This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

loving the gardiner bkpack/trolley
« on: October 06, 2016, 01:37:39 pm »
As title says!
I originally purchased it for render cleans etc, but so far ive used it on jobs rather than wheeling nearly 100m of hose out, or for gardens covered in pots making it a nightmare for hose.
But the use is endless as a back up system. If i do get caught short on battery, park in direct sunlight n whip out trolley n keep working. If we get the icy winter so my water doesnt freeze (cold water user) whip out the trolley!
You cant beat a van tank system, but for versatility, a trolley is up there!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: loving the gardiner bkpack/trolley
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 02:06:28 pm »
I agree Nathan. Though I use a modified PF trolley, a good lightweight trolley is so versatile that in eight years I've never needed a van for my rounds. I love mine  :) :)

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 10:29:15 pm »
As title says!
I originally purchased it for render cleans etc, but so far ive used it on jobs rather than wheeling nearly 100m of hose out, or for gardens covered in pots making it a nightmare for hose.
But the use is endless as a back up system. If i do get caught short on battery, park in direct sunlight n whip out trolley n keep working. If we get the icy winter so my water doesnt freeze (cold water user) whip out the trolley!

I'm guessing you will not be prasing it still when that cheap china crap packs in as they often do now will you.  ;D ;D

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 01:56:20 am »
Their not bomb proof but very useful.

Tony Edwards

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 01:04:48 pm »
As title says!

I'm guessing you will not be prasing it still when that cheap china crap packs in as they often do now will you.  ;D ;D

Any advice on better options ?

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »
As title says!

Any advice on better options ?

There are many trolley options but the new pf lite looks quite good to me. Even better if you ask them to fit a shurflo chem pump on it I'm thinking. Then you have the best of both if you want to do a bit of say softwashing (weak hypo mix), biocide, pre spray ubik, virosol, tfr etc just by changing the containers over or even sucking chems from a bucket. Then a quick flush out with pure and you are back to using it as a wfp trolley. Could also be used separately for chems in conjunction with a wfp van mount.

The quality of the build and parts used are the same you would find in any decent van mount so will outlast any chepo china crappy backpack by many years. Downside of pf type trolleys using seprate containers they tend to be a wee bit heaver. 

Tony Edwards

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 10:10:18 am »
Pf lite ??

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:01:51 pm »
My problem is i love making money not so keen on spending money.
The pf trolleys look sound, especially if your going trolley and later to van mount. This was the avenue i was going to go down last year. But since i went straight to van system and use trolley periodically, i think the asking price of their trolleys are a little steap.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:30:16 pm »
The pf trolleys look sound, especially if your going trolley and later to van mount. This was the avenue i was going to go down last year. But since i went straight to van system and use trolley periodically, i think the asking price of their trolleys are a little steap.

They are not cheap for sure nathan but I suppose you get what you pay for.   Mind you it's also quite simple to knock up a pump box/trolley on the cheap too using chepo parts that sucks from containers if you are diy minded.

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »

They are not cheap for sure nathan but I suppose you get what you pay for.   Mind you it's also quite simple to knock up a pump box/trolley on the cheap too using chepo parts that sucks from containers if you are diy minded.
Thats what i like about the gardiner back pack. I could quite easily source the parts but it would take some spare time (that i seldom have) to put it together and for it to look profesional by the end of it. Lol!
At least with backpack its all contained.
However i do like the robust look of the purefeedom trolley, but not sure if can buy just the trolley. Might check out ebay for any 2nds.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 06:24:20 pm »
a backpack and a little fold away trolley do come in handy from time to time:

a couple of awkward access properties on a canal bank

a few main road jobs

applying chemicals on full UPVC cleans

a temporary emergency back up system

apart from the above you still cant beat using a van mount and 100m of hose for most work though IMO.
price higher/work harder!

paulben

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 07:11:51 am »
Use backpack all the time easier than dragging hose out then getting snagged on wheely bins just a pain lifting it in and out of motor but saves doing weights down gym
Do not steal the government hates competition

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 07:38:21 am »
Use backpack all the time easier than dragging hose out then getting snagged on wheely bins just a pain lifting it in and out of motor but saves doing weights down gym

i very much doubt lifting a backpack in and out of a van is gonna get you in good shape physically.its unnecessary work IMO.

how on earth are you using a backpack all the time for all your work?id be having to fill up 2 or 3 times on some jobs wasting time. ;D
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 09:36:27 am »
I think PF have done a good thing making their trolley lighter. I love my trolley, it works really well for me though it's not the Nano. But I did see the need to make it lighter, for me anyway, as it was almost as heavy as a 25ltrs of water thus doubling the weight when I put a full barrel on it. It now weighs little more than the stated weight of the Nano and is a doddle to lift in and out of my vehicle. The other good thing with them is you don't need to strap the barrel on. PF just need to work on making them cheaper but I somehow don't see that happening.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 01:20:44 pm »
It's all the lifting barrels / trolley up and down that did my head in . Even lifting the reel in and out tired me out , you can really feel it in you back at the end of the day .
Saying that , they are perfect for terraced houses which are next to traffic lights and double yellow lines!

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 02:05:05 pm »

I could just see someone turning up at large residential buildings (blocks of flats etc) to clean hundreds windows with just a chepo backpack sprayer and a stick with a brush on the end to splash water about...NOT as would take a year and a day to keep having to stop, walking back and forth to the van to refill the bloody thing. Talk about making hard work of what otherwise would be a simple job. Same can be said for most domestic wfp rounds too.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 04:40:44 pm »
Just finished cleaning a regukar job (every 4wks). Cleaned it for yrs with my friend, whose work it was previously. Cleaned it traditional method. Large farm but ran an accountant company from it. Theres a large farm house with a conservatory full length of house. A granny flat at another end and a block of offices. With 2 of us, traditional it took about 40mins. As soon as i took over, switched it to wfp and by myself can pull up and load bk up within 30mins. However they have all staff cars in, dogs n horses and plenty of foot traffic. Rather than use main hose as a trip hazard (yes i use cones as well), i now whip trolley out. Takes 2 fills, but can use less than 50ltrs of water and just over 30 mins to leave. They have there advantages, even cheapo bkpacks...
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 04:45:59 pm »
It wouldnt be hard to knock together a trolley type system. As know it just requires the basic 12v battery, a self priming pump, an analogue controller, hose and a brush.
The hard bit is finding a suitable, robust trolley to use with descent tyres. Purefreedom know this n make you pay for their trolley. Which looks sound. I just wish i took uo metal work back in college days 😆
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 05:19:05 pm »
It wouldnt be hard to knock together a trolley type system. As know it just requires the basic 12v battery, a self priming pump, an analogue controller, hose and a brush.
The hard bit is finding a suitable, robust trolley to use with descent tyres. Purefreedom know this n make you pay for their trolley. Which looks sound. I just wish i took uo metal work back in college days 😆

I have a "0" level in metal work but that don't mean I'm any good now as was long time ago. I can hardly use a hand saw without cutting myself now with me shakes  let alone trying to weld something together. Mind you on a positive note I've won a few dance competitions just by trying to get to the bar.  ;D ;D