This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: How Would You Handle My Growth?
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2017, 08:32:27 pm »
Steve - I asked when this was.
It's a game of three halves!

Solar Steve

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2017, 08:43:36 pm »
Someone might like it that hasn't got a job. So well done Steve for making work even if it's not for anyone. Just wonder why they waste so much energy shooting you down.
It's got nothing to do with them
Unless forwhat I read you are a fly man, have you ripped anyone off on here or something?
Hi Miko67. I have created 9 jobs in the last 2 years due to this business, 5 office-based and 4 more on tools. I dare say that none many others on the forum have grown at that rate.

I guess a some people on here are as others have phrased it 'a green eyed monster'.

For the record, I've not ripped anyone off.

Why do they put so much energy shooting me down? Good question. If they spent as much time working on their business as they do belittling the efforts of others on this forum, they would have amazing businesses and they too would be creating jobs.

Solar Steve

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »
Prior to my closing my previous account. You should be able to access this information quite easily. Around a year ago I suppose.

Did you read my other post to its conclusion?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2017, 08:58:11 pm »
yes come on Granvile WHAT DOES NETWORKING MEAN ON CIU   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »
Whens the next subcontractor course, and how much are they Steve?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Solar Steve

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2017, 10:22:40 pm »
Whens the next subcontractor course, and how much are they Steve?
You must think I was born yesterday! 😂😂😂

AuRavelling79

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2017, 10:52:48 pm »
Prior to my closing my previous account. You should be able to access this information quite easily. Around a year ago I suppose.

I have no record of it. Do you?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2017, 11:04:33 pm »

Networking on CIU means to interact as a group of cleaners. I would further say that to network within the spirit of CIU then a person would be looking to help and assist other forum members more so than to take and make gain for themselves.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:11 pm »

Networking on CIU means to interact as a group of cleaners. I would further say that to network within the spirit of CIU then a person would be looking to help and assist other forum members more so than to take and make gain for themselves.

No one is forced to sub contract for SS nor anyone else. Anyone who does so then surely has benefited from the "networking"? It's offering work to other members- again, no one is forced to accept it BUT it could be very beneficial to some who need it/want it. CLEARLY the training course is NOT about the money either- anyone with half a brain can see that.  ::)roll Well, anyone who's not in the "groovy gang"
Comfortably Numb!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:37 pm »
To Steve:

You said "Wikipedia provide a definition: "Networking is a socioeconomic business activity by which businesspeople and entrepreneurs meet to form business relationships and to recognize, create, or act upon business opportunities, share information and seek potential partners for ventures."

Now of course you chose Wikipedia's definition of Business Networking (bold mine) and ignored the several other definitions of networking - one of which was social networking.

You are an articulate man Steve and I believe you chose that definition in support of your argument in the hope that it would be enough to quell any differing view.

It wasn't enough and my answer to Franky's tongue in cheek post should suffice as to why this is so.

You then said: "According to your Google advert, I am invited to 'network', this involves creating business opportunities, which I have done and seek potential partners, which is what  I have done. I am therefore using the forum exactly as CIU invite me to."

You have made your definition of  "network" to become a "business network" definition. So your assertion falls down in this regard too.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
@Peavey

Thank you for your view. So then tell me when e.g. Alex Gardiner sells you a pole or A-Plan sell you insurance have you benefited from their business activities? Are they networking?

Tosh

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2017, 11:33:35 pm »
In your own time Peavey.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2017, 11:49:59 pm »
@Peavey

Thank you for your view. So then tell me when e.g. Alex Gardiner sells you a pole or A-Plan sell you insurance have you benefited from their business activities? Are they networking?

Does CIU stipulate which "version" of wicki's explanation of "networking" it is refering to in it's own adverts?
Comfortably Numb!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2017, 12:28:22 am »
@Peavey

Does CIU stipulate which "version" of wicki's explanation of "networking" it is refering to in it's own adverts?

As it doesn't then Forum Admin can decide how it wishes it to be interpreted can't it?   ::)roll

Solar Steve

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2017, 06:17:55 am »

I have no record of it. Do you?
I don't at the moment as I am in London. When I get back to the office I will certainly look though.

8weekly

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2017, 06:27:25 am »
SS is very clear that he only uses this forum to pick up subbies. He uses it to profit. He therefore is a supplier and should either pay to advertise or lump it. It's clear that most regulars see that in internet terms he's a spammer and spamming is generally not welcome on forums.

Solar Steve

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2017, 06:41:57 am »
To Steve:

You said "Wikipedia provide a definition: "Networking is a socioeconomic business activity by which businesspeople and entrepreneurs meet to form business relationships and to recognize, create, or act upon business opportunities, share information and seek potential partners for ventures."

Now of course you chose Wikipedia's definition of Business Networking (bold mine) and ignored the several other definitions networking - one of which was social networking.

You are an articulate man Steve and I believe you chose that definition in support of your argument in the hope that it would be enough to quell any differing view.

It wasn't enough and my answer to Franky's tongue in cheek post should suffice as to why this is so.

You then said: "According to your Google advert, I am invited to 'network', this involves creating business opportunities, which I have done and seek potential partners, which is what  I have done. I am therefore using the forum exactly as CIU invite me to."

You have made your definition of  "network" to become a "business network" definition. So your assertion falls down in this regard too.
Hi Granville. Firstly, I want to say it's good to eventually get a civilised conversation from someone about this. Thank you.

You are correct that I have chosen 'business networking' as my definition of 'network'. This is because a business network is exactly what CIU proported to be. The following I see no your home page:

"The UK Cleaning forum is the latest online resource for the UK cleaning industry with over 31,000 registered members. Registration is free to all professionals in the cleaning industry including Carpet Cleaning, Window Cleaning, Hard Floor Cleaning, Contract Cleaning and much more. This is the place to ask all your cleaning related questions and keep in touch with over 31,000 other industry professionals."

The blurb here carries a very professional tone. It mentions words like 'resource', 'professionals' and 'cleaning industry'. It presents itself in a very business-like manner.

Other forums that are wanting their members to view themselves as professional, also use similar speak. This is a world away from Facebook, which everyone knows is classed as 'social media'. This is where people choose to just burn time on trivialities and engage in the oft used expression on here 'banter'. The way that conversations on there pan out would be fully expected to be different than 'the latest online resource for the UK cleaning industry' and I'm sure many members would view this in the same way as I.

There should be an air of professionalism on this forum as it's target market by its own admission is 'professionals'. Hence my choice of definition for 'networking'. If this forum is appealing to 'professionals', surely this is the place where professionals can engage in proper business.

If it is just another social media platform, then it should have as its blurb, something along the lines of 'Join our forum and come and have the craic and engage in banter with people who own other cleaning companies.'

Professionals want to do business and should not be stopped from doing such, nor mocked for wanting to such. I would ask therefore that you allow professionals to be able to engage in their networking activities, as you invite us to do.

8weekly

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2017, 07:07:07 am »
To Steve:

Now of course you chose Wikipedia's definition of Business Networking (bold mine) and ignored the several other definitions networking - one of which was social networking.

Hi Granville. Firstly, I want to say it's good to eventually get a civilised conversation from someone about this. Thank you.

You are correct that I have chosen 'business networking' as my definition of 'network'. This is because a business network is exactly what CIU proported to be. The following I see no your home page:

"The UK Cleaning forum is the latest online resource for the UK cleaning industry with over 31,000 registered members. Registration is free to all professionals in the cleaning industry including Carpet Cleaning, Window Cleaning, Hard Floor Cleaning, Contract Cleaning and much more. This is the place to ask all your cleaning related questions and keep in touch with over 31,000 other industry professionals."

The blurb here carries a very professional tone. It mentions words like 'resource', 'professionals' and 'cleaning industry'. It presents itself in a very business-like manner.

Other forums that are wanting their members to view themselves as professional, also use similar speak. This is a world away from Facebook, which everyone knows is classed as 'social media'. This is where people choose to just burn time on trivialities and engage in the oft used expression on here 'banter'. The way that conversations on there pan out would be fully expected to be different than 'the latest online resource for the UK cleaning industry' and I'm sure many members would view this in the same way as I.

There should be an air of professionalism on this forum as it's target market by its own admission is 'professionals'. Hence my choice of definition for 'networking'. If this forum is appealing to 'professionals', surely this is the place where professionals can engage in proper business.

If it is just another social media platform, then it should have as its blurb, something along the lines of 'Join our forum and come and have the craic and engage in banter with people who own other cleaning companies.'

Professionals want to do business and should not be stopped from doing such, nor mocked for wanting to such. I would ask therefore that you allow professionals to be able to engage in their networking activities, as you invite us to do.
You don't just want to "keep in touch and ask cleaning related questions." You want to recruit subbies. It really isn't difficult.

Solar Steve

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2017, 08:51:00 am »
To Steve:

You don't just want to "keep in touch and ask cleaning related questions." You want to recruit subbies. It really isn't difficult.
Is "Would anyone in xxxxxxxxx area be interested in carrying out solar panel cleaning with us?" not a cleaning related question?

I think what they mean by that, is that they don't want people coming on here talking about what they have for breakfast, even though there is currently  an open thread about this. How can discussing one's breakfast be more acceptable on a cleaning forum than someone offering training and a subsequent business relationship to others?

Dry Clean

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2017, 09:17:23 am »
A good breakfast can mean the difference in a good or bad days earnings so its very important, that said I'm sure if Kelloggs
had started the thread it would have been locked.