This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Solar Steve

Re: How Would You Handle My Growth?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 08:32:35 am »
Seriously SS you should know better than to ask amy kind of serious question on this forum.

The replies you got where more than expected. I doubt you are surprised at the response?

I would suggest you go find another forum to ask more serious questions.
The CIU Google ad invites people to 'join now and network with over 29,000 other cleaning companies'. 

Networking events I have been to are precisely about showcasing your companies products, services, progress and joining forces with other companies so that you can all grow together. This forum does not allow you to 'network' it seems.

Are you suggesting that that forum is just a place for talking about brush heads and mocking others? This place is a potentially brilliant resource to link companies together, probably there's for the cleaning industry in the UK, but it sadly does not seem to allow such things when either an individual or their company seems to be doing too well.

You are right though, I am not surprised by some of the responses from certain individuals on here.....

Solar Steve

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 08:41:31 am »
Did you really expect to get a serious, usable, sensible answer? If so you are a moron. You didn't though, you wanted an argument which is fine. Don't pretend it was anything else though.
From some people on here, no, I didn't expect a serious answer. From others though, there would have been sensible answers if the thread were  allowed to run.

I don't want an argument. As I have stated many times, I want to do business  and a forum which claims to be able to let me network with over 29,000 other cleaning companies is probably the best place to do it.

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 08:41:54 am »
The CIU Google ad invites people to 'join now and network with over 29,000 other cleaning companies'. 

Networking events I have been to are precisely about showcasing your companies products, services, progress and joining forces with other companies so that you can all grow together. This forum does not allow you to 'network' it seems.

+1
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Solar Steve

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 08:44:17 am »
To clear things up, I posted a thread twice accidentally asking people's opinion about how the would handle a job if it came their way. I asked for one thread to be deleted, but now can't find any. I hope both weren't deleted by a mod.

Can anyone, without being a child, jealous or bitchy, let me know what happened to the thread?
Well my interpretation was that it was advertising. Perhaps that's how the mods saw it?
How? I have read the rules of this forum closely again before I joined. I don't believe I have contravened any. Can anyone let me know how my thread was advertising?

Is this not advertising: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=207156.0 Surely it is.

This thread is also written in a similar way to mine: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=207186.0

It is this type of thread that started pandemonium on here and people trying to get me BANNED: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=207070.0

Can anyone explain where this is equal or fair?
None of those threads were advertising as none of thos people look to recruit members on here. You're being deliberately obtuse.
I'm not sure as you understand what advertising is then.

Would you be happy for me to put my flyers on here asking for people's opinion?

You might find this interesting: http://www.strategicbusinessnetwork.com/Article10Reasons

1. Increase your visibility
2. Start relationships that will lead to strategic alliances, joint ventures and referrals
6. To find suppliers and solutions to your problems
9. To recruit talent

CIU, through their advert, invites me to network. I have tried in the past to use this networking forum to do the above and been derided and had threads locked or deleted.

All I'm trying to do is build a business. I have already got it off the ground in the UK and Australia and now have Ireland and Belgium in my sights. If you want nothing to do with it, leave my threads alone.

If the owners of the forum are not happy with what I do on here, perhaps they will clarify to all of us what they mean by 'networking' and highlight specifically which forum rules I am breaking, so that I can stay within the said rules. I try already, to still seem to fall short, which is frustrating. 

8weekly

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:51 am »
To clear things up, I posted a thread twice accidentally asking people's opinion about how the would handle a job if it came their way. I asked for one thread to be deleted, but now can't find any. I hope both weren't deleted by a mod.

Can anyone, without being a child, jealous or bitchy, let me know what happened to the thread?
Well my interpretation was that it was advertising. Perhaps that's how the mods saw it?
How? I have read the rules of this forum closely again before I joined. I don't believe I have contravened any. Can anyone let me know how my thread was advertising?

Is this not advertising: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=207156.0 Surely it is.

This thread is also written in a similar way to mine: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=207186.0

It is this type of thread that started pandemonium on here and people trying to get me BANNED: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=207070.0

None of those threads were advertising as none of thos people look to recruit members on here. You're being deliberately obtuse.

Yes. As long as the flyers we weren't your target audience. 

Solar Steve

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:38 am »

You personally are the target audience of advertising all day, everyday on the Internet, tv and other forms of media.

Your argument doesn't hold water. You see on the thread homepage who the threads are written by before you click them. If you think I'm 'targeting' you with my threads, don't click on them. If you choose to click, you are choosing to become the target audience.

If you don't want to be 'targeted' by BMW, don't click on BMW-related media. It's very straightforward.

The fact that you keep clicking and commenting on my threads shows you are actually a fan.

8weekly

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 09:18:22 am »

You personally are the target audience of advertising all day, everyday on the Internet, tv and other forms of media.

Your argument doesn't hold water. You see on the thread homepage who the threads are written by before you click them. If you think I'm 'targeting' you with my threads, don't click on them. If you choose to click, you are choosing to become the target audience.

If you don't want to be 'targeted' by BMW, don't click on BMW-related media. It's very straightforward.

The fact that you keep clicking and commenting on my threads shows you are actually a fan.
You're missing the point. BMW pay. You can advertise on here if you pay.

And there I'll leave it.

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 09:27:22 am »
Steve I  personally think you have rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way  over the years.  Not just this forum either as you have never really been willing to contribute but only to use a forum for you own gains. That is probably why your posts tend to get either locked or deleted by admin.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 09:31:44 am »
Steve, not being funny, but why do you post on here?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 09:53:37 am »
If you are doing better than the half dozen who appear to run this place- it is not allowed. I suggest you go to another forum less affected by this. ;)
Comfortably Numb!

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 09:59:42 am »
That'll be you you're referring to in that case who normally does the hounding.

Post any success and you personally turn toxic. You and your cronies.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Solar Steve

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 10:02:56 am »
Steve I  personally think you have rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way  over the years.  Not just this forum either as you have never really been willing to contribute but only to use a forum for you own gains. That is probably why your posts tend to get either locked or deleted by admin.
Maybe that's the case Smurf. I do not claim to be everyone's cup of tea. I have contributed in many ways to other people's threads too, but folks seem to forget that.

There are people on here who do not 'rub people up the wrong way', but rather, they are offensive, rude, personal and belittling.

There was a thread on here recently mocking my hair and moustache and depicting me as Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen. It was not deleted or locked and nor did I report it. I saw the funny side, showed the wife and we laughed our heads off. Someone even had my pic as their profile picture on another forum!

I couldn't give a stuff about what people say about me personally, I can rise above it. But to have threads locked or deleted for less, simply because peole get rubbed up the wrong way is not fair and a lot of other people see that too.

It's ok to mock someone's personal appearance, but not to network with other companies to grow your business? That's no way to run a forum.

Solar Steve

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 10:03:54 am »
Simple, to better and grow my business.

I don't understand why anyone else would come on here, if not for that reason.

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 10:12:37 am »
When was the last time you actually contributed to this forum Steve apart from just using it as a free marketing/recruitment platform.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 10:16:58 am »
That'll be you you're referring to in that case who normally does the hounding.

Post any success and you personally turn toxic. You and your cronies.

No, the same old, self obseessed braggarts who hound this place constantly seeking any opportunity to again and again remind us all how desperately  great they are- turn the forum toxic. I have no problem with anyone's success but I only need to read the same thing once. This place has got like a primary school playground with constant exploitation of threads to play "oneupmanship". The truth is, most people don't give a toss about how much you earn after the first five hundred times of being made aware of it! This place has a well deserved reputation for BS'ers and has become somewhat of a joke among other forums- and it's very clear to see why.

This doesn't relate to SS either- it's clear to see what his intentions are and they are genuine IMO.
Comfortably Numb!

Tosh

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 10:20:23 am »
See there you go again.

Can't help yourself. Someone doing well, so in your words "it is not allowed".

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 10:36:34 am »
Why don't you advertise ? as I see it you run a sub contract business so there's custom to be gained from here
therefore your annoyed that you cant use the forum  to access it cost free.
Pay up, not only will it solve your problem but you wont come across as such a dodgy character.

Dave Willis

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 10:42:16 am »
Simple, to better and grow my business.

I don't understand why anyone else would come on here, if not for that reason.

Well, there's your problem. The mods see it as you trying to 'use' the forum so they don't like it. The members see you as using them so they don't like it either. Remember your parting message when you deleted your account last time? You said something like you had used the forum and got what you wanted and basically you lot can bugger off.
I don't come on here to further my business, I come for the banter and the odd tips and the laugh. Always been a good place in the ten years I've used it.

Solar Steve

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 10:56:52 am »
When was the last time you actually contributed to this forum Steve apart from just using it as a free marketing/recruitment platform.
Look back through topics and you'll see. Within the last week.

Solar Steve

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 11:00:01 am »
Why don't you advertise ? as I see it you run a sub contract business so there's custom to be gained from here
therefore your annoyed that you cant use the forum  to access it cost free.
Pay up, not only will it solve your problem but you wont come across as such a dodgy character.
Because I'm only networking, as CIU invite me to do.

How does paying money clear up someone's character? Buying your way out of trouble often indicates you have something to hide.