Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

If you had a full time marketing employee!
« on: March 22, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »
I'm thinking of employing someone to work on marketing 5 days a week. Maybe just 4 hours per day for now and I have some ideas on what they could do with that time. My question is ..... What would you have your dedicated marketing employee do to get more work in. As I said I have some ideas myself but I'm just looking to pinch some of yours  ;D

I'm pretty happy with the domestic work coming in so the position would mainly be targeting commercial carpet, upholstery and hard floor cleaning.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

IanP

Re: If you had a full time marketing employee!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:14:05 pm »
Researching new companies moving to the area maybe buying an old office which might need a clean.

Contact building:
Universities.
Halls of residence.
Care homes.
Schools and so on.

Social Media:
Posting to your facebook page, deals, offers, availability, images videos.
Finding facebook groups, joining and posting an ad.
Gumtree
Shpock

Website Content:
Adding blog posts to your site, creating keyword rich articles to improve your ranking.

Listings:
Finding paid advertising options.
Coupon books.
Shop windows.
Flyers/leaflets.

There's sooo much you could do with someone full time in promotion.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:39:26 pm »
There are a few ideas I'd not thought about there Ian  :)
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

IanP

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 03:41:11 pm »
There are a few ideas I'd not thought about there Ian  :)

Good stuff, glad the newbie can be of some help :D

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »
Learning & mastering Adwords........

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 09:06:40 am »
I think in this business, outsourcing functions and the gig economy works best, a marketing person will cost 700-1000 a month part time, which means 3000 min extra revenue every month just to stand still.

Outsourced on an as and when basis, you get self motivated people who will want to please you in order to get their next job,

telesales

mailshot to existing customers

adwords

are all good jobs which can be subbed out.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 08:01:47 am »
4 hours a day 5 days a week is 20hrs if you pay them £10 a hour ( which is very, very cheap for a experienced marketing person) then you want to invest £200 a week bringing in additional work.

I would ask myself what else can I spend that money that will  bring  in work that would not entail the added stress of employing an individual.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 10:15:03 pm »
4 hours a day 5 days a week is 20hrs if you pay them £10 a hour ( which is very, very cheap for a experienced marketing person) then you want to invest £200 a week bringing in additional work.

I would ask myself what else can I spend that money that will  bring  in work that would not entail the added stress of employing an individual.

Plus holidays, over 193 a week pensions, desk space, phone, heat stationery employers ni £10 is more like £15
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 07:51:59 am »

Plus holidays, over 193 a week pensions, desk space, phone, heat stationery employers ni £10 is more like £15

Exactly.  But what I think is an interesting theory is how people are willing to spend money  on marketing but not spend it to themselves, unless you are working 40hrs a week then you have the time to pay yourself to do marketing. Especially in the beginning,  if you are short of money (because of lack of work) then give yourself a job paying £15 an hour........work 20 hrs a a week and you have an extra £300 coming in each week ;D

Of course this is not 'real' income but having this mindset can be very helpful
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk