Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

Busy?
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:20:43 pm »
Hi Folks, need encouraging, its so quiet my end of the woods, even been out leafleting, which havent done for years, hope you all are rushed off your feet. At least im ahead with the decorating and not paying to have it done! Simon

tim handley

Re: Busy?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 04:17:35 pm »
busy here, generally booked up 2 weeks in advance, ish, which is okay for me.......

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »
Ticking over like I always seem to do the 1st 3 months of the year.Its mainly repeats and new customers seem thin on the ground at the moment.

I don't know how new starters go on getting work.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 09:53:06 pm »
It can be quiet this time of year,phone here has been this week anyway.I use it to catch up on some marketing....

homenclean

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:22:05 pm »
pleased i made the decision to go down the commercial route few years back generally tick over all year 6 days a week would say i am 50 50 commercial and domestic.

john

derikraven

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 05:55:36 am »
It's pretty much flat out six days a week from November till April for me. I have a lot of Holiday homes to do plus a large caravan park plus a castle and estate cottages. I'm always glad when April comes around, gives me time to slow down a bit. :)

swanson

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 05:06:05 pm »
Flat out
7 days a week 12/16 hours a day 352 days a year  and that's 4 of us working  and still can't keep up.
Only joking
Just steady

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 06:36:09 pm »
Love the guys that say they are mega busy, then you find out how much they charge.....

I am never booked out weeks in advance, I think only 4 times in my carpet cleaning career have I been booked up 2 weeks in advance.  And I have no intention of changing that unless I start employing. I mean, how do you do short noticed jobs for your regulars?  I find not many want to wait more than a week/ten days tops.

Even though I say that, at the end of the week I can always say the week just gone was busy. (If that makes sense).

Don't worry to the guys who are not busy at the moment, spring and summer are just around the corner ;) Enjoy this quitter spell while it lasts.

cleanability

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 11:03:23 am »
Dawg..........I completely agree. Been coming to this site for years and I see currently its not as busy as it used to be. The reason being theres so much male cow excrement on here.
I been carpet cleaning for 20 years and and not to blow my own trumpet I'm good very good infact. Bend over backwards for anyone, available 24/7, average prices, do a great job, customers come back year after year,  I could go on and on .........AND I'VE NEVER BEEN FULLY BOOKED UP 2  WEEKS AHEAD.
I've wasted so much time, money and mental anguish by coming to this site and taking everything on here as the truth and correct advice that I hardly come here anymore and assume everything is b*llsh*t on here.
The most pointless questions that get asked on here are 1. How busy are you? ( because some clown with come on here and say a month ahead. 2. How much do I charge? ( just charge what you want to earn an hour. Only you will know how long the job will take.  3. Which machine do I buy?  I took advice on here once and bought an Ashbys Ninja. Nightmare. Nightmare customer service and nightmare machine.
When I was naive about this site it used to  actually worry me that I wasnt as busy as everyone on here claims to be. Little did I know Billy Smarts circus was in town.

Chris

tim handley

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 01:51:35 pm »
So, i take it that if you say you are fairly busy, you must be bullpoopting?? okay, no worries, im bullpoopting!!!!!! ::)roll

neil 47

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 03:51:53 pm »
its all relative

if you charge £100 a carpet and only do 5 jobs a week then your not really busy but earned £500 and at max 5 miles a job travelled 50miles 

Now if you charge £17,50 a carpet and peolpe do , he would have do 28 jobs and thats busy  to earn £480 . and traveled 280 miles thats 7 hours driving urban

i,m not busy
IICRC

M Roberts

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 03:54:20 pm »
Well we are booking July  :D, but that is for exterior cleaning stopped offering carpet cleaning as we are so busy with exterior  8)

tim handley

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 07:01:54 pm »
bULL   poop  APPARENTLY... ;D

edward coller

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 07:50:22 pm »
Can you explain what outside cleaning is please? Thanks Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 06:03:09 am »
Can you explain what outside cleaning is please? Thanks Simon

Errr.... Cleaning that's outside as opposed to cleaning that's inside  ;)

I'm the same as Mark really busy with exterior cleaning ( patios, drives, roofs )  not booked over 2 weeks though usually booked about a week in advance.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:36 am »
Window cleaning keeps me busy when quiet....great thing is you can drop onto it at a moments notice.....last minute cancellation no problem just polish a few windows instead.
Most of my window work is right outside my front door as well...90% of it is no more than a 6 minute walk in either direction from my house.
I have nearly always something to do as I also do a few conservatory cleans and fsg cleans.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:49:45 am »
No carpets this morning though and it's ping it down so no windows.....sometimes it pays to leave the diary in the van safe from the prying eyes of the wife.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 03:51:01 pm »
ftp://Terrible this morning for windows but had a conny to do then sun came out so onto windows.

Im never busy just steady away 9-2/3 ish which is how I like it.

Angelo

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 09:09:53 pm »
Me too being doing carpe Cleaning for 8 years now and I do some good Marketing and do a good job every time , and my clients coming back all the time , but never been fully booked for more then 2 weeks , some people come here and say I'm fully booked for  month or 2 ahead !!! I believe because they became  slaves of themselves... basically working for nothing .. they can clean carpets but don't know how to run a business .. good luck to you poor slaves .😢😰

M Roberts

Re: Busy? New
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 06:41:46 am »
Me too being doing carpe Cleaning for 8 years now and I do some good Marketing and do a good job every time , and my clients coming back all the time , but never been fully booked for more then 2 weeks , some people come here and say I'm fully booked for  month or 2 ahead !!! I believe because they became  slaves of themselves... basically working for nothing .. they can clean carpets but don't know how to run a business .. good luck to you poor slaves .
I think we can safely say we have a totally different outlook on business and life in general.
Just because you are booked months in advance certainly doesn't mean you are slaves  and working for nothing ???  or we don't know how to run a business  ???

We stopped offering carpet cleaning as I personally found customers in general would not wait for a carpet clean, compared to other services we offer..
No disrespect meant to anyone who is happy to operate like this but it was just not for me.

However, I don't then tell other guys who operate differently they are talking nonsense or they are slaves and don't know how to run a business  ::)roll