This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

saying no to customers
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:08:47 pm »
Been asked to clean inside a conservatory, upvc as well as glass.

Just not interested at all.
Had customer for about 8 years.

What's the politest way to say no?
Without causing offence.

Rather walk over hot coals😁
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

Re: saying no to customers
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
Just text this back, hope she doesn't get the ump ::)roll

Hi  Arlene.

Unfortunately I can't do jobs like this as it takes too long for a one man operation.

There are companies in the yellow pages that specialize in upvc restoration can't say what they'd charge.

Sorry lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:45:14 pm »
i just say i dont clean insides,sorry.simple and straight to the point.i have lost customers sometimes too because i wont clean insides but hey ho you cant please everyone! :)
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:35:34 pm »
Just tell em to get a quote from Thomas Sanderson if they want a proper job done. lol

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 11:03:52 pm »
Lee, I think the simplest way is just to say 'sorry, I don't do that type of cleaning'

It's hard to say no to customers sometimes - it took a long time for me to say no - now if it's not earning at the very least what we make cleaning glass it's a no or priced so well the inconvience is somewhat softened

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

C & S

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:24:29 pm »
Just put a price on it that you know they wont accept, are simply tell them you are too busy as it takes a long time, maybe reccommend another windy you know who will do it? (Providing he wont steal the custy)

Soupy

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 06:29:04 am »
Confessions of a window cleaner would be terrible.

Scantily clad lady: Oh hi, can you come in and service my insides?

Lee Dewing: Sorry, your insides are too big of a job for me, try the yellow pages.

The end.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 09:30:01 am »
"My liability insurance does not cover me for inside work"

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 09:35:31 am »
"My liability insurance does not cover me for inside work"

Fibber...I'm sure custards would think the same as they are not daft.lol

Just tell them the truth you don't want to do it. Or put in a really silly high price and hope they don't say yes. Either way there is a good chance they will find someone else that will do whatever they want including the regular window clean.

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 12:03:55 pm »
Tell her your claustrophobic and can't work in confined spaces

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 12:58:28 pm »
Dodgy ankle or knees. Can't use step ladder?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 02:01:33 pm »
Just had a chap phone that wanted his house guttering cleared out. Wanted someone to take out that plastic gutter guard crap, clean it and fit it back afterwards.  I told him I will take it out but would not refit as it don't work very well. His reply was it does work so will leave it then.  lol

Maybe I should have sent him some pics to prove he is talking out of his arse.
Mind I did post a review plus question  & answer on screwfix but people still buy that crap lol
http://ugc.screwfix.com/profiles/5873-en_gb/pappasmurf/profile.htm

Slash

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 06:33:24 pm »
Why do so called window cleaners refuse to clean insides,I like to think I'm professional and clean insides as well as glass roofs,a proper window cleaner should have no problem doing these tasks,alot just want to clean external with a wfp cause half  cant use a squeegee,its part of the service,you are either a window cleaner or you ain't ,it's like getting a gardener that only cuts grass cause they can't be bothered to pick weeds,I really can't get my head around some people,you either provide a service or you don't,rant over  ;D

CF Facilities

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 06:38:05 pm »
How about saving it for a rainy day.

p1w1

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 06:39:40 pm »
Why do so called window cleaners refuse to clean insides,I like to think I'm professional and clean insides as well as glass roofs,a proper window cleaner should have no problem doing these tasks,alot just want to clean external with a wfp cause half  cant use a squeegee,its part of the service,you are either a window cleaner are you you'e not,it's like getting a gardener that only cuts grass cause they can't be bothered to pick weeds,I really can't get my head around some people,you either provide a service or you don't,rant over  ;D
earn more cleaning outsides only... simples

Slash

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 06:53:12 pm »
Not if you quote correctly,you'll be surprised ;)

8weekly

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 07:01:50 pm »
If you quote correct to earn the same or more as outsides you'll end up with the same result - you don't do insides. Not many will pay two or even three times more.

p1w1

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »
dont need to as i dont do them, nothing to do with quoting correctly thats forum garbage talk  ;D . I quote outsides correctly so need to waste time cleaning insides  ;)
Of course commercial is different.

Johnny B

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 07:34:48 pm »
Just had a chap phone that wanted his house guttering cleared out. Wanted someone to take out that plastic gutter guard crap, clean it and fit it back afterwards.  I told him I will take it out but would not refit as it don't work very well. His reply was it does work so will leave it then.  lol

Mind I did post a review plus question  & answer on screwfix but people still buy that crap lol

If that useless netting used for keeping crap out of gutters actually worked, then why do the gutters need clearing out? 😂

Whenever I am faced with this, I always recommend getting rid of it and accepting the fact that the gutters will need clearing periodically, and the job is made easier without the netting being in the way!

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 07:50:08 pm »

If that useless netting used for keeping crap out of gutters actually worked, then why do the gutters need clearing out? 😂

Whenever I am faced with this, I always recommend getting rid of it and accepting the fact that the gutters will need clearing periodically, and the job is made easier without the netting being in the way!

John.
It's funny how they tend to agree not to put them back when they find out it will cost at least 3 times as much as a standard gutter clear. lol