This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris turner

Ugh weather
« on: February 01, 2017, 07:07:20 pm »
Anyone down south working tomorrow or Friday?
Friday looks especially bad.
Gone from very cold and icey to wind and rain.
Been a bit stop start for me since Xmas. Havnt done a full week yet :-X

Frankybadboy

Re: Ugh weather
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 07:09:11 pm »
Always something todo ,but dont need a excuse to have a friday off  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

had one of our best januarys ever  ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »
Record year for me so far.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 07:15:22 pm »
Will take each day as it comes. Might even break out the flood pumps  ;D

chris turner

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:39:47 pm »
Record year for me so far.

I only seem to have record years when the personal tax allowance goes up. Strange that.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 07:51:23 pm »

half day tomorrow then 5 days off for me.ive worked hard over the last 4 weeks or so with the backpack. :)

ill be kitting out my new van and generally chilling out for a few days before this months onslaught. ;D
price higher/work harder!

Don Kee

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:49:35 pm »

half day tomorrow then 5 days off for me.ive worked hard over the last 4 weeks or so with the backpack. :)

ill be kitting out my new van and generally chilling out for a few days before this months onslaught. ;D

You got a new van Daz?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 09:55:05 pm »

i used to be like that mate.half hearted attempts at working.it never got me anywhere.ive earned over £600 more this jan than last jan(and thats using a backpack!)albeit i had a week off last jan due to flu but still im happy overall considering no van. :)

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 10:06:37 pm »
Ive got two gutter cleaning jobs in London to do so I’ll be out there. If all goes well I’ll scoot round the M25 and do a commercial window cleaning job thats due as well.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 10:13:59 pm »
Friday looks ok.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

chris turner

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 10:42:08 pm »

i used to be like that mate.half hearted attempts at working.it never got me anywhere.ive earned over £600 more this jan than last jan(and thats using a backpack!)albeit i had a week off last jan due to flu but still im happy overall considering no van. :)

I work in rain. Had a good soaking this morning. I just don't work in wind and rain. As long as the rain is coming straight down it's fine. If the rain is coming sideways and hitting the glass then it can cause issues.
Tomorrow is definitely wet and windy, Friday is touch and go, BBC keep changing the outlook.
I'm working this Sunday and next Sunday on commercial stuff so I suppose a week day off won't harm.

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 07:14:49 am »
There will be three of us out today. We had one "not today" in the rain yesterday. Annoying but just move on. If we get a call back we go back.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 08:43:23 am »

I work in rain. Had a good soaking this morning. I just don't work in wind and rain. As long as the rain is coming straight down it's fine. If the rain is coming sideways and hitting the glass then it can cause issues.
Tomorrow is definitely wet and windy, Friday is touch and go, BBC keep changing the outlook.
I'm working this Sunday and next Sunday on commercial stuff so I suppose a week day off won't harm.

i know what your saying mate but im gonna give it a go today.only 4 hours work to do to finish a section of work and thats me done til wed next week.

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:31:42 am »

i know what your saying mate but im gonna give it a go today.only 4 hours work to do to finish a section of work and thats me done til wed next week.

Just dipped my toe out the front door, think il give it miss, already pouring it down and windy.

Marc Stock

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 10:24:48 am »
Just get your waterproofs on and carry on

jk999

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 10:47:18 am »
Dazmond why have five days of what happens if the following week is crappy weather don't you just restart all the work again I do .if I pick up a new customer I tell them 3 to 5 weeks so if I get all my work done in 3 I will do them again only have an handful that does not like this everyone else is fine about it .think of the money you will lose in the five days of

Blackadder

Re: Ugh weather New
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 07:40:08 pm »
I would be working in the south but currently chilling on a sun bed in Dominican Republic on my annual winter break  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 07:49:03 pm »
Dazmond why have five days of what happens if the following week is crappy weather don't you just restart all the work again I do .if I pick up a new customer I tell them 3 to 5 weeks so if I get all my work done in 3 I will do them again only have an handful that does not like this everyone else is fine about it .think of the money you will lose in the five days of

ive done all my work mate(bar about 20 jobs which i cant do with a backpack and 25ft pole and no ladders!) ;D

ive had 5 days off and im having tomorrow off too.in fact i might just sack it off and start back monday next week. ;D