Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NCCA or TACCA
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:56:39 pm »
I'm sure this has been asked many times before but which is your preferred choice and best value NCCA or TACCA

sean oregan

Re: NCCA or TACCA
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 06:21:54 pm »
My opinion is
Tacca is a punt, a slow burner it may well work out and I hope it does (I have joined)
Ncca is long established and apparently they  are making big changes this year. (Also a member)

I have not received work or any benefits from any of them yet but I live in hope!

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:14:12 pm »

Like the NCCA    the  IICRC   is also a well established organisation so you might consider them !

I still have my opinions regarding Tacca, and still undecided as to the benefits it could  bring .
 and one of my opinions is I some times cannot believe the questions asked on the tacca page, Yes I know we have to learn and its always reassuring to get an answer if you are not sure, but I do think sometimes, simple ,basic questions I see asked by participant's  make me wonder, What!!     

Are these asked by newbies? Not  the majority of questions , Are these asked by members of Tacca?   I don't know, but I,m guessing most must be , so where is the criteria that it takes to be a member? 

Before I get slated, these are just my opinions, and a point to remember

"The difference between association and alliance is that association is the act of associating while alliance is (uncountable) the          state of being allied. "

Geoff.
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

sean oregan

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 08:34:57 pm »
Anyone can use  tacca page on FB, you don't get basic questions asked on the fully paid members page

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:52:06 pm »
TACCA. Is a waste of your money Derek , i have more members on my how to clean carpets page .

It's a made up organisation controlled by one person solely to make money for themselves , much the same as wool safe .

Ncca is a reputable organisation that will be there after TACCA becomes a distant memory . 30 paying members and 20 views on you tube tells its own story
IICRC

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 07:40:12 am »
Thanks guys

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 10:38:15 am »
Iicrc is excellent training but as for an association it's a waste of money, the ncca is the biggest and isn't cheap to originally join , Tacca sits in the middle a cheaper alternative at first to join as there's no training to pay for to join  the ongoing memebership is similar in cost to ncca I believe.

DB

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 04:31:09 pm »
IICRC or to give it its full title 'Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration'   basically it is a Certification Board made up of around thirty Trade Associations in various parts of the World, mainly the USA. Their Set of Operating Procedures are a good basis for the discerning professional carpet/upholstery cleaner and restorer.

The NCCA is an independent Trade Association run by Volunteer Directors (They are only paid expenses)
This Association is a bit like Marmite to many cleaners...you either love it or hate it...everyone has their own opinion. It has worked for many successful cleaning companies over the years...it will give out referrals but it is up to the members to convert the referral. Those who do not like the Association perhaps expect their membership to open doors to the consumer...it helps that's for certain but you have to sell your membership of it.

T.A.C.C.A. was  free to join but now in able to continue there has to be an annual fee...not surprising

You takes your choice but there is no silver bullet...the good customers will go to someone they like, trust and who does a good job.
Price shoppers will always go for cheap...the cheaper the better

jasonl

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 05:56:41 am »

That was interesting .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

DB

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 08:40:33 am »
Certainly is interesting..

The NCCA is a Company Limited by Guarantee  and falls into the criteria described by the lawyer...all the legislation applies and, I am sure,  is strictly adhered to

*Hector*

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 08:55:43 am »
That isn't the interesting bit to me.....

It has gone without saying that the NCCA is a regulated and credible organisation...

To me the interesting bit is that it started as a joke (even though so many good, serious and professional carpet cleaners gave it their blessing) and now is only wanted as a money making venture by the founder.... Even though he has been on here and categorically stated otherwise.....
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

*Hector*

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 09:05:24 am »
Here is a quote from a thread in the not too distant past....December 18th to be exact !!!!

In the early days of TACCA my eyes were soon opened as to why the NCCA struggle to get anything done, and it’s all down to the diverse opinions we all have, even the sensible ones of us still see things differently and so causes debate and more debate, ending in a stale-mate of opinions, things then get shelved and nothing much gets done.

I on the other hand pursued the TACCA angle and am proud of the fact, yes fact, that TACCA and the people who supported TACCA gave the NCCA one almighty kick up the harris. I think most of the board would, in part, agree with that.
So my job was done but TACCA just kept growing and even gaining some respect from peers I had the utmost respect for myself.

So I asked everyone if they wanted me to run TACCA or if they wanted to turn it into an association.
Those who could be bothered to vote, voted unanimously 140 to zero in favour of me running TACCA.
Now just let me point out, if I set TACCA up to make money I would of either asked for membership money a long time ago or I would of quit TACCA a long time ago. There is no money in TACCA, proper websites do cost money,  will there be any money in the future, no idea, chances are if there is any profit in the future it will be spent on getting even more leads for its members.

Pps…. I’ll try my best to get members of TACCA work and value for their membership money. Educating the public and helping its members grow their own businesses along the way. That’s what TACCA was built on, Not going to happen overnight but with money and support, some group participation and suggestions I reckon we can do this, TACCA’s done alright with no money for 5 years, so surely TACCA deserves a chance to try with some financial backing.

Ppps, TACCA does generate leads. With funding it will generate a lot more. Its £150 to join, whats that? HSL and a through lounge?.  And with the discount vouchers and money off training  it’s a no brainer. Everyone has had 5 years to use TACCA to its advantage, I know quite a few people who have taken great advantage of this, I know of many more who have benefitted directly and indirectly from TACCA in some way, Support it and watch it support you even more.

Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(