This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Cleaning Regulars Internal Windows
« on: October 10, 2016, 10:20:13 am »
Hi,

I want to start cleaning the insides of our regular domestics to boost regular income.

This would be on an annual or bi annual basis I imagine.

However, I am wondering how I should organise this..

1. clients need to be in when we come
2. what do we do with missed cleans (when client not home at agreed time)
3. what to do if client has left objects all over the window sill?

any ideas?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Smurf

Re: Cleaning Regulars Internal Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:13:17 am »
I try to avoid domestic internal window cleans as can be a lot more hassle than they are worth.  A good  point already rased recently on another thread is that it only takes one customer to point the finger if something goes missing. That then opens up a whole new can of worms so to speak.  Breakages/damage to property is also an issue to consider too.

Ideally you will need clutter/nets etc removed by the customer beforehand and good access to the area you need to work in otherwise the job will seem to take forever. Best practise I think is never start moving stuff about yourself as that is when things can go horribly wrong. The big plus for doing Internals however they are good to do when the weather is bad outside.

Regards quotes I price at least 2x - 3x the amount I would for exterior window cleaning but thats just me. Hence why I don't do many thank goodness  ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 11:15:44 am »
I try to avoid domestic internal window cleans as can be a lot more hassle than they are worth.  A good  point already rased recently on another thread is that it only takes one customer to point the finger if something goes missing. That then opens up a whole new can of worms so to speak.  Breakages/damage to property is also an issue to consider too.

Myself I price at least 2x - 3x the amount I would for exterior window cleaning but thats just me. Hence why I don't do many thank goodness  ;D

Ideally you will need clutter/nets etc removed by the customer beforehand and good access to the area you need to work in otherwise the job will seems to take forever. Best practise I think is never start moving stuff about yourself as that is when things can go horribly wrong.

The big plus for doing Internals however they are good to do when the weather is bad outside.

thanks surf,

I'll definitely be taking your advice on pricing etc.

i am planning to book them in so we do a day of internals, say every month or something. have you had any experience trying to book them in? the customer will need to be given a time slot i imagine?

iSparkle Window Cleaning

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 11:25:39 am »
We only do internals at the same time as externals. Cleaner Planner text reminders help to arrange these to an extent. No point in going out your way to do internals in my opinion.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:34:00 am »
Obviously you will have to arrange all internal jobs when the customer, member of the family, house keeper, nanny etc will be home. Booking internals in on the same day can be easier said than done if you want to do a few on the same day. Might be easier just to sell em a karcher instead and let them have a go themselves  ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 11:35:24 am »
Obviously you will have to arrange all internal jobs when the customer, member of the family, house keeper, nanny etc will be home. Booking internals in on the same day can be easier said than done if you want to do a few on the same day. Might be easier just to sell then a karcher instead and let em do it themselves  ;D

;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 11:36:22 am »
We only do internals at the same time as externals. Cleaner Planner text reminders help to arrange these to an extent. No point in going out your way to do internals in my opinion.

texting reminders would be good. cheers
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Positivity

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 11:48:26 am »
"The big plus for doing Internals however they are good to do when the weather is bad outside."
The problem is if you have to pre-arrange them, you can't guarantee that it wont be the only nice day of the week!
I avoid them if I can. I have spent longer re-attaching vertical blinds, curtains and venetian blinds than I have ever spent on cleaning the windows. ;D
And even when they promise to clear the window sills you still find them full of ornaments or "Well I cant move the router the cable is not long enough"

Matt.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 11:49:31 am »
Why not just do insides on request

I only do commercial so insides are part of everyday work

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:44:18 pm »

at the moment we only do insides on commercial work.

i just want to up my regular income. was thinking doing intervals on domestic for 3 x price twice a year would add another £1000 pa..  pay for my holiday :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 01:17:05 pm »

i just want to up my regular income. was thinking doing intervals on domestic for 3 x price twice a year would add another £1000 pa..  pay for my holiday :)

Less damage/breakages do you mean  ???   ;D

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 01:17:44 pm »
Don't forget pets , they can be a PITA , especially when they're cats have their fur all over the place , ends up on your cloths , clothes and up your nose

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »
Don't forget pets , they can be a PITA , especially when they're cats have their fur all over the place , ends up on your cloths , clothes and up your nose

Or when dogs try shagging yer leg... Oh bless him he is really pleased to see you again  ;D

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 02:02:34 pm »

I wouldn't have thought there would be many out there  willing to pay 3x  the reg outside price for insides , e.g. 3 bed semi £25, insides £75 ? But I may be wrong.

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »
You will be supprised what some will pay. Anyway 3 x is not pricey at all considering the frequency of the job.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 02:24:55 pm »

I wouldn't have thought there would be many out there  willing to pay 3x  the reg outside price for insides , e.g. 3 bed semi £25, insides £75 ? But I may be wrong.

a 3 bed semi for us is £13 so insides £39... so not too bad... and the thing is, i don't think there's any point doing it for less than that. if it takes 45 min (inc travel there and back).. we could do 3 externals in that time.. and as everyone is saying FAR less hassle.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 02:57:46 pm »
What does coach say?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 03:08:15 pm »
What does coach say?

he's not a window cleaner so i wouldn't really ask him how to do this?

that'd be a bit like asking my GP for advice about my van
iSparkle Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 03:32:02 pm »
My previous reply was just an example, funnily enough I did a full inside and out clean this morning for a regular customer.
It was a terraced town house ( 2x bays plus a 2nd floor dormer ) reg front £10, when inc. the back £25 - less than 30 mins work. Today they had pre booked insides as well. Took a little over an hour for £50 in total.
As you can see I've just charged the same for in as out. There was no drama involved for me in doing the insides with clutter, nets etc. but I can understand how that may not always be the case. I'd say I'm pretty quick and efficient on the insides - spray mist bottle, applicator and squeegee in a boab and micro fibers are all that's needed .
I maybe way off the mark compared to what others may charge and in need of pricing more confidently but it really wouldn't have sat easy on my conscience had I have charged them £100 for an hours work and doubt they would have even accepted it.

If I were looking for an income boost along the lines of what you've mentioned, an extra job a week would sound more achievable and far less hassle compared to booking times etc etc.

Matt.

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »

That's fair enough, if it was me I would look into using cleaner planner as said above an let customers know that's during a set period u will be doing internal cleans