Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

new brushes time
« on: March 09, 2017, 07:47:18 pm »
2 ultimate brushes(medium mixed and flocked)
3 xtreme brushes(2 natural bristle and 1 hybrid with fan jets)

2 gardiner scrapers :)

ive never tried fan jets but i hope they will be good for f/s/g cleans.

i have quite a few brushes but most are ready for the bin with the exception of the SL brushes which are ok but too heavy on an xtreme pole for awkward angle work.

im hoping my brushes will last a bit longer now im back to cold pure water! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

Re: new brushes time
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:33:10 pm »
I've never worn one out yet.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:29 pm »
Have you tried X lines mono brush Daz?

Great brushes :D

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:04 pm »
5 brushes, that would last me a decade

Im only on my second brush it two years, first one an extreme lasted about 6 months, this one a medium mixed sill ive had 18 months, still useable.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:56:21 pm »
Have you tried X lines mono brush Daz?

Great brushes :D

yes ive got one and a flocked version but their too heavy for awkward angle work with an xtreme pole.good brushes though.

i need some lighter brushes.ive got loads of heavier brushes which do get used but the ultimate and xtremes are hard to beat for ease of use.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 09:29:01 pm »
5 brushes, that would last me a decade

Im only on my second brush it two years, first one an extreme lasted about 6 months, this one a medium mixed sill ive had 18 months, still useable.

the hybrid extreme with fan jets will get used for f/s/g cleans.

the 2 xtreme natural bristle brushes will be used for lots of awkward angle work i have.

the ultimate flocked for wood/sash/delicate windows

ultimate medium mixed for general window cleaning(without all the stretching over extensions/conny roofs)

i dont know how you made an xtreme brush last 6 months!mine are knackered after 2 months(and thats not using them every day!) ;D

Tony dunmall

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:26:13 pm »
The natural hair extreme is my favourite used day in and out absolutely love it, I think it my favourite favourite brush

The only change I make to them is too recess the fan jets so they sit flush with the stock

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 10:35:56 pm »
The natural hair extreme is my favourite used day in and out absolutely love it, I think it my favourite favourite brush

The only change I make to them is too recess the fan jets so they sit flush with the stock

ive never used the natural bristle version  yet.they should get delivered on monday. ;D

i have about 5 xtreme brushes and their all knackered!(clumps of bristles missing off the ends!).their getting binned.

looking forward to using these brushes again! :)

Tony dunmall

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 10:49:55 pm »
Fair to say they don't last as long as the brushes with more bristles

But I want lightest possible brush available, that will do the job  if it lasts a month I'm not bothered

Happily last me between 8  months 1year

Jamie Thomas

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 06:32:09 am »
If they are shaged put em on eBay second hand Gardiner stuff are like antiques the older and more knocked around they are the more they are worth.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 07:02:59 am »
Fair to say they don't last as long as the brushes with more bristles

But I want lightest possible brush available, that will do the job  if it lasts a month I'm not bothered

Happily last me between 8  months 1year

what?an extreme brush lasts you that long?mine always have clumps of bristles missing in the corners after a couple of months! ;D

the ultimate brushes are a close second for curling up at the edges(but maybe because of hot water)and SL brushes last forever! ;D

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 08:13:53 am »
I got some use out of my extreme. It was completely knackered after 6 months half the bristles were missing. Looked like and old toothbrush.

Still worth it for the weight though, I used mine on everything Inc connys fsg first cleans etc. If I get another it would be solely for maintenance cleans. Hopefully it would last a year then.

s.w.c

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 04:04:03 pm »
I'm still using original single trim mono extreme and first black and white dual trim extreme and there not worn out by a long shot.

DeLuce

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »
I'm quite a fan of the boars hair. Very quick getting slug trails, bee poop and other stubborn  marks off the glass.
I got the Xtreme natural bristles brush and I'm very happy with it. Lightweight, but still effective. I really like it.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 08:24:08 pm »
This new extreme is the best extreme so far,it cleans like a larger brush due to the better scrubbing action on the glass and it's down to the new bristles.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 08:37:51 pm »
This new extreme is the best extreme so far,it cleans like a larger brush due to the better scrubbing action on the glass and it's down to the new bristles.

glad to hear this was just looking at them as we have binned three of the extreme brushes after 5 weeks use , but the lads are not in pain anymore so if we only get 5 weeks out of them I don't care , the only thing they didn't like was the scrubbing power of them

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 09:53:01 pm »

glad to hear this was just looking at them as we have binned three of the extreme brushes after 5 weeks use , but the lads are not in pain anymore so if we only get 5 weeks out of them I don't care , the only thing they didn't like was the scrubbing power of them

How many lads are in pain Susie?
We look at them, they look through them.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 10:18:10 pm »

How many lads are in pain Susie?
three of them , one really bad and the other two are just started to feel the strain so were going light on the work gear they use as from a month ago

Tony dunmall

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 09:01:52 am »

mufcglen

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 09:08:14 am »
no mention of the supreme brushes by anybody, personally theyre my favourite brush with the more tucked in stock and the way the bristles are set slightly at an angle so it helps more wiping across sills.
i have 5-6 brushes in the van but only supreme or xtreme, people slate xtreme for lastibility but they do the job and at the end of a tough week they just get me over the finish line with my dicky shoulders!!