Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: saying no to customers
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »
Why do so called window cleaners refuse to clean insides,I like to think I'm professional and clean insides as well as glass roofs,a proper window cleaner should have no problem doing these tasks,alot just want to clean external with a wfp cause half  cant use a squeegee,its part of the service,you are either a window cleaner or you ain't ,it's like getting a gardener that only cuts grass cause they can't be bothered to pick weeds,I really can't get my head around some people,you either provide a service or you don't,rant over  ;D

because ive been cleaning windows 24 years and cant be bothered messing about inside a customers property! ;D

i do clean a few elderly residents inside kitchen windows on request though(usually for a cuppa!) but thats about it. :)

plus i clean outside conny roofs,f/s/g cleans and solar panels.you gotta draw the line somewhere! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 10:51:19 pm »
Why do so called window cleaners refuse to clean insides,I like to think I'm professional and clean insides as well as glass roofs,a proper window cleaner should have no problem doing these tasks,alot just want to clean external with a wfp cause half  cant use a squeegee,its part of the service,you are either a window cleaner or you ain't ,it's like getting a gardener that only cuts grass cause they can't be bothered to pick weeds,I really can't get my head around some people,you either provide a service or you don't,rant over  ;D

because ive been cleaning windows 24 years and cant be bothered messing about inside a customers property! ;D

i do clean a few elderly residents inside kitchen windows on request though(usually for a cuppa!) but thats about it. :)

plus i clean outside conny roofs,f/s/g cleans and solar panels.you gotta draw the line somewhere! ;D

Half a job springs to mind. lol

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »
Not if you quote correctly,you'll be surprised ;)
dont need to as i dont do them, nothing to do with quoting correctly thats forum garbage talk  ;D . I quote outsides correctly so need to waste time cleaning insides  ;)
Of course commercial is different.

Wealthier customers with large properties will pay a very good price for it but on standard domestic it can be hard to make it
pay.

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 06:53:27 am »

Not at all. If you are window cleaner doesn't mean you have to clean what you don't want to clean. I refuse awkward access houses and some terraced because I want to simple as that. I don't like being in customers houses so I don't do it regardless of the money. If a gardener chooses to just cut grass that's up to him.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 07:53:56 am »
i also refuse certain conny roofs(flat ones with hardly any fall on them usually)as their a pain to clean,i also wont take on any window cleaning work that involves climbing over a flat roof to access the backs.

gutter clearing is another job that i dont do any more(unless access is easy and its part of a well priced full house valet)

i wouldnt clean a mid terraced house either unless i could clean the whole row,etc,etc

i dont need to as im busy enough cleaning all my regular (easier) work.im also 45 years of age and dont want to be fannying around with PITA jobs.

at one time id clean anything and ive learned through experience what jobs i will and wont do.

besides i want to keep my working hours down so i can enjoy my leisure time too.(6 or 7 hours a day is enough for me these days)
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 10:01:02 am »
That's the main benefit of being your own boss as you can be selective as much as you want for whatever reason. Unlike working for someone else you don't get a choice.

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 01:06:28 pm »
That's the main benefit of being your own boss as you can be selective as much as you want for whatever reason. Unlike working for someone else you don't get a choice.

I tried being selective and told someone I don't do council estates .... and got a bad review on google  :-X

8weekly

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 02:36:25 pm »

I tried being selective and told someone I don't do council estates .... and got a bad review on google  :-X
There's being selective and there's undiplomatic.  ;D