This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulben

Re: Cleaning Regulars Internal Windows
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 04:11:46 pm »
Like Smurf says just want one person to mislay a ring and you cleaned insides that day then you get accused of theft how many customers will be happy with you on there property if you got a reputation as a thief .
I only clean insides for customers that are unable to do it themselves and then on a bad weather day but I would rather have day off
Do not steal the government hates competition

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 04:12:48 pm »
Why not just do insides on request

I only do commercial so insides are part of everyday work

at the moment we only do insides on commercial work.

i just want to up my regular income. was thinking doing intervals on domestic for 3 x price twice a year would add another £1000 pa..  pay for my holiday :)

That's fair enough, if it was me I would look into using cleaner planner as said above an let customers know that's during a set period u will be doing internal cleans

that's it. i'm thinking add it to their DD monthly payments, so it'll be say £4 extra a month for once a year or £6 extra a month for twice a year.. then book them in in February and September when we are a little bit more quiet
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 04:13:47 pm »
My previous reply was just an example, funnily enough I did a full inside and out clean this morning for a regular customer.
It was a terraced town house ( 2x bays plus a 2nd floor dormer ) reg front £10, when inc. the back £25 - less than 30 mins work. Today they had pre booked insides as well. Took a little over an hour for £50 in total.
As you can see I've just charged the same for in as out. There was no drama involved for me in doing the insides with clutter, nets etc. but I can understand how that may not always be the case. I'd say I'm pretty quick and efficient on the insides - spray mist bottle, applicator and squeegee in a boab and micro fibers are all that's needed .
I maybe way off the mark compared to what others may charge and in need of pricing more confidently but it really wouldn't have sat easy on my conscience had I have charged them £100 for an hours work and doubt they would have even accepted it.

If I were looking for an income boost along the lines of what you've mentioned, an extra job a week would sound more achievable and far less hassle compared to booking times etc etc.

i;m employing chaps to do the cleaning so it makes more sense to book them in on free days and get people to pay monthly for the clean so i can block book them
iSparkle Window Cleaning

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

i just want to up my regular income. was thinking doing intervals on domestic for 3 x price twice a year would add another £1000 pa..  pay for my holiday :)
Why not just get more regular external customers? Insides slow you down unlett you're quick with a squeegee.

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 05:01:59 pm »
Don't forget the smokers houses! You'll stink of cigs and all your equipment will too ( if they smoke inside) - nightmare

Tom-01

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 05:16:05 pm »
I'm with 8weekly - just get more external customers? Quicker, easier, earn more = £2000 for your holiday.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 05:54:45 pm »
id also get more outside work.insides are  PITA mate.all that messing about booking them in.very rarely will you be able to clean loads in one area a day.people are just so busy/out these days.
price higher/work harder!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »
I'm with 8weekly - just get more external customers? Quicker, easier, earn more = £2000 for your holiday.

there's a cost to getting more external customers though, either leafleting or door knocking

with internal cleans i can just mine my customer base that already know and trust me, and already have a DD in place for me to add the payment to, so from a sales and cash flow point of view its easier, and quicker

i;m always advertising for new customers anyhow. this is in addition to those customers
iSparkle Window Cleaning

8weekly

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 08:59:37 pm »

there's a cost to getting more external customers though, either leafleting or door knocking

with internal cleans i can just mine my customer base that already know and trust me, and already have a DD in place for me to add the payment to, so from a sales and cash flow point of view its easier, and quicker

i;m always advertising for new customers anyhow. this is in addition to those customers
Fair enough but I'd rather sell them fsgs and so on. Internals are a PITA

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 09:08:28 pm »
wouldnt getting more external customers be better than fecking about with internals.

avoid them like the plague

capn sparkle

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 10:21:14 pm »

Why not just get more regular external customers? Insides slow you down unlett you're quick with a squeegee.

I'm with 8 Weekly

I only do insides on request (booked the clean before) and they're a PITA

Charge 125% of external clean (again only for custies I get on with) but then again I'm full so can choose

F/S/G or full window renovation  would be my way of adding value

paulben

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:17 am »
If you employ and they do internal where someone smokes could be opening a can of worms later if they claim they got cancer think there where a spate of claims from barmen/women in past , just want a past employee to go to a claim layer  .
Also some medical conditions will stop people from entering a smokers house eg COPD
Do not steal the government hates competition

Ian101

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 07:14:18 am »
Mr Negative here ............... I think you will loose more in time and messing about along with inconvenience than you will make

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 07:42:45 am »
If you employ and they do internal where someone smokes could be opening a can of worms later if they claim they got cancer think there where a spate of claims from barmen/women in past , just want a past employee to go to a claim layer  .
Also some medical conditions will stop people from entering a smokers house eg COPD

are you being serious?no sign of a smiley face.
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 07:46:41 am »

are you being serious?no sign of a smiley face.

Sadly I think he is. It's possible I suppose, some people are modded, it would be a difficult one to make stick though.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2016, 07:58:09 am »
I discourage internals even for regular customers usually mumbling something about not being insured for insides but just rarely - if it's a larger job - say £40 plus I'll schedule it for a rainy forecast on a quieter day later in the week.

Especially if it's a good paying regular customer and a pleasant attractive lady I don't mind occasionally doing her internals as sometimes a bit of service goes a long way.  (Do I hear a pfnaar, pfnaar? I do hope not.)
It's a game of three halves!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2016, 08:49:48 am »
I got propositioned last week on an internal clean

By a man😯

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2016, 09:55:19 am »

By a man😯

I think he was more like having the craic with you as gay men don't chat up straight guy's... normally.
Did he try giving you a tip  ;D ;D

8weekly

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:39 am »

By a man😯
Maybe talking about how well your soft rubber glides wasn't a good idea?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 10:56:07 am »

By a man😯

I think he was more like having the craic with you as gay men don't chat up straight guy's... normally.
Did he try giving you a tip  ;D ;D
Stroking my shoulder was permissable
Grabbing my bare arm put the wind up me
When he asked me to move to snowdonia in a little cottagewith him,  that gave me a clue
He counted out a wad of notes for a £60 job,  when I had hurriedly got in my van I realised that he'd given me £120
Who on here would've gone back inside and given what I owed him?