Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zeusjazmin

hot water in di vessell
« on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:29 pm »
might seem stupid but is it ok to use a hot water tap when filling the di vessel?,thanks in advance

NWH

Re: hot water in di vessell
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:28:17 pm »
Yeah but I hope your not thinking that'll give you hot water lol

dave f

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:24:30 am »
why would you want to do that may I ask

zeusjazmin

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:40:12 pm »
its because a few customers have hot water outside taps,seems a good idea on a cold morning

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:09:12 am »
Wagga has an old vid on tinternet of him just doing that. I think he was board as the weather was so bad with snow and all he could not work that day.

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 11:21:40 am »
its because a few customers have hot water outside taps,seems a good idea on a cold morning

Ooooh. Fancy.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 11:51:56 am »
Could be wrong but i believe hot water eats through the resin a whole lot faster than cold.

Side point:  i tried my tds of water in cold water and then in hot water.........big difference for some reason. By all means test it yourself n see
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:55 pm »
Could be wrong but i believe hot water eats through the resin a whole lot faster than cold.

Side point:  i tried my tds of water in cold water and then in hot water.........big difference for some reason. By all means test it yourself n see

Your tds meter measures conductivity, so once you have removed anything in the water that causes a higher conductivity
level then it shouldn't rise hot or cold.
I would say the hot water is having an effect on your TDS meter's accuracy.

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 01:09:27 pm »

Might be worth mentioning if the water you use is too hot in cold temps you run the risk of thermal shock cracking glass.
I myself use an onboard hot water heater for wfp work so can turn the heat down when working in cold temps.  However unfortunately using a customer hot outside tap/di on demand setup you have no way of controlling the temp of the purified water coming out of your brush so best to be aware of this.

As far as tds readings are concerned the tds reading remains the same if I'm using hot, warm or cold purified water. However after saying that I have no idea if resin would be effected by running hot water through a di tank I as I've never had the need to find out the way my system is set up. I can  only assume hot water would have an impact on resin as I was advise that the heater should be connected just before the hose reel.

zeusjazmin

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 08:47:46 am »
thanks for the replies,always good to get others opinions,cheers

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 09:11:07 am »
It  should be tank to resin to heater to pole.