Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

pure freedom flow controller wont go into flill mode
« on: October 14, 2016, 06:10:18 am »
ill try to explain a bit better I went o fill van last  pressed the 2 end buttons on the flow controller to fill nothing every thing else on the controller works fine no loose wires float valve in tank ok wires to the selinoid thingy look ok  any ideas

colin bird

Re: pure freedom flow controller wont go into flill mode
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:08:05 am »
ill try to explain a bit better I went o fill van last  pressed the 2 end buttons on the flow controller to fill nothing every thing else on the controller works fine no loose wires float valve in tank ok wires to the selinoid thingy look ok  any ideas
[/qu

Put your hand inside tank,and see if the float arm is stuck in the full position,that is probably what's happened and it's telling the controller the tank is full

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:18:53 am »
If the unit is OK then it can only be either the float switch or the solenoid valve.

Put your hand inside tank,and see if the float arm is stuck in the full position,that is probably what's happened and it's telling the controller the tank is full

Good first starting place Colin  :)

How do you know the float switch is ok? How have you tested it? Is there power from your controller to the valve. The best way to check this is with a multimeter or test lamp.

The first thing I would test is the float switch after you have tried Colins suggestion. A multimeter will soon tell you if you have a broken circuit or not.
You may try to make a jumper cable from a small piece of electrical cable and bridge the two wires at the float switch. If the float valve is faulty then the solenoid valve will open.

If nothing happens then you need to check if the solenoid valve works. You will have to use 2 lengths of wire, 1 positive and the other negative. You can use any 12v battery provided the solenoid valve is 12v. It will have its voltage on the side.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 07:23:18 am »

The other thing you can do is remove solenoid ,connect the two bits of pipe ,you will then be able to fill,and will also overflow when solenoid is removed as there will be no cut off

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 07:29:10 am »
For those who don't know how to test electrical circuits here's a beginners guide. The principles can be applied in most trouble shooting cases we would ever come across in wfp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhBImNYITg

jk999

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 08:46:21 am »
This is y I use a simple transfer pump for £30 ish never had a problem on my second one in sixteen years

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 10:02:51 am »
This is y I use a simple transfer pump for £30 ish never had a problem on my second one in sixteen years

If you don't have the storage for an IBC tank then you have little alternative other than to process water with an on-board r/o system. The only other solution is to buy water in.

dave f

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 03:05:02 pm »
bingo sorted it  tested float switch and selanoid both ok turns out its the controller .so off I went and got a separate  on /off switch .works a treat saves buying a new  controller

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »
Glad it is sorted. and you are able to fill your system
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

dave f

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »
thanks ,yes  what a ball ache of a week ive had  with one thing or another