Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: Cancelling tomorrow's work - today!
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »
Also when doing add-ons like gutter clearing, FSG's, pressure or softwashing (SH mix) it don't matter if it's raining or not surely?

Mick Kent

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »
I took today off! Far too wet and windy. I have a little respect for my domestic customers to not clean in this type of weather, if i was desperate for the money then maybe i would but i choose not too.

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2016, 03:08:51 pm »
Everyone has to make that call at some point if/when required for safety reasons too.
Not just the customer may or may not like it as my own safety still comes first.

Shrek

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »
Its all about educating your customers as i like to call it.
I also educate certain customers into making a coffee for their window cleaner, as in, if you dont ask you dont get. Ive found that if i ask once, every time im there they ask now  ;D

I personally prefer not to accept more than 1 brew a day for 3 reasons
1- some people don't know how to make a decent brew
2- some people buy rubbish coffee
3- there's only so much you can drink before you need a pee which then slows the job down as tea and coffee are diuretics

tompoole

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 03:49:41 pm »
Madness cancelling work , I just crack on . It's only Nov ,we have another 3-4 months of poope weather , if you cancel for today's wind and rain you may as well give up

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 04:01:03 pm »
Madness cancelling work , I just crack on . It's only Nov ,we have another 3-4 months of poope weather , if you cancel for today's wind and rain you may as well give up

rubbish!i cant remember the last time i sacked a day off cos of bad weather.it must be only 2 or 3 times this year! ;D

im glad i didnt work today.its been truly awful out there and i did a good 2 hours in the gym instead and feet up this afternoon in a nice warm dry flat!its done me good to have a day off. ;)
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 04:21:29 pm »
What a waste of Goretex  ::)roll

p1w1

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »
these quotes always make me laugh, what a load of drivel..its simply down to personal preference. The rest of the weeks weather were i am looks ok, so i chose today to work until it started raining heavily then stopped had the weather looked bad all week i may have done some extra.

Stoots

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2016, 04:53:56 pm »

there becomes a point where carrying on becomes idiotic.

Theres a difference between working in light rain to working in a storm

8weekly

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 05:06:41 pm »

In my case, if it hammers down I'll sit in the van and go back out when it eases. Only one day in 6 years has been sacked off.

DaveG

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »
I also kno a chap at the slighest hint of rain or the very fine drizzle we get, will pack up n call it a day. Its like trying to find any excuse NOT to work..

I'm like that!

It's pointless trying to clean windows in the rain.  My customers wouldn't pay if I did.

Nothing to do with the customers why I don't bother
You can't polish a turd

Frankybadboy

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 07:35:48 pm »
well made it to the 1st house which took a hour to drive though the flooded lanes of chew magna,this normally takes me 20minutes and this year i never got stuck  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

spent 2 hours doing the insides and when it came to the outside thought better of it  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2016, 08:03:06 pm »
well made it to the 1st house which took a hour to drive though the flooded lanes of chew magna,this normally takes me 20minutes and this year i never got stuck  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

spent 2 hours doing the insides and when it came to the outside thought better of it  ;D
I hear Hartcliffe's flooded. Shame.  ;D

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2016, 08:28:05 pm »

That's what I'm on about imagine cleaning windows in a blizzard  ;D

tompoole

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2016, 08:37:43 pm »
Seems it has been worse in other areas, here in Bucks we have had heavy showers wind sunshine and cloud ... but to be fair I'd crack on any how, I would never keep up otherwise. Just wait in van when it's bouncing off floor then when it calms down get on with it.
seems few on here have 1000's of jobs earn millions and work on their own and still manage to fit it in ....... super heroes pmsl

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2016, 08:40:07 pm »
Seems it has been worse in other areas, here in Bucks we have had heavy showers wind sunshine and cloud ... but to be fair I'd crack on any how, I would never keep up otherwise. Just wait in van when it's bouncing off floor then when it calms down get on with it.
seems few on here have 1000's of jobs earn millions and work on their own and still manage to fit it in ....... super heroes pmsl

trust me mate you wouldnt of been working today if the weather was as bad as it was here today. ;D
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »

I hear Hartcliffe's flooded. Shame.  ;D

The higher the water the better Hartcliffe looks.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2016, 08:41:36 pm »

trust me mate you wouldnt of been working today if the weather was as bad as it was here today. ;D

Lightweight. Just wear a hat. A 10 gallon hat would seem best.
It's a game of three halves!

Tom White

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2016, 08:43:34 pm »

you dont have to stay in all day.you could go to the gym or do some xmas shopping.enjoy yourself! ;D

We were in the gym for 9.30 am, we had lunch down town and a mince around the shops.

It was quite a nice day.

Lashing down with rain here though; there's been flooding.

tompoole

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:39 pm »

Lightweight. Just wear a hat. A 10 gallon hat would seem best.

You following me..... that's what I was wearing today