that after the first week you will be thinking "I wish I had never started this" after that things start to settle down and it is worth making the change.

Consider seriously changing over piecemeal rather than going 100% on day one.

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 09:54:45 am »
thanks tervor very good points,
I was thinking along the same lines (picking houses yoy wouldn't want to do of ladder.(I like your website looks great my old man suggested registering at local police station; to get i.d showing I haven't got form ;D

thanks vince i hear what your saying not heard that phrase before (piecemeal) but i never did do well at school ;)
was thinking i'l see how it's on 1st day wfp might do 1/2 then 1/2 trad first week got to earn the money after all august time hopefilly not too hot and days still light enough etc.
cheers lee

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 10:08:42 am »
From my experience writing a letter to customers about WFP can cause more problems than its worth.

When I first went over to WFP I wrote a letter and handed it out on my first week WFP... Because I handed the letter out a lot of the customers felt a bit un-easy about it because they viewed it as a big change, and perhaps they didn't understand the concept of what WFP was.

After that I decided not to hand anymore letters out... I now just go and clean peoples windows WFP, at the end of the day most of them just want their windows cleaned and aren't really bothered how you do it.

If someone queries WFP, I just say "I purify the water at home, its a lot safer than going up and down ladders, and because it's pure water it won't leave any spots, if you're not happy with results within 24 hours then give me a call and I'll come back to have a look"... Doing it this way I've never had any complaints.

Andy