This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Beecroft

Grippa vac hose connection
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:09:41 am »
Hi folks, the threads of the screw-on connection for the hose onto the Grippa vac have become so worn due to grit from the gutters it now hardly holds at all.
Has anyone had this problem? More importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?
Suggestions please. ???

Oliver @ GrippaTank

Re: Grippa vac hose connection
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:19:11 am »
Hi folks, the threads of the screw-on connection for the hose onto the Grippa vac have become so worn due to grit from the gutters it now hardly holds at all.
Has anyone had this problem? More importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?
Suggestions please. ???

Good morning David,

Our vacuums are now all push fit instead of screw thread to solve this issue.

For your vacuum, its easily solved - you will need:

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/51mm-numatic-cyclonic-side-entry - select with pushfit adaptor.

You will then need a push fit cuff for your vacuum hose:

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/51mm-silicone-cuff

Hope that helps!

www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

David Beecroft

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:27:47 pm »
Thats great, thanks.
Just one question though, is removing the old side entry and fitting the new one a manageable DIY job?
David.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »
Thats great, thanks.
Just one question though, is removing the old side entry and fitting the new one a manageable DIY job?
David.
Hi David,

Thanks for the question - yes it should just be a case of unbolting the existing one and replacing with the new.

I hope this helps!
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

David Beecroft

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »
Well so much for it being a simple DIY job! I've just spent 2 hours of my Sunday doing what should be a 5 minute job. The steel screws fasten into brass threads, 2 of them are just turning. There's no profile on the brass fitting  inside the vacuum to grip onto.  So now I'm left with the job half done, a useless Gutter Vac and a list of jobs as long as your arm. Yes I'm ranting because I'm frustrated.

the king

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »
can u not just drill them out

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 11:14:37 pm »
Well so much for it being a simple DIY job! I've just spent 2 hours of my Sunday doing what should be a 5 minute job. The steel screws fasten into brass threads, 2 of them are just turning. There's no profile on the brass fitting  inside the vacuum to grip onto.  So now I'm left with the job half done, a useless Gutter Vac and a list of jobs as long as your arm. Yes I'm ranting because I'm frustrated.

Gripper crap I'm betting you are thinking now too  ;D ;D
First one wears out and the replacement you can't fit, Come on mr gripper help the chap out for christ sake  ::)roll

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 09:31:36 am »

Good Morning David,

Thank you for your message - it sounds like you had indeed had a frustrating Sunday.

Could you be so kind as to email support@grippatank.co.uk with a picture of the problem bolts in question and we can help you further?

"the king" makes a good suggestion - it maybe the fittings have corroded and thus drilling them out may be the easiest option. We can always do this at our workshop for you if that helps and something we can discuss on the above email address.

Smurf - thank you for your input. We are always happy to help our customers, but are obviously closed over the weekend hence why we are only replying this morning.

David Beecroft

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:31:51 pm »
Thank you for at least offering help.
After I'd had a sit down and a calm down I worked out a solution.
First I cut away the old manifold inlet, leaving the screw proud. Then using a G-Clamp and a nut from a nut and bolt to cover the offending brass screw thread, I simply tightened the G-Clamp and pushed the screw and thread through enough to give the monkey wrench something to grip.
It feels good when a plan comes together.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 05:33:25 pm »
Our pleasure.

Excellent - glad your back up and running