Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Had a bloke at a job today that stacks pallets and Tidys up the factory say to me don't you ever get bored cleaning Windows,I said I'm my own boss I can do as I please blah blah from week to week. The cheeky git lol I walked off nodding my head thinking this and 1 more job I've done your weeks wages lol.

Smurf

Best to just tell em "Yes it's very boring but one day I hope to get a proper job."

NWH

He only had 1 tooth in his head which says it all really,hardly end of the rainbow stuff sweeping up I should have said but what's the point I just smiled with all my teeth and jogged on lol 😬

Smurf

At least that chap has a real job and not sat at home on his arse like many on the dole.

NWH

Yeah i know that but he was knocking me for cleaning windows lol,my point is he's mocking me saying it's boring when he's sweeping up for peanuts. What I could have said was yeah I clean windows but at the end of the month let's have a count up then lol,he was just 1 of a million numbnuts you bump into now and again.

֍Winp®oClean֍

He was probably bored senseless and just making a bit of small talk to pass the time. I think you are a bigger twonk than him for reading anything other than that into it! ::)roll
Comfortably Numb!

Smurf

Indeed the chap was probably trying to be friendly. lol

robbo333

He could have fancied being a window cleaner and was just sounding you out to see what it's like.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

I love how peoples comments on these thread change with the tide  ;D ;D

Either way, if we just got a pound for everytime someone says these tyoes of comments to us, we could retire even earlier lol.

I have a customer on a street nicknamed snobs hill. She often talks about the couple  of really nice cruise ships shes been on whilst at same time saying she understands that i might not get to do so until im a good old age being a window cleaner. Lol i laugh to myself and think the highest price increase is coming your way love..... ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

No he was having a bit of a dig he wasn't making conversation he was saying I being a "TWONK" the new in word aparantly window cleaner must get bored as I'm only cleaning Windows like it's more boring than seeeping up poope for a living for monkey nuts an hour.

Smurf

Re: At least some people still have the same view about window cleaning.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 05:48:04 pm »
Nathan you could have said something like " That sounds lovely. I wish I could afford to treat my missus to a cruse. Oh by the way love due to me struggling to put food on the table and make ends meet sorry to say your next clean is going up by x amount. lol

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 05:52:48 pm »
Or you could have said I'd be jealous if you'd said I've just got back from Bora Bora lol,floating hotel with a broom cuboard for a room or Butlins at sea no thanks oh and by the way I'll want another 5ver next time lol 😂

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 06:17:45 pm »
You could've  compared brushes.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

NWH

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 06:22:07 pm »
😘

Marc Stock

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »
No he was having a bit of a dig he wasn't making conversation he was saying I being a "TWONK" the new in word aparantly window cleaner must get bored as I'm only cleaning Windows like it's more boring than seeeping up poope for a living for monkey nuts an hour.

Sorry but I don't get the point of your thread, window cleaning IS boring, just like any job can get boring. That's the reason why we do it for a living, it's got nothing to do with the money you earn. You can be a bad window cleaner and not earn much, and a good window cleaner and earn a decent living, but in all tense and purpose; when you do ANY for long enough it gets boring. I find window cleaning eceedingly boring and twice over the 14 years I have been in the game I have thought about packing it in due to the boredom of it.

I just haven't  because I am good at it and can make a good living from it.

But yes I'd agree....window cleaning is VERY BORING.

Plus you are assuming he is a swepeer on low pay. He might be the director of his facilities management company,  I know many directors of their companies do some hands on stuff now and then it shows good leadership. And helps management understand what's needed on the front line.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »
No take it from me he's not the head of anything he's probably never got any head either lol,my point was he was saying you must get bored doing what you do unlike me he might believe picking up crap all day long is not boring. He came across like he was looking down on the job like you should get a job like me 8 quid an hour 40hrs a week,yeah rightO go and brush your tooth lol 😂. Any job you do regardless gets boring we all know that it's how it was said if he'd had said it in a general friendly manner it would have been recieved in an inoffensive way you had to be there.

Marc Stock

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:50 pm »
No take it from me he's not the head of anything he's probably never got any head either lol,my point was he was saying you must get bored doing what you do unlike me he might believe picking up crap all day long is not boring. He came across like he was looking down on the job like you should get a job like me 8 quid an hour 40hrs a week,yeah rightO go and brush your tooth lol 😂. Any job you do regardless gets boring we all know that it's how it was said if he'd had said it in a general friendly manner it would have been recieved in an inoffensive way you had to be there.

OK now your just being toothist.

Og

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 06:53:01 pm »
Window cleaning is profoundly boring. I've only been at it 3 years. How you guys do it for decades I don't understand.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 06:55:28 pm »
Read above 8-10 an hour in general terms some would say not a bad job lol,that's your answer there.

Dry Clean

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 07:20:33 pm »
Next time smack him over the head with your handbag, just be careful not to knock his tooth out.