Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

A look at the Alltec Express
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:41:11 pm »
So i got one of these , i have a few pics and clips on my phone ... il put them up for anyone interested

This is the daily grind for me  , quadvac outside reaching around houses with mind boggling suction ...

But i really needed a small agile machine for small jobs or awkward place stair jobs .   
I picked the Alltec Express with 220psi , electro vacs , 2" hose barb and heat so i wouldnt have to compromise job performance too much .

phone clip of trying it first time
https://vimeo.com/204721462

john martin

Re: A look at the Alltec Express
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:03 pm »
Whats with handle bars ? you might ask ..   
Well the body of the express is american from sandia , and like all american machines back home they would have detachable cords on 'pig tails '  so they would not even consider designing a cable wrap system for the machine .
The Alltec Express comes with two generous lengths of good quality rubber power cord fixed to the machine , so like some other machines they include velcro ties to attach the wraped cords to the back handle of the machine .  I really couldnt live with this , i dont like the cords flaping around and getting in the way while walking or stair climbing the machine .
I had two wand handles lying around so i mounted them as a cable wrap mount . But ... they also solved another slight issue for me with the express ..  its a bit low so walking it is a full arm stretch and a bit of a stoop , the handles transform the way it handles , u can flick it around easy . And stair climbing is also much easier for the same reason , you are not stretched dwon to reach the machine .
So the wand handles are staying for sure , ! 

john martin

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 12:51:00 pm »
whats inside  ....

In the pic with the clam shell lid open you see the Aquatec 220psi pump  mounted on the floor , it has its own fan behind it blowing over it as these might run quite hot .
Either side they mounted two inline heaters .  You can select to one or two running at the one time , most will keep the two on though .
At the side there is large 120mm case fan extracting heat  , and to the rear a silencer box .
Up above the electro motors are mounted at the bottom of the waste tank

john martin

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 12:55:11 pm »
The 7amp and 5.5 amp Electros mounted in series

john martin

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 12:59:36 pm »

Alltec include a foam lined silencer box , this is a nice touch , they didnt really have to go to the trouble buy it shows they are thinking of where these machines are likely to be used ... indoors and at close range

john martin

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 01:03:26 pm »
Two cooling fans onboard  ...  this is the large side one

john martin

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:07:11 pm »
The switches ...  a red light for each heater on

john martin

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 01:10:12 pm »
Quick performace clip showing the vac power  .... 17HG on the gauge and plenty of airflow are u see by the blow back

https://vimeo.com/204709580

john martin

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »
whats the aquatec 220psi pump like ?   
The clip shows it giving good performanve with my single jet  ,   dont expect half horsepower pumptec performance but its way better that a 100psi  , its sprays the hydroforce good too . Its a nice match for the heaters and u dont want to empty the small tank too quick either

https://vimeo.com/204711253

john martin

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 01:16:38 pm »
a crappy clip of stair climbing ... but u get the idea , and the handles help !

https://vimeo.com/204708417

john martin

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »
So overall im very happy with the Alltec Express ,apart from the similar cleansmart version you would be mad to consider any other small size machine , and the cost of this slightly upgraded version with the 220 pump , electros and 2" hose barb was about 1550 i think , its a steal .

edward coller

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 02:26:02 pm »
Thanks for that , do you use it on upholstery too , and with what tool? thought about this machine myself for uph, love to use my sapphire tool and wondered if i would be emptying and refilling tank every 2 mins. cheers Simon

john martin

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »
Thanks for that , do you use it on upholstery too , and with what tool? thought about this machine myself for uph, love to use my sapphire tool and wondered if i would be emptying and refilling tank every 2 mins. cheers Simon

I will definately use it for upholstery ,  i have a CFR type tool , the tanks are not as much of an issue as i though , i wouldnt like to say how fast the sapphire would empty it with out trying it , but i dont think it would bug u most of the time .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »
I like the wand handles given the opportunity my Mrs would make me throw all of the 'bits' accumulated over the years away in my garage they do come in useful years later.

Great post John, if needed couldn't you put the vac booster on the express?

john martin

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 06:18:10 pm »
I like the wand handles given the opportunity my Mrs would make me throw all of the 'bits' accumulated over the years away in my garage they do come in useful years later.

Great post John, if needed couldn't you put the vac booster on the express?

Hi Shaun ,  u could boost the vac , im not sre if il bother though ,  i think il use it mostly close range .
You could add a booster to the exhaust like ashbys ... three in series  ... however , i notice a slight flex in the express wastetank under vacuum as it is ... so the extra HG of three vac might be too much with out bracing the tank , im not sure though it might be fine . 
I might swap the 5.5 amp vac for aanother 7amp sometime though .

Richard Tara

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:27 pm »
Hi John

Just got my new Express the other day, this is another  one i had custom built by Chris & the team

My old Express is the same as yours but it has the 150psi pump plus it has in-tank heater aswell as in line heaters...

The new one i had built is for more caravan work and its running  on one cord with a 1800 watt electro motor , 150psi pump, in tank heater, 2" barb,  25 foot 2" hose  into a 1 1/2" hose plus i had the switch panel made to match my company colours and company logo....  I also have a Enforcer but not like yours...

Had the power leads cut on both machines so they hang over the dump gate ( with the plug at machine end )

Will check out your videos mate

www.skegness-carpet-cleaners.co.uk

Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 10:38:57 pm »
Hi John

Just got my new Express the other day, this is another  one i had custom built by Chris & the team

My old Express is the same as yours but it has the 150psi pump plus it has in-tank heater aswell as in line heaters...

The new one i had built is for more caravan work and its running  on one cord with a 1800 watt electro motor , 150psi pump, in tank heater, 2" barb,  25 foot 2" hose  into a 1 1/2" hose plus i had the switch panel made to match my company colours and company logo....  I also have a Enforcer but not like yours...

Had the power leads cut on both machines so they hang over the dump gate ( with the plug at machine end )

Will check out your videos mate

www.skegness-carpet-cleaners.co.uk

Richard
sounds good Richard , so i presume u need to stick to around 10amps for caravans , the 1800w electro should be 8.5amps and the pump ...about 0.5 .     You can only use the immersion to preheat then ?     I su[ppose u could run an extension cord to the next caravan and add an inline heater ( a 2000w one ) if u wanted ? i sure u thought of that .

Perhaps i should have asked for an immersion also , i never thought of it .    Today though i had an apartment with stone cold water ... i ran the express internal heater along with my external inline and it kept up with 200psui wanding real good .
people could be doing more with electric heat and two inline heaters ...  there is plenty electricity available in houses

Richard Tara

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 10:56:46 pm »
Hi John

I had a change over switch added  ( vac & pump....Heater )

You can run your in-line's on with prime hose in  the tank to warm the water up

Richard Tara

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 11:00:06 pm »

john martin

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:24 pm »

Thats really nice Richard , and they even put your logo on the switch panel !