Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Re: Work pouring in!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 09:29:38 pm »
Just a quick question for chaps that so say they are full - Can't/don't want to take on anymore jobs.

Do you chaps that turn away work because you are so say too busy ever look at dropping the more hassle/lesser paid jobs and replace them with less hassle/better value work?

Problem is its a risk. You could drop lower paid work for higher prices but you dony know how relaible new payers are going to be

Agreed.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 08:07:58 am »
If peeps are so stacked out with work how about looking at the frequency too?
For instance moving domestic custards from 4 weekly (monthly) to 8 weekly (bi-monthly) and charge more.

yep this is what ive done lately with some new customers.
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 08:15:19 am »
For instance moving domestic custards from 4 weekly (monthly) to 8 weekly (bi-monthly) and charge more.

It's the pricing I struggle with on 8 weekly or 12 weekly as all my work is once a month .
I did get one that was £15 a month , he said he wants to change to 12 weekly. I said it's £15 once a month , £22.50 8 weekly and £30 every 3 months . He's gone for the £30 but whether that's right or not iv no idea  ???

p1w1

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2017, 08:31:06 am »

It's the pricing I struggle with on 8 weekly or 12 weekly as all my work is once a month .
I did get one that was £15 a month , he said he wants to change to 12 weekly. I said it's £15 once a month , £22.50 8 weekly and £30 every 3 months . He's gone for the £30 but whether that's right or not iv no idea  ???
If your happy with it then its right.

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2017, 08:33:32 am »

if its on my compact run of the mill work then its either 4 or 8 weekly(not 12 weekly unless its a larger stand alone).

theres no right or wrong mate!

charge what you like its your business! :)

Marc Stock

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 08:50:42 am »
You know what...the reason why window cleaning is getting so competitive is becouse we seem to keep posting our prices on forums like this.

Shrek

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2017, 09:34:49 am »
You know what...the reason why window cleaning is getting so competitive is becouse we seem to keep posting our prices on forums like this.

I doubt it's down to ciu , it's on a lot of people's websites including mine . It's not a secret

Tosh

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2017, 09:39:20 am »
People only need to ask their neighbour how much window cleaning is, its not a national secret.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2017, 11:24:37 am »

Only those with seemingly something to prove!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »
I don't believe having monthly work is better just my opinion,ok it may mean if you do 2 and 3 monthly work you'll need 2-3 times the work but it is far easier to organise and you can price higher due to not being on there doorstep what seems like every other week in there mind. When I turn up on a 2-3 monthly job you can really see the difference when you've finished cleaning them over a monthly clean,I've done lots of monthly stuff in years gone by and I've always felt rushed to get round to doing them a month just flys by in this job,much more profitable to say it'll be 40 every 2-3 months rather than run your arse off for 25 on the same job,in my experience people don't mind paying more for longer gaps between cleans and lets be honest do they get much dirtier,not really me thinks in the grand scheme of things it's not like they've not been touched for 3-4 years.

Tosh

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2017, 04:14:42 pm »
When I turn up on a 2-3 monthly job you can really see the difference when you've finished cleaning them

in my experience people don't mind paying more for longer gaps between cleans and lets be honest do they get much dirtier

Well, thats a contradiction isn’t it?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

NWH

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2017, 04:30:12 pm »
I'm sure a clever bloke like you can see what I mean instead of just making digs about that post,you'll earn more using longer gaps between cleans over the years I've proved you can. So many people chasing
Round like maniacs to do there monthly cleans,if you know what your doing you should be able to plod do far less jobs and earn more money week in week out. I don't know who initially came up with the idea that window cleaning is monthly it's ridiculous,the reason it's branded in a window cleaners brain is because years ago it was far far easier to get a months work finish at 12-30 and then go and pick the kids up from school without getting behind with there work lol,you can say to a customer you would prefer to clean it monthly but in reality big domestics don't want monthly they prefer 6 weekly minimum.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2017, 04:40:09 pm »
Commercial weekly monthly,estate work ie council houses or a mass of terrace houses in 1 pop ie park  the van up knock out 10-20 houses for £5-£10 monthly,larger houses 6-8 cleans a year will earn you more for less running about like an idiot on redbull month in month out without knocking your pipe out.

Smurf

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:43 am »
I don't believe having monthly work is better just my opinion,ok it may mean if you do 2 and 3 monthly work you'll need 2-3 times the work but it is far easier to organise and you can price higher due to not being on there doorstep what seems like every other week in there mind. When I turn up on a 2-3 monthly job you can really see the difference when you've finished cleaning them over a monthly clean,I've done lots of monthly stuff in years gone by and I've always felt rushed to get round to doing them a month just flys by in this job,much more profitable to say it'll be 40 every 2-3 months rather than run your arse off for 25 on the same job,in my experience people don't mind paying more for longer gaps between cleans and lets be honest do they get much dirtier,not really me thinks in the grand scheme of things it's not like they've not been touched for 3-4 years.

I totally agree.

At the end of the day It's all about what custards actually want.  Meaning not being forced into a frequency they do not really want by what I call  the take it or leave it 4 weekly brigade.

Then these types wonder why and moan when peeps may say not this time and/or get dumped. They may also say "No sorry I don't do one-off cleans nor any add-ons because I'm so busy - Meaning if the truth be known I'm running around like a headless chicken and don't have time.

NWH

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:01 pm »
Your not going to get many £50 + jobs on a monthly basis I've learnt over the years so if want that kind of work you need to stretch them out,people happily go for it every couple of months and they may go for
it monthly to start with but it won't last like I say a month seems like 2 weeks to most customers. 25 every month equates to 300 a year 45 every 2 months 270 a year leaving you cleaning it less often = less running like a chicken with its throat cut giving you more time to do better paying work or more time to pick the kids up from school or watch the lunchtime news. 😂

Smurf

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2017, 01:00:56 pm »
To be honest window cleaning does my head in. lol

That is why I chose from the get go not to build a large monthly window cleaning round. Also more importantly would not allow me to concentrate on more profitable work for less effort and time.

NWH

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2017, 01:19:42 pm »
I agree but you don't need to have 1 tooth to register that better paying work = more money,you'll struggle to get big prices on houses every month. Some might say yeah but what about if you park up and do 20 terrace houses in a row in the same time,I say no thanks you are still running like a red bull junkie to get it all done every month,far easier to get the = amount from 1-2 jobs with no collecting issues and dropping umpteen tickets saying you've called.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2017, 07:13:27 pm »
i like a mixture of all sorts of work.4 weekly is good,so is 6 weekly,8 weekly,12 weekly,26 weekly(yes!twice a year) ;).

all work has its pros and cons.you d be surprised  how many of my customers want 4 weekly.a quick splash and dash every month.lots of work is near farmers fields so any windy days during the month the windows do get dirty esp during dry spells or stormy spells of wet weather.this is ok for lower priced very compact estate work.

increasingly though ive been taking on more and more larger domestics at better prices on 6 and 8 weekly frequencies for the last 7 years or so.even a large church twice a year! ;D

most new work is on longer frequencies and better prices and i can see this continuing in the future.

NWH

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2017, 07:52:06 pm »
Best way to go I always say I dont do 1 offs and I can't and won't do monthly cleans,minimum is 6 weeks and tbh I struggle to do jobs every 6 weeks because of time issues I hate having to rush round. If I took a monthly on it would have to be a pre 7am kind of job that was hassle free with peace and quiet.