This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Work pouring in!
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:52:21 am »
The phone has been red hot this week with enquires - just can't take them on!
A local company has just whacked their prices up by at least twenty percent, they have two or three vans so I'm guessing they are well into the vat bracket and passing the tax on. no loyalty, they just won't pay that much.

dazmond

Re: Work pouring in!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:34 am »
cant you pass enquires on to another window cleaner if your not going to take them on dave?surely you must know a good reliable window cleaner who your friendly with?(who wont rip them off!)
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:31:43 am »
Nope, he's full too (and probably getting the same calls).

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 08:44:12 am »
I had the same a few years back when one of the big concerns had just pushed the price too far, it wasn't that they didn't
want to pay it they just didn't think his service and quality were worth the extra cost.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:03:54 am »
How can a company add 20% then a pay rise of say 5%,I know a firm who has done this all I can say he must want to lose work. My opinion is to go VAT you need to do if the majority of your customers are commercial,domestics won't stand for it going by what I've heard even in affluent areas

Tony dunmall

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:04:51 am »
Just would be nice if they put the vat bracket up on labour only types of work which deal with domestic clientele

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 11:37:34 am »
Iv just put some underpriced work up £10 jobs to £12 . I got 1 reply saying 'no problem with the increase, you do a good job' .
Still it's a bit scary when they txt you back , but I can't be arsed with £10 jobs anymore so I was gonna drop them anyway if I hadn't put the price up

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 03:09:41 pm »
Suppose you have to swallow the vat if domestic and just pay your workers less and make them get thru more work

koopmaster

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 03:43:33 pm »
Same here, had about 6 calls last week... all 2 minutes out my range so I said NO...  far too busy anyway...

Marc Stock

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 05:33:22 pm »
I have picked up a few this month too. Must be the sunshine.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 06:04:51 pm »
I’ve lost a couple in the last 3 days, someone must be canvassing round here.

Anyway, not to worry, I picked up a new regular residential clean in London this morning thats worth £3K year.

I was thinking of Chumpbucket when that one came in.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

chris turner

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 06:47:38 pm »
Can you clean my conservatory roof please?
Can you clean my fascias please?
Can you do the insides as well please?

Sometimes i hate texting the night before, this is all iv had for the last couple of weeks.
Does my nut in when you've planned your work for the next day then customers want extras at short notice.
Just can't keep up at the mo.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 07:16:28 pm »

Sometimes i hate texting the night before, this is all iv had for the last couple of weeks.
Does my nut in when you've planned your work for the next day then customers want extras at short notice.

if any of my customers want add on jobs they dont get done immediately.i book them in for their next clean usually(unless i have the time which is rare).never had a problem.customers understand i cant just fit in extras at short notice.i have a schedule to keep to.

who runs your business?you or the customer?try it next time.you dont have to clean them straight away mate! :)

then it gives you chance to have a good look at what work they want cleaned,price up and book them in next clean. ;)
price higher/work harder!

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 08:27:22 pm »

if any of my customers want add on jobs they dont get done immediately.i book them in for their next clean usually(unless i have the time which is rare).never had a problem.customers understand i cant just fit in extras at short notice.i have a schedule to keep to.

who runs your business?you or the customer?try it next time.you dont have to clean them straight away mate! :)

then it gives you chance to have a good look at what work they want cleaned,price up and book them in next clean. ;)

Whether i do them the next day or next time they are due is negligible. The amount of work for that day will be the same each time so i still need to find the time to fit them in.
It's the amount of it coming in that's difficult to keep up with.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 08:53:05 pm »

Whether i do them the next day or next time they are due is negligible. The amount of work for that day will be the same each time so i still need to find the time to fit them in.
It's the amount of it coming in that's difficult to keep up with.

Not really if you don't book more than one add on in for any one day then you should have time to fit it in. Start a bit earlier or finish later that day. Or just say no, if you've already done enough work that day why mess about for a bit extra if you don't really need it.

JandS

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 10:47:06 pm »
Some of the replies on here make me laugh....everybody mown out with work and turning it down

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Don Simon

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
Nice problem to have, you can quote high when you dont need the work.
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

8weekly

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 08:52:09 am »
Some of the replies on here make me laugh....everybody mown out with work and turning it down
How long have you been going? I would say if you're not in that position after 3/4 years you should get a job instead. Before I took someone on I had way more than I could manage. I was three weeks behind when my first staff member started.

jk999

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 09:33:25 am »
I have been going 30 years I never turn anything down sometimes I get a bit fed up of cleaning the glass only I would prefer add ones. I would rather do two or three cons or facias a day than glass can't be bothered with all the collecting

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 10:15:16 am »
I have been going 30 years I never turn anything down sometimes I get a bit fed up of cleaning the glass only I would prefer add ones. I would rather do two or three cons or facias a day than glass can't be bothered with all the collecting

Don't collect then and switch it to all omline.. Problem solved