Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

i wasnt professional or was i.....lol
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:51:43 am »

So i was cleaning the house next to this one. But as you can see, not all the hose got pulled into the neighbours garden and so some crossed the empty drive of the neighbour. However when is had finished the neighbour had returned.
So you may argue it was my fault for hose crossing the drive and i feel the same. Hence you could argue not being professional (as for some reason you guys think i harp on about professional), but my response was.......rather than puncturing the tyre and tugging the hose out, i politely  asked the owner to move the car.
They came out and moved car and even apologised as they needed to get into their own drive and i apologised that they didnt feel the need to just check if they cleared the hose. In addition to apologising that they then needed to waste fuel just to turn engine on to move car a fraction too allow hose to come away from one tyre.   ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

PHILIP HARDY

Re: i wasnt professional or was i.....lol
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:55:37 am »
Why did you not disconnect the pole and wind it in as normal?
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 11:07:56 am »

Because they peeved me off thats why lol.
So it made me feel better them wasting a little fuel to move their car inches
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 02:28:58 pm »

Ridiculous.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 03:43:56 pm »
I always make sure the hose isn't going across any neighbours paths/driveways or gardens if they aren't my custard.

tlwcs

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 03:53:54 pm »
I always make sure the hose isn't going across any neighbours paths/driveways or gardens if they aren't my custard.
Me too.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:35:56 pm »
Good hose management springs to mind and that is defo not the case here.
If that was me I would have made sure I parked at least one wheel on your hose. Also not answered the door when you knocked you cheeky bugger. lol

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 05:05:24 pm »

You dragged your hose across their driveway, and they'd peeved you off...?

I'm not sure what you hoped to acheive in posting this, (maybe looking for people to say how great you are for 'teaching them a lesson?') but you've come across to me as a bit of a twonk
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 05:35:49 pm »
Lol its a bit like having to park your van obstructing someone from getting back into their drive. Now its not the politist of things to do, however legally its ok. Bet half of you guys would disconnect your hoses and graciously move your van half a meter to allow them in. Sometimes these things have to be done that way.

But at the moment there seems to be very little of anything new being posted and so thought start a thread n get some debates going. Or we can get back to talking about solar panal cleaning  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 05:48:43 pm »
I think you're a 'very naughty boy' for running your hose so unprofessionally.
But well done for keeping the 'threads' coming.
So this solar panel cleaning...is there any money in it! lol  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Marc Stock

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 06:44:21 pm »
Personally Nathan I think the colour of your hose is offensive. That's what it's really about.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 08:20:07 pm »

Very professional!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 09:54:26 pm »
i would of just disconnected the hose as well and wound the hose in under the car.

i try not to run my hose on driveways as such whether its  one of my customers or not as very often they come home when im round the back and park on the hose! ;D

it happens though from time to time but i dont kick up a fuss about it and i certainly wouldnt knock on a non customers door to get them to move their car if i could just thread it underneath. ::)roll ;D

on the subject of parking over a customers driveway(or anybodys elses for that matter).you just dont do it.i dont anyway and most normal sane people wouldnt. :)
price higher/work harder!

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »
Not everyone is sane Dazmond.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 10:56:41 pm »
There are some situations where at times you have a choice; park a good distance away from where you need to be and drag out 100m of hose. Keeping close to the curb so no idiots park on it. Or get the trolley out and then theres the choice of parking infront of a drive with no car on drive. For the inconvenience of perhaps 10 - 20 mins whilst you are working that an individual can not park on their own drive. Yes majority of times you try to avoid those situations but at times it cannot be helped. But i suppose some are too accommondating.

However i have parked, blocking a non customers drive which still had a car on the drive and have done so many a times.
On these occasions i have knocked on the doors as well and enquired if i was ok to park there for x amount of time whilst i cleaned neighbours windows. This went down a treat with neighbours.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 12:15:46 am »
Golden rule: simply treat others (even non-custys) the same way you would like them to treat you.

Now that is being professional.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 08:10:51 am »
Handled well you may have gained a new customer.
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 08:12:46 am »
Handled well you may have gained a new customer.

Nah her house is up for sale
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 09:00:34 am »
There are some situations where at times you have a choice; park a good distance away from where you need to be and drag out 100m of hose. Keeping close to the curb so no idiots park on it. Or get the trolley out and then theres the choice of parking infront of a drive with no car on drive. For the inconvenience of perhaps 10 - 20 mins whilst you are working that an individual can not park on their own drive. Yes majority of times you try to avoid those situations but at times it cannot be helped. But i suppose some are too accommondating.

However i have parked, blocking a non customers drive which still had a car on the drive and have done so many a times.
On these occasions i have knocked on the doors as well and enquired if i was ok to park there for x amount of time whilst i cleaned neighbours windows. This went down a treat with neighbours.

parking must be tight where you work.ive never had to do that in 7 years wfp!lots of people are out at work when im cleaning on weekdays so not as many cars about.if on the odd occasion it is bad(usually saturday working or lots of workmen/vans around)i get my backpack out and park further away or simply reel out another 30-40m of hose.
price higher/work harder!

Matt.

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 11:11:20 am »
I thought by looking at the pic, the neighbour had taken extreme care as to not park on the hose so it was easy enough to just feed though under the car.

If something like that could upset u try cleaning the menu boards/metal panels down the drive thru lane on a fast food restaurant that's open 24 hrs ......