This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ollie Wright

New Flyers - What Do You Think?
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:50:56 pm »
Had some new flyers designed, constructive comments welcome.

C & S

Re: New Flyers - What Do You Think?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:19:40 pm »
Not bad, looks pro.
I dont like a price list on flyer. However I see the benifits.
Maybe make it a little more personal, pic of van, pic of you, your name etc. More personal approach.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:13:18 am »
That's a terrible leaflet, and I'm being totally honest, did you pay someone to design that?

The front is 50% white space totally wasted, the back is not much better. terrible images, text too small,  it is really bad.

But it will do its job, the only crap leaflet is the leaflet that stays on the design board and never gets printed & delivered. But if you are going to the trouble of using a designer and having them professionally printed you might as make the leaflet as good as possible.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Don Simon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 06:26:04 am »
Dont like it the diffrent coloured boxes makes it a certainty to be thrown straight in the bin
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:11:04 am »
I take leaflet dropping very seriously - Flyers can be considered a bit of a psy-op and I have different types of flyer for different times of the year to prompt people. One might argue that if you leave the reverse of the flyer blank the prospective customer might scribble a shopping list or other memorandum on it thus keeping the flyer a bit longer, its all about subliminal messaging. I tend not to bombard the customer with an overload of information and invite them to visit my website and read what  customers are saying about the service I provide. I monitor my web site hits on the days I deliver them and there is always a peak on these occasions which is encouraging.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:59 am »
I don't really like the leaflet but I am a fan of putting prices on.

It saves the calls of how much. Its the same on facebook when I put a post without prices I get loads of enquiries and all asking how much luv.

Put the prices on and it weeds out the chaff after all that's all people want to know is how much.

Get em out

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 09:14:41 am »
is going straight in the bin with all the other leaflets! ;D
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 09:57:35 am »
It's not the best.

Ollie Wright

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 10:18:58 am »
Thanks for the input everyone, looks like it will be back to drawing board..

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 11:44:14 am »

Do you walk around the house with your eyes closed? Is your bin next to your front door?

When you pick a leaflet  up off your doorstep you might chuck it straight in the bin but on the walk to the bin ( in the kitchen) you will look at it.......if it's of no interest it will go in the bin but if it's of interest it might go into a kitchen drawer  or stuck on the fridge.

Nothing ever goes 'straight  in the bin'  ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 12:27:22 pm »

Do you walk around the house with your eyes closed? Is your bin next to your front door?

When you pick a leaflet  up off your doorstep you might chuck it straight in the bin but on the walk to the bin ( in the kitchen) you will look at it.......if it's of no interest it will go in the bin but if it's of interest it might go into a kitchen drawer  or stuck on the fridge.

Nothing ever goes 'straight  in the bin'  ;)

All depends when gou oost your flyer. If its during the day and no one is in, for instance me. When i get back from work i look through the post on floor, seperate the keep mail from the bin and its usually all for the bin. I dont have another look through perhaps the handful of junk mail i wish to bin.

So perhaps more successful in the evening and also people will mostly be in anyway to door knock or simply post. But might have a better success rate in evening
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 04:56:54 pm »
The middle picture at the bottom of the page looks more like a paint brush.

Marc Stock

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 05:18:50 pm »
I think it looks good. Problem is though, so does every other leaflet that comes through the door, they all look professional, they are all digital litho printed, and it's just another company. 

I find hand printed leaflets, on 80 GSM card in black and white with the Question do you need a window cleaner? Then call or visit  xxxxxxxx work better as it's now the only leaflet that stands out amongst the endless multi coloured 'sale' litho printed cap that falls on the doormat. But that's just my experience.

slap bash

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 09:53:09 pm »
I have got my leaflets down to a fine art out of a 37 dropped on Friday. I had a 3 confirmed and two more calls interested,

Before you even try designing a leaflet, you need to ask yourself a few questions.
How can I make sure my information is been viewed and read.
How can my information attract the attention of my customer?
Can I make my information motivate a response?
Can I design and distributed my message so that avoids being dumped in the bin like all the others?
Is my message targeted enough to impact the customers I will need?
Do I really know the needs of my target customers? This is the number one and the most important question.

Marc Stock

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:08 am »
I have got my leaflets down to a fine art out of a 37 dropped on Friday. I had a 3 confirmed and two more calls interested,

Before you even try designing a leaflet, you need to ask yourself a few questions.
How can I make sure my information is been viewed and read.
How can my information attract the attention of my customer?
Can I make my information motivate a response?
Can I design and distributed my message so that avoids being dumped in the bin like all the others?
Is my message targeted enough to impact the customers I will need?
Do I really know the needs of my target customers? This is the number one and the most important question.

Exactly. .most of the time the chance is that they are not looking for a window cleaner. But that one person who is, they hear that letter box rattle and scoop up the endless colourful pizza menus, estate agency mush, and n power leaflet's and it goes right into the bin, you don't want yours to be collected with it. Mine is a white card, that can be written on, is hand cut, and printed on a black and white laser printer about the size of an iPhone. Simple...to the point the eye is drawn to the question and bosh...it works.

robbo333

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 07:52:14 pm »
If I were looking for a window cleaner, I would want to know:
do you do trad or wfp?
can you reach those 'hard to get to windows'
is it 4, 6, or 8 weeks?
can I pay by cash, cheque, or bacs?
do you clean the glass, frames and sills?
Is there a picture of you? i'd like to see who's cleaning my house!
Are you reliable, regular, local?
will you text me the day before to know you are coming
GET IT SORTED!!!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 08:39:52 pm »
If I were looking for a window cleaner, I would want to know:
do you do trad or wfp?
can you reach those 'hard to get to windows'
is it 4, 6, or 8 weeks?
can I pay by cash, cheque, or bacs?
do you clean the glass, frames and sills?
Is there a picture of you? i'd like to see who's cleaning my house!
Are you reliable, regular, local?
will you text me the day before to know you are coming
GET IT SORTED!!!

I'm trad every 2 weeks , I see some custards more than my family!

Tony dunmall

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 08:45:52 pm »
constructive  Comemts

Less is more

Who are you and what do you do and contact information

Most who see my leaflets see window cleaner, On the back of the leaflet are my contact details if they wish to get more information

If  their  looking they will  call

dave f

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 06:45:51 am »
its far to busy to small writing  keep it simple and to the point all the other addons can be discussed at a later date if you get a bite

k.diver

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 03:36:08 pm »
its very run-of-the-mill

which is perfect if you are focussing on very ordinary houses [nothing big]