Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Mill

Stairs
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:21:50 am »
Hello all, I was wondering if someone can help. I have a job coming up which has a long narrow carpeted stair case. What is the best way to agitate the stairs horizontal and vertical surfaces and what should I use?

I have a new powr-flite machine being delivered early April but haven't bought any stair adapters, only the hose and wand.

Please help

Richie

scott johns

Re: Stairs
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:47:09 pm »
first of all you will need a hand held tool weather its 4inch or 6inch up tp your preference ,pre spray
all depends on carpet fibre and how soiled it is . agitate well a sebo duo should be fine or a good
bit of elbow grease with a nylon brush. have you had any training if not I would strongly advise
it as it will save you a lot of money in the end. alltec network doing some in a couple of weeks
give them a call they are a very helpful company all the best and happy cleaning

Richard Mill

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 04:12:28 pm »
Hey Scott, thanks for your reply.

Yes I've had some training regarding carpets as worked for a large local council doing cleaning for a good 6 years but had never done any stairs.

I have used the sebo duo before but won't that be a bit to big to use on each individual stair?? It can't agitate the stairs completely can it?? Maybe a nylon hand brush is the way....thanks again

Angelo

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:22:59 pm »
Richard you can ring me and I will direct you step by step how to clean stairs carpets easy and effective with good results every time . 07949214588

Richard Mill

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »
Brilliant thank you Angelo.

I will call you sometime tomorrow with my note pad and pen ready!

:)

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:03 pm »

Angelo,

Cant you tell us all?   

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Angelo

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 08:29:57 pm »
Yes no problem easy and good result every time .
First thorough vacuum that's the Key , then prespray  , agitate with hand brush and then  rinse with  CFR UPholstery  tool  that's cleans a lot. Better then stair tool .

Hope it helps !!!!

It does work for me everytime because you can clean a lot more in detail than the stair tool .

gwrightson

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:42 pm »

If I am been honest,

I was expecting a little more than that Angelo

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Fibre Fresh Devon

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 01:20:12 pm »
I would be careful with using a dedicated upholstery tool on stairs as carpet grippers can cause damage to the tool that could damage upholstery quite easily.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 05:14:13 pm »
Richard you can ring me and I will direct you step by step how to clean stairs carpets easy and effective with good results every time . 07949214588

And there was me thinking Angelo  had cleverly slipped a little pun into his post ;D

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 12:26:12 am »
Get a floormac with a black brush and work top downwards obviously having vacuumed and pre sprayed first.
Or use a brush, occasionally use a hand mit
Wouldn't use an upholstery tool incase of damage which in turn might snag fabric.