Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

FIGHT!
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:07:51 pm »
One of those days.
had this customer a year or two. Never pays on the day. Its always "can you call tomorrow" Sometime I call back and its " I forgot to get it" or " I didn't get chance"
I call almost the same day each month. I do them first, because  I know ill have to call back. Everyone else in that area pays online.

Called yesterday. dragged hose passed his van and gate etc. Starts doing front and he comes out. " can you do them later, I am doing hedges" hedges are 30ft away from windows. I said " ill just finish the fronts then and do back tomorrow" He then says he needs to get his lad. FFS. SO I pack all my gear up and leave.
Called again today. Knocks on door and starts front. He opens door, so I ask him to unlock gate round the back.
" I cant pay you till this afternoon"
You knew I was coming, why didn't you get it?
" I have better things to do that trail round for you"...........now this guy is a tall lazy Geordie. His wife is in a wheel chair and all they do is watch tv all day.
so I pipes up and said "tell you what. I wont bother" well he proper went off on one. Screaming like a child.
" if you let us know when you were coming would help"
 you knew I was coming today but didn't have it!
I looked him in the face and called him a BEEP BEEP lol Very childish of me, but he ped me off too much.
He slammed the house door shut, then opened it again screaming something. I just told him what to do. He goes back in, I close van door, then hes out again
" you should speak to your customers better" lmao
Guess I wont be going back

Then a few houses later. I gets my Gardiner backpack out of its holding place, ready for a job. I realised I missed one of my 8 weekly jobs, just up the road.I set off. Bang, glug glug glug. My backpack tipped up and the lid popped off. All over van floor :)

Stoots

Re: FIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:14:02 pm »
Sounds like he should have been dumped long ago with that carry on.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:04:43 pm »
Iv just sacked one off , for a year now iv had to send 2-3 txt reminders a month until she pays . Really used to get to me knowing that after iv done her windows, I'm gonna have to hassle her to get paid . She recommended me to her inlaws who pay online whilst I'm doing their windows which is why iv kept on doing them .
Anyways , iv sacked her off and it's such a relief!  8)

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:18:45 pm »
One of those days.
had this customer a year or two. Never pays on the day. Its always "can you call tomorrow" Sometime I call back and its " I forgot to get it" or " I didn't get chance"
I call almost the same day each month. I do them first, because  I know ill have to call back. Everyone else in that area pays online.

Called yesterday. dragged hose passed his van and gate etc. Starts doing front and he comes out. " can you do them later, I am doing hedges" hedges are 30ft away from windows. I said " ill just finish the fronts then and do back tomorrow" He then says he needs to get his lad. FFS. SO I pack all my gear up and leave.
Called again today. Knocks on door and starts front. He opens door, so I ask him to unlock gate round the back.
" I cant pay you till this afternoon"
You knew I was coming, why didn't you get it?
" I have better things to do that trail round for you"...........now this guy is a tall lazy Geordie. His wife is in a wheel chair and all they do is watch tv all day.
so I pipes up and said "tell you what. I wont bother" well he proper went off on one. Screaming like a child.
" if you let us know when you were coming would help"
 you knew I was coming today but didn't have it!
I looked him in the face and called him a BEEP BEEP lol Very childish of me, but he ped me off too much.
He slammed the house door shut, then opened it again screaming something. I just told him what to do. He goes back in, I close van door, then hes out again
" you should speak to your customers better" lmao
Guess I wont be going back

Then a few houses later. I gets my Gardiner backpack out of its holding place, ready for a job. I realised I missed one of my 8 weekly jobs, just up the road.I set off. Bang, glug glug glug. My backpack tipped up and the lid popped off. All over van floor :)

id of dropped him a long time ago too! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 03:38:06 pm »
two words fix problems like this - Go Cardless
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 03:55:27 pm »

Two more... beginning f and o.

:o
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

lal

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 04:54:59 pm »

Two more... beginning f and o.

+ 1

:o

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 05:35:52 pm »
This is what I do with persistent late payers...I tell them it's GC or no service...

Some sign up some go.

Marc Stock

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 06:33:52 pm »
Yep...Go Cardless is the way for this one.

duncan h

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 06:36:39 pm »
If I went Go Cardless, I would loose most of my cash payers (old lasses etc) Its also my takeaway money :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 06:52:01 pm »
Been there done that, only mine was worse  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 06:52:48 pm »
If I went Go Cardless, I would loose most of my cash payers (old lasses etc) Its also my takeaway money :)

Hop in the TARDIS and come forward to the 21st Century Duncan.

And for goodness sake why on earth did you keep that moronic idiot customer for so long?  ???
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »
Tall, lazy Geordies are usually trouble.
Not as much as short arsed half ones though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 09:11:47 pm »
Tall, lazy Geordies are usually trouble.
Not as much as short arsed half ones though.
;D

Lee Pryor

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 09:26:51 pm »
We only take new customers on go cardless now or they can't use us. Getting rid of cheques this year then cash and PayPal next year for existing customers
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 11:05:40 pm »
How ever the customer wants to pay me is fine by me so long as they pay without hassle.

I'd even take diamonds, rubies, pearls, gold, platinum, etc.

I once had a customer who'd pay me with 8 pints of homebrew beer for his £10 windows.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:57 pm »
How ever the customer wants to pay me is fine by me so long as they pay without hassle.

I'd even take diamonds, rubies, pearls, gold, platinum, etc.

I once had a customer who'd pay me with 8 pints of homebrew beer for his £10 windows.
Did that happen tonight, Ross?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 12:35:58 am »

Sadly, no.

He was a customer from the past who then moved out the area because his company moved location.

It was an arrangement I was more than happy with.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 12:49:12 am »

Sadly, no.

He was a customer from the past who then moved out the area because his company moved location.

It was an arrangement I was more than happy with.
Sounds good to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

tlwcs

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 07:17:57 am »
Be honest now, was it a £5 account?  ;D