This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Og

Website cost
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:08 pm »
Just been quoted £1800 for a new website. I yelped.
Is that realistic though?
£700 design
£750 HTML css and other stuff I don't understand  php??
£400 for some other thing,  allowing us to play with it
Fee seo
Free odds and sods

Clever Forum Name

Re: Website cost
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »
£400-£500 tops for a pro one.

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »
I pay £30 a year for mine (Mr Site). I designed it myself. Very simple but it does the job.

I've also registered with Google My Business.

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 09:44:00 pm »
I paid £250 for mine, I can send you over the details of the company or send me your details and I will pas them over.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 10:46:33 am »
Just been quoted £1800 for a new website. I yelped.
Is that realistic though?
£700 design
£750 HTML css and other stuff I don't understand  php??
£400 for some other thing,  allowing us to play with it
Fee seo
Free odds and sods

its not over the top at all. I was quoted £7000 for one of mine, which was all singing all dancing.. but didn't go with it.

it depends what you want the website to do.

if its just some pics, text, and whatever then you can get it for £500 or less.

if you're looking for best bang for your buck i would definitely say nathanael on here is very good.

i've used 4 different web designers in my time, one less expensive and the others more expensive, but my best experience all round has been nathanael, no question.

he's great with edits and very easy to work with. seems to have the patience of a saint

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 11:13:22 am »
You don't need to pay out hundreds or even thousands as it's easy enough to do yourself thesedays using the likes of wordpress if you are that way inclined. Plenty of info/vids on the tinternet that can show you how.

If you can't be arsed to build your own then Nat is indeed worth speaking to. https://avondhu-internet.com/

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 11:28:58 am »
You don't need to pay out hundreds or even thousands as it's easy enough to do yourself thesedays using the likes of wordpress if you are that way inclined. Plenty of info/vids on the tinternet that can show you how.

If you can't be arsed to build your own then Nat is indeed worth speaking to.

n fact, if you haven't already done your won website, i would suggest it is worthwhile designing one yourself as at lest a short term measure.

it gives a chance to get all the content sorted and the photos you'll need. that way you can have a good idea what you want when you get an experienced designer to do it for you.

content takes a lot of time to get right
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 11:57:34 am »
n fact, if you haven't already done your won website, i would suggest it is worthwhile designing one yourself as at lest a short term measure.

it gives a chance to get all the content sorted and the photos you'll need. that way you can have a good idea what you want when you get an experienced designer to do it for you.

content takes a lot of time to get right

Good idea that.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »
£1800 is not a bad price at all.  It never ceases to amaze me that people have an aversion to paying properly for the tools that generate income for them!

I once paid £5,000 for a website (not window cleaning) and it was absolutely top notch.  If you want superb quality and great design, you have to pay for it, its as simple as that.

Sure you can have it done cheaper or use a rubbishy do-it-yourself type thing, but it will look home-made.  For example, the Nathanael guy who is always popping up on here, everyone raves about him but in my opinion his sites are mediocre at best, and definitely have a home-made flavour to them.

I suppose it depends what you want it to do.  Do you just want it to be a device for people to find your contact details?  Or do you want to give the impression of high-quality?

If it's the latter, then £1800 is a steal.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 12:20:36 pm »
Ive got a few websites, these are all done by myself. If you’re halfway to being a little bit tech savvy go the whole hog and be fully tech savvy. My total website hosting cost for however many sites I have is £4.99 a month for all of them with tsohost.

http://www.panel-clean.co.uk

http://www.oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk/
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »
Of course you can pay 1000's for a site or you can pay peanuts.

It all depends on the design and the functionality you require.

Nats sites I agree look good,  I wouldn't say mediocre and u would say great or poope but they are good, clean and simple and built to a budget.

If you only need a 5 page site targetting your local town and yiu don't have much competition then a cheap site either done yourself or for a few hundred is more than fine.

But maybe you need 50 pages with loads of functionality and content maye you are targetting multiple citys and have a fleet of vans offering lots of services. You want the slickest design and best possible seo then you pay a lot more.

For an average window cleaner u would say 500 is more than enough to pay.

Leeds

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 03:08:46 pm »
guy who owns the other big window cleaning forum will do you a good website and SEO for £10 a month, no upfront costs.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 05:48:02 pm »
Ive got a few websites, these are all done by myself. If you’re halfway to being a little bit tech savvy go the whole hog and be fully tech savvy. My total website hosting cost for however many sites I have is £4.99 a month for all of them with tsohost.

No offense, but this is exactly what I mean by home-made looking.
Perfect example, with oakley window cleaning, why do the menu items open in a new tab? No offense but errors like that are amateurish, and would never be made by a professional web designer.

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 06:08:35 pm »
Well, they're websites based on templates, that’re designed by professionals.

I’ve never heard of links opening in a different tab as being what defines a website as unprofessional or not, ever.

I’d view an unprofessional website as being one which has tweets about Liverpool football club embedded in it and links that don’t even open and looks like Mickey Mouse.

Terrible grammar.

Useless layout of webpages.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Sandy Cheeks

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »

No offense, but this is exactly what I mean by home-made looking.
Perfect example, with oakley window cleaning, why do the menu items open in a new tab? No offense but errors like that are amateurish, and would never be made by a professional web designer.

Neither is the Oakley one optimised for mobile, it displays terribly - school boy error! ;D

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 06:32:21 pm »
Thats odd Cumbucket you should say that as Google doesn’t think so. Maybe you should try refraining from the need to medicate your brain from your life.

Mick Kent

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »
Poor rip it out of Matts website evening.
Well i like it.  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 06:39:15 pm »
 ;D

Its okay, says more about them than me.

W.booler

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 06:52:43 pm »
Thats odd Cumbucket you should say that as Google doesn’t think so. Maybe you should try refraining from the need to medicate your brain from your life.

How do you know he's chumbucket/Patrick star after only 4 posts?

Sandy Cheeks

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 07:04:45 pm »
The proof is in the pudding, the site in the link does not display anything like optimal on my Xperia. I was just responding to the suggestion that the website demonstrated an "amateur" build quality. Your response seems to suggest you didn't like that pointing out? ::)roll