Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trafficjamz

pu hose
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:49 am »
I've been using 100m of the blue exceed pole hose on main reel for a year now and it's still going strong. I'm now going to transfer it over to the secondary reel (part time helper) and buy new pu hose for my main.

So I'm wondering if anyone has compared the exceed pole hose to other pu hoses?  I'm happy with the exceed but maybe there's a cheaper alternative that is as good, and I think 2 different colours will help when the other chap tangles our hoses!

Leroy Wright

Re: pu hose
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:09:13 pm »
Hi there Trafficjamz,
                                               good to see my old system is going strong. I have been using Gardiner orange pole hose for the past three years. It is cheaper than  exceed but it stays "curly" when used with cold water.  So it would solve the problem  pricewise  and colorwise  just if you can put up with it being curly. Not too much of a problem in the warmer summer months but  in the colder months it coulkd be a problem.

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 01:12:59 pm »
I use hot water and I found the orange was ok when it was warmed but a pain when cold and went back to all season yellow and turned the temp down and used it carefully although it was like spaghetti then I tried the green pu Gardiner hose and seems to be much better, its not as think or as curly as orange but not as soft as yellow, takes a day or two to loosen up though a tad.
I've heard people talking about rhino hose as well but seems very expensive for what it is!

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:30:06 pm »
I hear that people are going mad for Rhino hose at the moment , not heard a bad thing yet , will see if i can find a link

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 02:32:16 pm »
First iv heard of it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkadA9VorJk

Bum crack 🤣😂🤣

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 03:54:04 pm »
Wonder if it could be poached.

trafficjamz

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »
Hi there Trafficjamz,
                                               good to see my old system is going strong. I have been using Gardiner orange pole hose for the past three years. It is cheaper than  exceed but it stays "curly" when used with cold water.  So it would solve the problem  pricewise  and colorwise  just if you can put up with it being curly. Not too much of a problem in the warmer summer months but  in the colder months it coulkd be a problem.
Yes still going strong mate!
Thinking of trying the green stuff from Gardiners. If it's not great, I'll put it on the secondary reel. I'm hoping it's a little similar to the exceed.

Leroy Wright

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 05:14:41 pm »
I'm gonna use some of the blue exceed hose very soon. I took the plunge and ordered the uni-valve and tubeless kit from exceed and Royal mail damaged the packet while delivering so some of the pieces were missing . Steve will be replacing them soon. So for now I have the exceed blue hose in my shed waiting to be used.
    When taking it out of the torn packet it felt softer than the Gardiners orange pole hose. I will give my thoughts when I have everything set up and used it .
   Good to hear you are still using my old set up and it is still working fine  ;D

Leroy Wright

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 05:29:42 pm »
Just chatted online with a person via the website for Rhino hose and he said because it is a "lay flat" hose so you would have to deploy the 100 meters of your hose reel for the water to go through. So I think that would be a No No for the 100 meters of pole hose set up that some of us have . 

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 06:16:46 pm »
I've been using 100m of the blue exceed pole hose on main reel for a year now and it's still going strong. I'm now going to transfer it over to the secondary reel (part time helper) and buy new pu hose for my main.

So I'm wondering if anyone has compared the exceed pole hose to other pu hoses?  I'm happy with the exceed but maybe there's a cheaper alternative that is as good, and I think 2 different colours will help when the other chap tangles our hoses!

so let me get this right , you been using the hose for a year ? with no problems ? and your still wanting to go cheap for no real reason what so ever just to save 5 quid ? 8 pence a week ?

what would you say if 50 of your custmers binned you off as a window cleaner to go with somebody else  just to save 32 pence a month ? 8 pence a week ?

stev from exceed is an ex window cleaner maybe he should bin you off for  going else where  for cheapness and refuse to deal with you again like most window cleaners do on here  ?

if we don't support people like him buy spending a few pence more on gear that works well then he going out of business and wont have the money to invent new things that work things like a.dappters , uni valves ect ect sometimes it worth spending a few coppers extra and getting you know what works rather then going cheap

trafficjamz

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 06:51:41 pm »
Leroy, I've read elsewhere that the lay flat hose you mentioned is the larger ID hose.  They also do the rhino 'tube' which is comparable to the pu pole hose.

Susan, that's not how I meant to throw it, it's the way you've caught it.  If Steve had a different colour hose, I'd be all over it as from experience I know it to be a good hose.  Ideally, I want a different colour as my partner somehow manages to tangle then up and it's a nightmare sometimes.  I know that exceed hose comes at a premium, so I was asking the question, hoping that someone would have come forward and said "yes I've used exceed and some other stuff and it's exactly the same". And if it's cheaper, then bonus

Leroy Wright

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 07:25:24 pm »
Yes you are right. I went back on the website and noticed that there is Rhino hose and Rhino tube.  I think that the Rhino tube looks promising.
           I know what you mean about two hoses of the same colour becoming tangled up . I normally say to the person working with me to go back and start to wind up the hose while I finish the last window  or vice versa if my length of hose came round the house last .

trafficjamz

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 07:46:35 pm »
Yeah it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a time waster.

It will be interesting to hear more about this rhino tubing.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 08:25:49 pm »

Hi I could use a link to a UK supplier of Rhino tube if anyone can post one 8)
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 09:11:27 pm »

You can only buy it in Oz or the states AFAIK and get it shipped to the UK. We don't count much for Perry.
We look at them, they look through them.

trafficjamz

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 09:16:00 pm »
On another forum that I've just found on Google, someone has given a reps name and number in Dorset.
Peter 01305 774872

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 10:25:21 pm »
On another forum that I've just found on Google, someone has given a reps name and number in Dorset.
Peter 01305 774872

You'll have to post how you get on with this option
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 11:01:48 pm »
Pretty sure Kempy sells it along with other products. Might be on the jigsaw site I haven't looked.

ben M

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 11:05:40 pm »

I bought Rhino 🦏 Tube from david kemp via Facebook messenger and 07979966041 .
It's not on his website yet as demand been high .
Colours I chose from was green , blue and orange .

trafficjamz

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 01:33:45 pm »
There's  a Facebook page called reach it uk that seems to be the uk contact