Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Re: A what would you charge thread.
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 07:09:55 am »
I'd say £90 for a one-off. Those fascias are minging and how are they going to get them cleaned otherwise?

;D

Correct, I would be laughing.

8weekly

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 07:21:26 am »

Cheers. Weirdly the photo is the right way up on my iphone but upside down on my pc??

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 07:25:36 am »
That's an amazing price for what must be 20 mins work.

Fair play I couldn't dream of getting that price would be lucky to get 20 quid round here if that

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:46 am »
That's an amazing price for what must be 20 mins work.

Fair play I couldn't dream of getting that price would be lucky to get 20 quid round here if that
I don't think I'll get it. I'd question 20 minutes work though. They are minging. It's not just algae that'll come straight off.

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 07:56:33 am »
Proper job, set-up etc 75-90 minutes.

Do the velux window at the same time, show willing.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 08:35:16 am »
Third floor dormers are a nightmare to clean especially the sides, worse if over a conservatory , you really don't want to be taking them on unless priced well.

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 08:43:58 am »
Third floor dormers are a nightmare to clean especially the sides, worse if over a conservatory , you really don't want to be taking them on unless priced well.

That's a fair point. I didn't consider the sides and the awkward angles over the conny. I was just thinking the front, quick blast over with ubik and done in 20 mins.

Now I'm thinkin an hour plus shoulder ache I would be like £60 if fairly local.

nathankaye

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 09:22:53 am »
Last yr a neighbour of a customer came out and asked me to clean upstairs as his window cleaner was a little clumsy and he didnt want him standing on roof tiles to get to most of his windows. As it was where i was working (im in that areas for 2 n half days working) i agreed. Charged him £8 for 3 windows, which was more than the normal chap charged for downstairs plus conservatory. Sorry to the other chap, but in the end the client was impressed with system and got me to clean whole property and im still cleaning it for a very good price.

So for your question, if it was in my areas and price structure in south yorkshire i would say NO if its not near my usual work. On the other hand if it is close to my work, for the inconvenience for just those 3 dormers and frames i would charge either £7 each as they are minging, so £21 if its regular. If its a one off, tell them can have that looking good for £30.

Yep, my understanding and price was well off. Especially the one above conservatory, i was just considering 3 dormers.

It still under your price however, i would price it at 30 a dormer so 90 in total.
But i would put a softwash on it. Start with one over conny and work accross. By time last one is done and changed from backpack to main hose, it would be time to wash all off. Wouldnt take that long but results would be great.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 11:02:01 am »
As a one-off I would say you should be looking at least 150 to do clean all the plastics (including sides) and glass just on those 3 dormers to make it worth the hassle. From experience it's far from being  an easy quick job so why would anyone want to charge less beats me.

If they don't like the price then I would not be bothered at all.

Tom-01

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 01:12:57 pm »
As a one-off I would say you should be looking at least 150 to do clean all the plastics (including sides) and glass just on those 3 dormers to make it worth the hassle. From experience it's far from being  an easy quick job so why would anyone want to charge less beats me.

Where's Bungle...?

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 01:33:24 pm »

Where's Bungle...?

Tom-01

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 01:34:56 pm »

Where's Bungle...?

Ha ha like it  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 02:31:00 pm »
Last yr a neighbour of a customer came out and asked me to clean upstairs as his window cleaner was a little clumsy and he didnt want him standing on roof tiles to get to most of his windows. As it was where i was working (im in that areas for 2 n half days working) i agreed. Charged him £8 for 3 windows, which was more than the normal chap charged for downstairs plus conservatory. Sorry to the other chap, but in the end the client was impressed with system and got me to clean whole property and im still cleaning it for a very good price.

So for your question, if it was in my areas and price structure in south yorkshire i would say NO if its not near my usual work. On the other hand if it is close to my work, for the inconvenience for just those 3 dormers and frames i would charge either £7 each as they are minging, so £21 if its regular. If its a one off, tell them can have that looking good for £30.

Yep, my understanding and price was well off. Especially the one above conservatory, i was just considering 3 dormers.

It still under your price however, i would price it at 30 a dormer so 90 in total.
But i would put a softwash on it. Start with one over conny and work accross. By time last one is done and changed from backpack to main hose, it would be time to wash all off. Wouldnt take that long but results would be great.

Nathan even using quite a strong  sh softwash mix it may not be as straight forward as that. I've done quite  a few and  on most still need to give them  a good scrub too and at that height will not be easy to do. As the pic don't show what's on the other side of that conservatory would be hard to say if that dormer you could do one side of it. That's without having to go outside of the back garden or not to get the angle you need to do a proper job.

Best to never assume a job will be easy as they are generally the ones that bite you in the bum. lol

8weekly

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 04:05:56 pm »

Nathan even using quite a strong  sh softwash mix it may not be as straight forward as that. I've done quite  a few and  on most still need to give them  a good scrub too and at that height will not be easy to do. As the pic don't show what's on the other side of that conservatory would be hard to say if that dormer you could do one side of it. That's without having to go outside of the back garden or not to get the angle you need to do a proper job.

Best to never assume a job will be easy as they are generally the ones that bite you in the bum. lol
In my experience, when they are like that (black) there is no guarantee it will all come off. I pointed this out in my quote.

Matt.

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 04:08:21 pm »
Wouldn't even dream of putting a sh mix on them plastic frames.
Sh is a bleach and a very strong one at that, virosol etc much better.

Agreed with the time stated above bring approx 90 mins from pulling up in van, having a quick look on ciu before u start for 10 mins

Matt.

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 04:10:08 pm »
Be around £45-£50 maximum plus cost of chems used

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 05:48:07 pm »
Wouldn't even dream of putting a sh mix on them plastic frames.
Sh is a bleach and a very strong one at that, virosol etc much better.

Agreed with the time stated above bring approx 90 mins from pulling up in van, having a quick look on ciu before u start for 10 mins

Why not use a sh sofwash mix as it works a treat on plastics? 

Bungle

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:27 pm »

Where's Bungle...?

Over here
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 07:31:21 pm »
Where's smurf? Oh he's on CIU all day  8)
We look at them, they look through them.

chris turner

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 08:10:36 pm »
Is this the douchebag thread?
£90, £110,£150  ::)roll
It's 3 poxy windows and a little bit of plastic.
Oh but it's high, my arms will ache😭😭

Seriously that's 15 min per window/plastics for 1 man, an hour max including set up and letting chemicals soak.
Some of you idiots need to get a grip.