Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: At least some people still have the same view about window cleaning.
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 07:26:52 pm »
No take it from me he's not the head of anything he's probably never got any head either lol,my point was he was saying you must get bored doing what you do unlike me he might believe picking up crap all day long is not boring. He came across like he was looking down on the job like you should get a job like me 8 quid an hour 40hrs a week,yeah rightO go and brush your tooth lol 😂. Any job you do regardless gets boring we all know that it's how it was said if he'd had said it in a general friendly manner it would have been recieved in an inoffensive way you had to be there.

OK I see now what you are saying. Personally I never let comments like that bother me, but that's just me.
Come on, the guys just a numpty and I wouldn't even bother with him.
I'd have challenged him to a 'corn on the cob' eating competition.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 07:46:58 pm »
He could have fancied being a window cleaner and was just sounding you out to see what it's like.

No, he just fancied the window cleaner!

NWH

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 07:51:16 pm »
He could have fancied me yeah I didn't think of that I would 💋,the thing was I just thought how deluded are you with your broom in your hand and your 1 tooth the mind boggles.

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 08:04:38 pm »
I bet he's not on a stacking pallets and tidying the yard forum still going on about it though.
I sense insecurity, NWH.
Let it go. I bet he has.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

KS Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 08:05:28 pm »
Yeah i know that but he was knocking me for cleaning windows lol,my point is he's mocking me saying it's boring when he's sweeping up for peanuts. What I could have said was yeah I clean windows but at the end of the month let's have a count up then lol,he was just 1 of a million numbnuts you bump into now and again.
Sounds to me that you are the one who is mocking him, not the other way about.

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 08:07:48 pm »
An upper class window cleaner whatever next lol
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hhrwl

NWH

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 08:18:38 pm »
No he's not worried about it he probably doesn't have a clue it could have bothered me that's the beauty of being thick,it's like saying something with a smile a grimace or in a sarcastic way,all the same words delivered differently.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 10:39:58 pm »
Window cleaning is profoundly boring. I've only been at it 3 years. How you guys do it for decades I don't understand.

its bliss for me these days and ive been at it 24 years.short days,most weekends off and the best paid job ive ever had.virtually no stress,days off when you want and no idiot work colleagues to put up with.whats not to like?

compared to working 60 hour weeks for crap money when i first left school landscape gardening/working on a plant nursery,window cleaning is a good ,honest straightforward business with minimal hassle and i work half the hours i used to for a lot more money. :)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 11:08:51 pm »
Its amazing peoples different view points on people's comments. Especially when youve been in this game for as long as the majority of us on here have,  weve probably seen it all, heard it all and done it all. So when your with like minded individuals and you share a comment as NWH has done, you'd think most would understand and agree. I do, because lets face it we all know its not always a case of what is said but more how it is said that counts.

But yes, window cleaning can become tedious. But theres sooooo many advantages of our job as Daz has mentioned that makes it great. You can also add to what you offer and spice it up so you get a rest from cleaning glass etc.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »
Its amazing peoples different view points on people's comments. Especially when youve been in this game for as long as the majority of us on here have,  weve probably seen it all, heard it all and done it all. So when your with like minded individuals and you share a comment as NWH has done, you'd think most would understand and agree. I do, because lets face it we all know its not always a case of what is said but more how it is said that counts.

But yes, window cleaning can become tedious. But theres sooooo many advantages of our nob as Daz has mentioned that makes it great. You can also add to what you offer and spice it up so you get a rest from cleaning glass etc.

I agree, having a nob is certainly an advantage.

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 11:38:33 pm »

But yes, window cleaning can become tedious. But theres sooooo many advantages of our nob as Daz has mentioned that makes it great. You can also add to what you offer and spice it up so you get a rest from cleaning glass etc.

I agree, having a nob is certainly an advantage.

😂😂😂😂 oooops, changed it now
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 12:26:42 am »
After 19 years doing this job it is boring at times but keep fooling myself it's the best thing since sliced bread and ignore nasty comments and thoughts and make small talk to be politely and pass the time of day sometimes. Only two motivations in this job, the money potential sometimes and other times the flexibility and freedom of days off  are my two motivations for this job. House paid off so need to push anymore. Time goes quicker being polite and making small talk to anybody passing by so why not  :)

Cookie

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2017, 07:55:40 am »
After having done various jobs I can say that all jobs have their boring parts.

What makes my day when I'm out window cleaning is speaking to people. For some of the old dears on my round the highlight of their day is the window cleaner coming round. Sometimes I leave these jobs to the end of the day and sit with them for half an hour or so over a cuppa. This is what makes the job worthwhile for me...

Let's face it when comes down to it life is not about what possessions you have or what you earn, it's about people ....

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 08:21:22 am »
just being active outside in the fresh air earning money,getting a few brews/biccies(usually!)is good for me.ive always liked cleaning(.my flat,car and van are virtually always clean and tidy.) ;D

the best thing some of you guys should do is take a good look around at other peoples jobs,yes theres lots of better jobs but a hell of a lot worse too!

i organise my work with military precision.schedules, routines,chasing payments etc.in fact im usually always over organised!which for me is good.i enjoy my work more then.

when the weathers bad i see it a challenge to see if i can keep to my schedule.of course i have to re arrange sometimes but thats just the nature of the job.

working in mainly affluent areas with some  stunning views,lots of green fields/countryside etc just makes me realise how lucky i am really. :)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:21 pm »
Read above 8-10 an hour in general terms some would say not a bad job lol,that's your answer there.

8-10 an hour is considered a good job to a lot of people.

Before going full time on the windows I worked part time at halfords.  7 quid an hour.  The assistant manager was on 1400 a month take home. About 9 quid odd an hour I think. Me and all of the other staff there thought that was a lot of money.

Its all about perspective of course but if you have only ever earned 7 quid then 10 quid an hour is going to be a "good job".

Of course when I went full time on the glass I laughed at my old mentality. Just as a high flying banker etc would laugh at your average windy thinking he's got it sorted running around like a ln idiot for 30k a year. Perspective 

NWH

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 01:39:52 pm »
I see what your saying but I could not survive on that say 280 a week take home just couldn't live on it down south,forget the fact it's 8-10 quid an hour and that it might be above average in real terms it's a little amount of money to live on each week. If 2 people shared a flat or house and took home 2k a month between them after council tax and rent they'd still struggle down here.

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
I see what your saying but I could not survive on that say 280 a week take home just couldn't live on it down south,forget the fact it's 8-10 quid an hour and that it might be above average in real terms it's a little amount of money to live on each week. If 2 people shared a flat or house and took home 2k a month between them after council tax and rent they'd still struggle down here.

Yes it all 'depends" doesn't it.

10 quid an hour is about 1400 or so take home a month.

If two people were earning that and had no kids and rented a 2 bed terraced round here that would be about 450 a month rent plus 100 council tax and then all the usual on top Inc food etc. You can see how you could live relatively comfy on that where I am. Of course not rich but not scraping by either.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 04:32:48 pm »
Average rent south of London in the region of 850-1000 for anything worth looking at,add in council tax bills and food and your struggling that doesn't include running a vehicle and having something of a life though. See what I mean when I say I can't believe people are cleaning windows in some cases for 5-10£ for houses,down here it would be like pushing trifle up hill with a fork.

Og

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 07:04:25 pm »
The money doesn't make any difference. Window cleaning is still boring.

paul alan

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »
7 years in and Im still enjoying it!

If i woke up 1 morning and felt the dread I used to feel working for others in the past Im sure I would just move on.

I see my round, my setup, my image as my creation and Im still moulding and shaping it into my ideal.

I suppose those who are bored must of reached their pinnacle already and see no more room for improvement.

I like the freedom, the welsh coast! I spent so much time working in factorys looking through the shutters hoping the suns still out when I am allowed to go home.

Its one of the most basic of human desires, to be free! This way of life gives the most freedom one can hope for. I doubt I could ever be told when to get up, when to eat, when to go home, when to poop, on which days again!