This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Losing my rag with van insurance !
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 09:15:13 pm »
Crikey Rich, just insure via Gladiator. Why don't you tell them how much meat is left on your brake pads while you're at it!! ;D some people deserve extortionate premiums!!
Comfortably Numb!

pikeman

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »
Surely wereally covered if van hasn't been modified in any way. If you carry an ornamental pond from the garben centre it doesn't have to be prefssionly fitted.

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 09:24:18 pm »
Crikey Rich, just insure via Gladiator. Why don't you tell them how much meat is left on your brake pads while you're at it!! ;D some people deserve extortionate premiums!!
I dont get what you mean mate , laymans terms please  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 09:25:49 pm »
Go compare has a box that you tick for modifications, you then go to accessories where you can declare a water tank, this is what I did and I got insured with More Th>n business and there was no additional charge for the water tank.

DaveG

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 09:27:08 pm »
This year I've gone with Alexander Swann .  £360 fully comp with diy fitted 650l tank bolted in. All there in black and white on policy doc's.
You can't polish a turd

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 09:31:46 pm »
Im not overly bothered by the prices quoted , i was happy to pay £550 to the AA as the tank was listed on the policy , what is getting my goat is the fact that some blagger in a call centre is possibly going to be the cause of me losing out on 5K if the worst happens , i cant afford to get stuffed up like that .

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 09:35:59 pm »
This year I've gone with Alexander Swann .  £360 fully comp with diy fitted 650l tank bolted in. All there in black and white on policy doc's.
See now that is great , i was under the impression that they were way overpriced , which does not seem to be the case for you

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 09:38:04 pm »
He is seventy years old mind!

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 09:39:53 pm »

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 09:47:29 pm »
Go compare has a box that you tick for modifications, you then go to accessories where you can declare a water tank, this is what I did and I got insured with More Th>n business and there was no additional charge for the water tank.
I too saw the mod addition , but no water tank option was there ?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2017, 09:51:43 pm »
You then click on accessories and that brings up lots of boxes, one of them being water tank ;)

EandM

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2017, 10:07:15 pm »
I'm with Gladiator again this year as you discuss what sort of cover you want, tell them about the tank in the back of the pick up and they then give a list of prices with companies who'll provide cover. Starting with the cheapest they then checked with the individual companies to see if they'll cover the tank., if not they move on to the next one. £168 this year Fully Comp.

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2017, 10:21:00 pm »
oops , just looked again and found it , didnt see it yesterday , only came back with 4 results , more than being one of them at £308 , which is great , does it get listed on your policy do you know , and is your tank proffesionaly fitted ?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2017, 10:28:27 pm »
oops , just looked again and found it , didnt see it yesterday , only came back with 4 results , more than being one of them at £308 , which is great , does it get listed on your policy do you know , and is your tank proffesionaly fitted ?
Yes it's on my policy as a modification, my tank was bolted in at a local garage.

DaveG

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 07:00:02 am »
He is seventy years old mind!

;D tw@t
You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 07:04:09 am »

When I was looking for quotes, I rang more than and they would only insure me up to 500 litre tank
You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 07:20:23 am »
I wonder if anyone would actually measure a tank in an accident to see if it would hold 150 litres more?

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 11:56:32 am »
Ah ....just read it again and i get your drift now , the thing is im in the mindset that i just as well not bother getting any insurance at all unless its got me thouroughly covered , after all its not just about 5K of metal , it could be a life in the mix too .

I have taken enough steps back lately to have that on my plate too !     

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 12:19:57 pm »
As Judge Rinder would say....

"You should of got it in writing.....STUPID"  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 04:47:33 pm »
A Plan; been with them for years.  They're great, understand WFP and tanks, and will provide a WFP vehicle in the event of an accident. 

I think.  I never read the blurb.

Give 'em a ring for a quote though.