Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Well that was a record day!
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »
I turned away sixteen jobs today!
Definitely a record day for me.

sunshine windows

Re: Well that was a record day!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:19 pm »
Sounds like you need to expand Dave.

In all seriousness, why are you turning work away. Why not take it on at a higher rate than some other work and see if they come good
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 05:42:33 pm »
Never mind Dave just look on the bright side as the silly season has only just started so you may smash your record day yet.

Sunshine did you take on that shop enquiry in the town centre today?

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »
I'm 80 jobs not done on Cleaner Planner I'm up to my eyes.

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 06:26:54 pm »
what part of the Uk do you live in

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 06:47:30 pm »
Sounds like Daves doing things right what's the point in taking on someone's rubbish,although if I have a call and I'm not sure where or what it is I will street view it if it allows me to see it before I bin it.

Don Simon

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 07:16:41 pm »
I am turning down so much work ( much of them million pound contracts )   that my pals at the golf club think I am losing my mind !
I parked my bentley  in the disabled section yesterday and left the engine running while practing  my golf swing standing on the roof !     I wnet to the doctors and told him about my family history especially my brother who thinks he is a chicken , , , , , why dont you send him for treatment thr DR asked.   Cant said I need the eggs !I
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
Sounds like you need to expand Dave.

In all seriousness, why are you turning work away. Why not take it on at a higher rate than some other work and see if they come good

Dave likes his £7 bungalows that's why , the thought has probably not even occurred to him to price the jobs better than what he's got and dump the lower priced stuff .

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »
I know I need to expand, just don't wan't to employ. Last year the only time I stopped was Christmas. Never had time for a holiday. Can't see me stopping this year either unless I do something about it.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 09:46:46 pm »
I know I need to expand, just don't wan't to employ. Last year the only time I stopped was Christmas. Never had time for a holiday. Can't see me stopping this year either unless I do something about it.
Put your prices up and lose a load.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:59:10 pm »
Put your prices up and lose a load.
Exactly put existing prices up if people are banging your door down it must be for a reason your either very good at cleaning windows or to cheap,I remember an old window cleaner saying to me years ago if you get every job you quote your to cheap.

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:53 pm »
You've banged on about this for years Dave, put your prices up.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

sunshine windows

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 05:24:52 pm »
Never mind Dave just look on the bright side as the silly season has only just started so you may smash your record day yet.

Just called them back after picking up my messages. Jokers mate, £15 for outside and £30 in & out. Those shop fronts are huge in canal walk
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 05:28:27 pm »
Why not just sell off part of your round Dave?

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 09:34:06 pm »

Just called them back after picking up my messages. Jokers mate, £15 for outside and £30 in & out. Those shop fronts are huge in canal walk

The chap that does most of the shops in town is far to cheap. Not sure what has happened to him though as hasn't done that shop front for a while.

CleanClear

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 10:04:18 pm »
Record day for me for emails off "Bark", infact they seem to have gone manic the last week or so !!! Never replied to them but it gives an idea of how things are going in General with queries i think.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

chris turner

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 10:30:08 pm »
Record day for me for emails off "Bark", infact they seem to have gone manic the last week or so !!! Never replied to them but it gives an idea of how things are going in General with queries i think.

Last week i was receiving 10 emails a day from bark. It's all advertising bull poop trying to get us to sign up. The emails have suddenly stopped now. Strange.