This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Losing my rag with van insurance !
« on: April 16, 2017, 05:48:08 pm »
As above , im getting  proper peed off with it at the mo , just had my renewal in £550 with the AA underwritten by Highway .
So i had a search around and its getting hard these days , loads dont touch tanks , if they do they have to be a pro fit and a certain size , i only have a 350 for gods sake !

So i get on Go Compare and get a result , Admiral underwritten by Gladiator £282 but no ability to add water tank , so i ring Admiral to check it out once the quote has a ref number .
The guy says no problem Gladiator are not fussy about tanks its all good sir (alarm bells in my head) , i then ask him if my policy will be printed with the added water tank on it , he then tells me it wont , but they will have it on record their end , now call me a worrier , but do you think this chap is trying to pull a bit of a crafty move ?

I only ask as i have heard that this is common place with Gladiator themselves , you need to claim and it turns out that you are not actually covered as its not printed on the policy .

Anybody with them or shed any light at all

Thanks Rich   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Losing my rag with van insurance !
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 06:08:08 pm »
Had the same problem with gladiator quote as they refused to put it in writing.  Again just saying it's on there system. So if you do have a problem and need to claim you have no evidence you declared the tank. They then could get away with dennying it.  Never accept a policy without seeing it in writing first.

Try Aplan or aviva.  Avoid comparison sites.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 06:16:58 pm »
just strap tanks down. Don't fix anything

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 06:28:13 pm »
Had the same problem with gladiator quote as they refused to put it in writing.  Again just saying it's on there system. So if you do have a problem and need to claim you have no evidence you declared the tank. They then could get away with dennying it.  Never accept a policy without seeing it in writing first.

Try Aplan or aviva.  Avoid comparison sites.

I tried Aviva and they said it would only get cover if tank was pro fitted !

Don Simon

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 06:30:48 pm »
We with gladiator and told em about 650 tank and no problems !
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 06:32:46 pm »
just strap tanks down. Don't fix anything
My tank is strapped in , does this actually mean that i have to declare it as fitted ?
Seems to be a grey area !

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 06:34:35 pm »
Interesting. Mines pro fitted though.

However surely a strapped in tank is not a modification. No different than strapping a pallet of goods in the back.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »
Do me a favour and look at your policy , is the tank mentioned on it ?
If not then you might not be covered , they appear to be bending the rules for financial gain , i wonder if the onbudsman would find this of interest , if they are then a lot of w/c's are not insured !

Rich

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »
Do you mean, insured through Gladiator and its underwritten by Admiral?

Mate of mine (Frank from this forum) had this last week; rang up Admiral directly and they've insured him, with tank, no problems apparently

On a side note, I'm with Aviva (I have been for 3/4 years) and they've insured me with tank bolted down no problem as well
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 06:44:50 pm »
Interesting. Mines pro fitted though.

However surely a strapped in tank is not a modification. No different than strapping a pallet of goods in the back.
I was thinking exactly that , do plasterers get screwed the same if on a big job that needs 20 bags ?

The other thing , say you use a pf trolley and carry 14 barrels with you , its not technically a tank but is the same volume of water 

mike1986

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 06:48:22 pm »
I'm with adrian flux. Mentioned i had a large tank ratchet strapped in and they said that's fine as it is not a permanent fixture and is classed as carriage of goods. I don't have anything in writing but they claim all calls are recorded so i felt that could be used as evidence if ever needed.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »

Mate of mine (Frank from this forum) had this last week; rang up Admiral directly and they've insured him, with tank, no problems apparently

On a side note, I'm with Aviva (I have been for 3/4 years) and they've insured me with tank bolted down no problem as well
they insure as standard any tank upto and a 650ltrs
if you phone them it then ask as a mod straight away

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »

It was with Admiral as the front man and underwritten by Gladiator .
Was your tank diy fit or pro fit ?

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 06:53:48 pm »
What constitutes pro-fitting when it comes to insurance though?
Are there certain criteria that need to be met?
Do you then get this in writing and are then covered?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 06:56:34 pm »
somthing very wrong here , it just seems to be a case of who you get on the phone.

Does Frank have the number that he called Admiral directly on , as i think i would like to try that to see if what i have been told via go compare contact is correct 

Don Simon

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 07:01:27 pm »
Do me a favour and look at your policy , is the tank mentioned on it ?
If not then you might not be covered , they appear to be bending the rules for financial gain , i wonder if the onbudsman would find this of interest , if they are then a lot of w/c's are not insured !

Rich
Doesn't mention tank in van, but I have the call recorded when he assured me the tank was included.
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 07:02:53 pm »
somthing very wrong here , it just seems to be a case of who you get on the phone.

Does Frank have the number that he called Admiral directly on , as i think i would like to try that to see if what i have been told via go compare contact is correct
just normal number on there site

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 07:03:38 pm »
What constitutes pro-fitting when it comes to insurance though?
Are there certain criteria that need to be met?
Do you then get this in writing and are then covered?
I had major problems when i converted my T4 to a combi , as i had added windows and second row of seats nobody would touch me as the seats were not fitted professionally with paperwork , i had it for the windows but i diy'd the seats in the same manner as the conversion people do , just didnt have the paperwork , the AA was the only company that took me on !

P @ F

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 07:07:33 pm »

just normal number on there site
Thanks Frank , why didnt i think of that  :P

Marc Stock

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 08:28:34 pm »
This is why its best to have a strapped tank. Its not a permanent modification.