This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Soupy

GoCardless
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:06:22 pm »
Anyone else had this email?

Quote from: GoCardless
Hi Soupy,

We wanted to let you know that on the 7 January 2017, our premises were the victim of a burglary which affected our office and another company in the building.  Despite CCTV surveillance, locked doors, and a 24/7 security guard, nineteen password protected GoCardless staff laptops were stolen.

All of our payment processing systems are secure, remain uncompromised and were unaffected by the burglary.  There has been no impact on our day to day business and we continue to process payments as normal.

We have already informed the police, the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioner's Office of this burglary. We have also conducted an exhaustive internal investigation so that we can communicate to you any potential risks from this burglary.   

Our investigation has concluded that the stolen laptops may contain a file with the name and email address of the person that signed up to GoCardless. No other personal data was in this file.

There is a very low risk that this burglary will affect you as this data has extremely limited use, there is no firm evidence that any of the data was available on any stolen laptop, and the burglars appear to have been targeting high value electronics rather than our data. However, we believe in transparency and so wanted to inform you of this burglary anyway. 

We apologise for any concern or uncertainty this may cause.  If we can provide any further information, please get in touch by emailing info@gocardless.com.

The GoCardless Team
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

p1w1

Re: GoCardless
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:20:16 pm »
about 5 mins ago, only took them a month to tell everyone, i see their offering  12 months free Experian  web monitoring now for us as a caution.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:23:58 pm »
Would be keen to know if any of our customers were emailed too. If so,  some might be concerned.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:30:51 pm »
Sounds like an inside job to me. Where’s Inspector Clouseau when you need him.

Despite CCTV surveillance, locked doors, and a 24/7 security guard

And no-one saw him?? Right on.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:36:36 pm »
Would be keen to know if any of our customers were emailed too. If so,  some might be concerned.
Ive just got off the phone to them as this would be a worry for me, and they confirmed my customers will not receive this e-mail it only affects the person who has opened the actually account with them and not a person who has just signed up to make payments. 

Michael H Jones

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 03:50:24 pm »
I got the email, although I don't use GoCardless for many things, I've got a payment from a landlord due to hit my bank tomorrow for £250......I'll have more confidence when that goes in  :-\

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:22:35 pm »
Its called ......    Go     less

^notice the lack of the word "card" above ? thats because its go cardless, less the card..so i removed it

wtf  ???  somerts up wi me van yeeeeeeeeeeehow