Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markbetts

Virtual Landlines
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:11:08 pm »
Any recommendations for companies to use,
Cost etc.

Thanks

Mark

neil 47

Re: Virtual Landlines
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 01:24:20 am »
Tamar Mark , nice to see you back
IICRC

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 04:38:08 pm »
Yes Tamar

markbetts

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:23 pm »
Tamar Mark , nice to see you back

Thanks  will have a look .

Done first couple of jobs today

Felt good

cleanability

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 07:30:50 am »
The company I use for ghost numbers is called SOHO. I've got five out of area numbers for about £20/month all in.  Its the best money I spend every month.

Chris

benny d

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:54:04 am »
Hi,
Do others have this, what I consider to be a problem with virtual numbers?

I have one number with Tamar. But what I have found is that the prospective customer has to dial the whole number for it to be connected to me. If they just tap in the last 6 numbers they get a dead line. (They think I am local to them). I get people saying something is wrong because they have to dial the whole number.

I suppose the idea of the virtual number is to pretend that you are nearer to them than you are, but this gives away that it is a virtual number, and then they may ring another company who IS their more local cleaner. I hope that is understandable?
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Robert Watson

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 07:34:55 pm »
Good point about the last 6 numbers Benny.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 09:44:17 am »
I use virtual numbers, and receive call from landlines, but I cannot be sure that some have slipped the net because of the point raised by Benny. I understand that some land line providers do not allow full access to the same STD code without it being dialed with the other digits.
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

cleanability

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 06:19:14 pm »
Wow what a good point. All the years I've had ghost I've never thought about the fact you will only dial the number if you're looking for local. Of course you wont dial the code too. Derrrrrrrrrr...why didnt I think of that.

Chris

benny d

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 07:46:19 am »
I have had customers call me saying they have tried the "local" number in the magazine, and got a dead line. ( Thinking I am local they just dial the last 6 numbers). They then call my mobile, and get through to me and advise me of this "problem!".

So for this reason I cant see that a virtual number is good, as it "gives the game away!" It is such a shame as otherwise it would be the perfect system. Thinking about it, I might as well get rid of my last virtual number.
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 07:56:39 am »
Ive got a virtual landline number as ive just moved housed to a different telephone exchange mine works great you don't have to use dialing  code if you have a 0141 number you just phone the last 7 numbers as normal mine is with smart numbers.

Mark Hunter

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 09:05:10 am »
Ive got a virtual landline number as ive just moved housed to a different telephone exchange mine works great you don't have to use dialing  code if you have a 0141 number you just phone the last 7 numbers as normal mine is with smart numbers.

Who is that with?

Mark Hunter

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 10:21:37 am »
With Tamar, when a call is diverted to your mobile, do you get the callers phone number displayed or something else?

benny d

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:17 am »
Yes you do.
But they may have used the virtual number, or my normal house, or mobile number. you don't know which.
Dont ask, because if they did use the virtual, they will realise you are not as near as they thought you are!

Mark Hunter

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 09:44:46 am »
I've just signed up, apparently there are two ways of telling that the call is from your virtual number, either the 'call whisper' function at £3.00 per month or a free method, only slight down side with second is there is no caller id.
If you would like your virtual geographic or non-geographic number to appear on your phone’s caller display when a customer is calling you, following the steps below:

Login to your control panel at www.PhoneDivert.co.uk
    Locate and select the number you wish to update from within the ‘Number administration’ section.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and tick the box next to ‘Caller Display (DNIS)’ and then ‘Save changes’. This is located within the ‘Call options’ section of the page.

The DNIS service is a free advanced feature of the control panel. It is worth noting that whilst using the DNIS feature, you won’t be able to see the CLI/number the caller is calling from. You will however be able to view this within the online call statistics reports, provided that the number wasn’t withheld.