Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

IanP

Best carpet cleaning courses?
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:39:00 pm »
Hey all,

Looking for some training and wanting some opinions on courses, seems to be a few around with varying prices and locations.

I'm based in the north east so would ideally like something localish, can travel and overnight stay if required but a little hassle being the only driver in a family of 4 with 2 little ones.

Any feedback, reviews, experience?

Ideally something not ran by any of the equipment/chemical providers as I'm looking for impartial training, rather than a glorified sales pitch.

Thanks all.

scott johns

Re: Best carpet cleaning courses?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
hi when I first started many moons ago there wasn't much choice I live in the south and had to travel up to Newcastle to do my first training and it was great and worth the time spent.
I now even though be cleaning for quite a while still attend courses as you will always learn something.
ive tried many different places and I an honestly say you wont find a better company to train with than alltec network I am on 5th april attending advance stain removal at alltec in Cambridge if all you require is training that is what you will get they do not pressure sale any way hope this helps you a bit and buy
the way they recommend places to stay and I have been to quite a few of them and always found accomedation  superb good luck

IanP

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:16:58 pm »
It appears to be the opposite now! Haha.
I can't seem to find any in the north east what so ever, everything appears to be down south!

I will keep looking for a little while and see if anything pops up, if not I will just have to take the plunge.

Thanks for the advice.

wayne zabel

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 04:29:40 pm »
NCCA and Cleansmart  in the Midlands.

I'm sure Andrew Briscoe does one at Cleanspec in Cumbria.I think that Jamie Pearson does one in Scotland at Cleaning Systems UK.

I don't think the latter run their courses as often as the others though

Restoremate are near you and John Kelly who owns it might be able to offer some advice

scott johns

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 04:35:37 pm »
try woolsafe they are in Yorkshire I have just joined them this year they do they do there own courses
to become a member. if you want to stand out as  a professional like you say which is always good to hear
buy joining you will have much better results and getting higher job tickets they the fb crew steve is the guy to talk to all the best buddie

IanP

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 04:41:36 pm »
Thanks guys,

Just googled and bookmarked a few of those for further inspection, when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Norbert

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 04:51:01 pm »
Hi Ian,
Like Scott says I can thoroughly recommend all the carpet, upholstery and advanced spot and stain training at Alltec.  The trainer Paul Pearce is a true cleaning professional and excellent tutor, who I can thoroughly recommend. I have attended Paul's IICRC training at Alltec in Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery cleaning and Commercial Carpet maintenance, in 2016.

And this year I have attended the Hands on carpet cleaning training, the Hands on Upholstery cleaning training and the Advanced Spot and Stain removal training days, all at Alltec.  Everyone from Alltec are extremely helpful and friendly and the lunches are superb. There is no pressure put on anyone there to buy any equipment or chemicals from them either, while you are doing the training. However, I will say their equipment and cleaning solutions are superb, and Chris, Kerry and Karra, are all available to speak to and answer any questions you may have concerning equipment and cleaning solutions. www.alltec.co.uk.

If you do decide to travel down to Alltec, I can recommend staying at the local Travelodge at Fourwentways as a good value hotel. www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/19/Cambridge-Fourwentways-hotel.

I can also recommend the carpet and upholstery training offered by the NCCA, which takes place up in Leicester, again the training is undertaking by Paul and Pawlo Woloszyn. Again the level of teaching and training is first class, and there is no pushing or promoting of one particular make of cleaning machine or solution manufacture. www.ncca.co.uk.
Good luck with your training Ian.  Phil P.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 04:53:25 pm »
The nearest to you is restormate - book there.
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

tim handley

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 05:23:23 pm »
If you dont want to travel far definately look at restormate, also  cleanspec in cumbria.  You wont go far wrong there..........
Plenty further down south,   cleansmart, alltec, solutions in cornwall if you want a mini holiday!!
All good, all run by good people, just a case of how far you want to go.............

John Kelly

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 10:14:29 am »
If it's its a basic course you want the Altec and Cleansmart run regular courses which are really good. We have no basic courses booked at the minute. We do have a course on cleaning the new fabrics that are prevalent in the market. This is on 27th June at Moorfarm Cramlington. 8 places left only.

If you are just starting out pop up for a chat and I could even arrange a basic half days training free of charge.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 11:55:24 am »
Snap Professor Kellys hand off! That's a great one to one offer
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

tim handley

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 03:01:04 pm »
an offer you simply cannot refuse............      and dont forget its not about just doing one course, traing is ongoing, the more courses you do the better.....

IanP

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 05:28:04 pm »
If it's its a basic course you want the Altec and Cleansmart run regular courses which are really good. We have no basic courses booked at the minute. We do have a course on cleaning the new fabrics that are prevalent in the market. This is on 27th June at Moorfarm Cramlington. 8 places left only.

If you are just starting out pop up for a chat and I could even arrange a basic half days training free of charge.

That's a very generous offer, thank you!
When would be best to pop in for a chat?

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, been trying to pop in and reply all day but dad duty calls while the other half is at work haha.

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:07:36 am »
We are open from 8.30 till 4.30 Monday to Thirsday and 8.30 till 3 on Fridays. Best time is before 12 or after 3 as its pretty manic between these times.

IanP

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 10:24:00 am »
We are open from 8.30 till 4.30 Monday to Thirsday and 8.30 till 3 on Fridays. Best time is before 12 or after 3 as its pretty manic between these times.

Awesome, thank you. I will check which days my partner is working next week (She gets her shifts on Sundays) and then pop down. Thanks again.

IanP

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 09:44:34 am »

Hey John,

Not sure you will read this today, but just in case you do. I will be popping down after 3 today.

Thanks again.