Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

swanson

Cleaning liquid
« on: October 13, 2016, 05:43:04 pm »
Hi Guys
What do you use detergent wise when cleaning traditional

Soupy

Re: Cleaning liquid
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:42 pm »
Fairy.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:57 pm »
Hi Guys

For 14yrs i just used fairy, adding it last to the water. Not too much and not too little, experience taught me how much to add. But also final 2 yrs i used blue titan (gg something) can not recall its name, but it was a very strong detergent that also took experience/practice to get the mix just right.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

DeLuce

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:06:07 pm »
Hi Guys

For 14yrs i just used fairy, adding it last to the water. Not too much and not too little, experience taught me how much to add. But also final 2 yrs i used blue titan (gg something) can not recall its name, but it was a very strong detergent that also took experience/practice to get the mix just right.

Gg3 (orange) and the blue one is Gg4. One is for soft water areas the other for hard. http://www.titanlabs.net/gg3.htm
You can also use Unger fluid (green) or there are others.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 07:14:14 pm »
HG

chris turner

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 07:41:39 pm »
After trying every chemical out there I'm back to good ol fairy. It just can't be beaten, great slip, great cleaner/degreaser, economical and easy to get hold of.

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »
HG cant beat it, the Titan gg products don't soap up or glide that well and leave smears that can be very hard to spot, I was horrified when driving off to see the amount of smears I had left on a large conservatory which couldn't be seen head on.
HG window cleaner is a lot handier to work with especially in hot weather.

steve rix

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 08:00:10 pm »
After trying every chemical out there I'm back to good ol fairy. It just can't be beaten, great slip, great cleaner/degreaser, economical and easy to get hold of.

+1

swanson

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 08:17:38 pm »
Thanks everyone

tonycarr

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »
Used many over the years Fairy, gg4, Miracle from allclean,  but my favourite is Squeege Off

Tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 09:24:05 pm »
Aldi washing up liquid

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »
HG or squeegee off.both are sold in any B&Q store.

ive never used fairy for years and years.too sticky and leaves more residue than the ones mentioned above.i have got a bit of gg3 left which i dont think ill bother with again once its used up.its ok but a tad expensive compared to others and hardly any suds.
price higher/work harder!

Phil J

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »
Ecover

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 11:43:47 pm »
Hardly any suds with gg3/4, thats the whole point. With trad cleaning its not the suds that do the cleaner, mainly its for glideability of the squeeqee, which does the cleaning work.
But also washing up liquid is too foamy and thats why need to experiment to get the mixture right. Also star drops was great for no suds! I couldnt get on with the smell of star drops.
I cannnot understand some comments about streaks due to this reason and that reason. The only two reasons would be technique and not correct mixture. All boiling back to user as is the case with perhaps not replacing the rubber often enough. Either way, on trad cleaning there is very little running costs once you have the equipment etc, so scrimping on rubber changes shouldnt be one of them. This saves wiping the edges etc, saving time n making more money...
Sorry, a little of point
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stephen burton

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 12:26:26 am »
I used fairy for years but now use unger liquid and would never go back I pay £12 for 5 litres so it lasts ages

dave f

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 07:30:03 am »
when I was trad I used a hard surface  multi purpose cleaner cant re call the nam  I was shown this buy a old shiner I still have some left its brill it hardly leaves a mark you get it from janitorial suplyys its got a orangey smell to it best stuff I have used ill get the name. it dose not foam up

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 09:43:16 am »
Adding a limescale remover- Viakal, W5- seems to kill the excess suds you get with washing up liquid but you not the cleaning power.
I used to use Ecover and Viakal but now use W5 Platinum and W5 limescale remover (Lidl). Less messy and less detailing.
Just give an extra wipe in the corners with a wet terry weave microfibre and you don't need all those suds. You're left with a quick wipe of the sills.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 01:10:31 pm »
Hardly any suds with gg3/4, thats the whole point. With trad cleaning its not the suds that do the cleaner, mainly its for glideability of the squeeqee, which does the cleaning work.
But also washing up liquid is too foamy and thats why need to experiment to get the mixture right. Also star drops was great for no suds! I couldnt get on with the smell of star drops.
I cannnot understand some comments about streaks due to this reason and that reason. The only two reasons would be technique and not correct mixture. All boiling back to user as is the case with perhaps not replacing the rubber often enough. Either way, on trad cleaning there is very little running costs once you have the equipment etc, so scrimping on rubber changes shouldnt be one of them. This saves wiping the edges etc, saving time n making more money...
Sorry, a little of point

If you don't want suds then use water on its own as the job will be every bit as good and the squeegee judder wont be much worse than with gg3/4.
But lets say it is down to bad technique, its stands to reason if other products counteract this then they must be better
unless your some fool who prefers work with a more difficult product just for the challenge. (roll eyes)

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 01:53:18 pm »

If you don't want suds then use water on its own as the job will be every bit as good and the squeegee judder wont be much worse than with gg3/4.
But lets say it is down to bad technique, its stands to reason if other products counteract this then they must be better
unless your some fool who prefers work with a more difficult product just for the challenge. (roll eyes)

Dont be a fool!  Gg3 or 4, if you learn to mix the ratio correctly, the water bonds nicely, no suds and certainly no judder. So yes i would put it down to bad technique. Are you the chap who blames his tools. I would blame the tool using the tool!!
For instance many of the products on the market are to help with squeegee glide, same too of gg3. When i first started using it i thought it was a big mistake. But then i set about sorting the mix rather than a glurp here and a glurp there each time i changed water in bucket. Same too with squirty etc. Dont squirt in willy nilly. Thats why my post said it came with experience. 14 yrs on trad work and yes blowing my own trumpet i was damn good at what i did and fast and efficient.
When you first went onto wfp, did u blame the equipment or the water?? Hope not! It was just a new learning curve and once mastered we all exclaim how brilliant it is. Same too when using detergents. That was my point! 2nd point being the suds are irrelevant to the process unless the operator needs to feel likes its doing some good. But then are you one who believes in adding vision to pure water because it shines better or smells better etc and obviously works better  ::)roll
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »
Does he now  ???

I've got 3.8 litres of unopened GG4 sat in the garage I must sell on one day. Just prefer HG these days for no specific reason.