Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Vac poles stuck together
« on: March 11, 2017, 09:18:54 am »
Gave up trying to get two 2.5m carbon vac poles apart after trying my usual tricks to separate them. Ended up having to cable tie onto the roof rack instead as would not fit inside the van to get them back to sort out.

Good job it was not three or more stuck together. lol

Anyone else had to do this?

AuRavelling79

Re: Vac poles stuck together
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 03:05:21 pm »
I had an old fishing carbon pole in sections before SLX's and got three stuck together as I used them on a gutter wash and there was a lot of pushing into gaps and such like.

I ended up giving the customer and her daughter rubber gloves and got them to hold one end (no jokes please) together while I twisted the other.
It's a game of three halves!

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »
I've had to do that before as a last resort more than once. This time however there was no one about I could ask to put rubber gloves on to help twist and tug me pole.

Mind the my missus obliged when I got home. lol

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 05:34:42 pm »
Won't hot water help?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:34:19 am »
Gave up trying to get two 2.5m carbon vac poles apart after trying my usual tricks to separate them. Ended up having to cable tie onto the roof rack instead as would not fit inside the van to get them back to sort out.

Good job it was not three or more stuck together. lol

Anyone else had to do this?
I had 3 grippa poles get stuck together I tried everything but couldn't get them apart

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:30:22 am »
2 of mine are still stuck from months ago , I had 4 lads pulling on them but didn't budge

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »
2 of mine are still stuck from months ago , I had 4 lads pulling on them but didn't budge

What seems to get them stuck together is mostly very fine particles of tiles grit.
I've found pulling alone don't normally work as you need to twist them in opposite directions and if need be pull at the same time... Hence why the use of rubber gloves for extra grip when trying to twist and pull them apart.

Obviously it's is important to check and clean them if required first before putting sections together. You will soon know if any grit is still present when slotting together as will make a very slight grating noise. In my case I ignored it and after finishing the job could not separate them onsite. lol

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 12:41:03 pm »
Yep it's definitely grit . We all tried pulling and twisting but no use  :-X

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »
Try and have another go and maybe heat the joint up a little first with a heat gun/ hairdryer might also help.

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 01:06:36 pm »
Try and have another go and maybe heat the joint up a little first with a heat gun/ hairdryer might also help.

That's a good idea 💡

Don Simon

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 06:15:29 am »
I had this problem ( usually when the poles got worn.      The best way I found was to hold the stuck poles and find a wall and bang the poles where they join while twisting one hand one way and one hand the other side of the joint the other on top of the wall.

You have to twist the poles at the same time as you are bouncing them off the wall if that makes sense ?
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

trippyboy

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 08:40:15 am »
Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322409970507 this is what i use