Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SimonW

Rug cleaning query
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:42:45 pm »
Good day, all. Hope you're having a profitable week!

I have cleaned carpets to my ''high value'' customer back a few days ago and she has insisted on cleaning her rug she bought from Zara home. I have collected this rug from the client and advised that it will be cleaned at our site. Having done burn test - burns pretty quick and white smoke smells like a burning paper. It appears to be either a cotton or viscose(doubt) PLUS in general customer uses both sides of this rug depending which one looks cleaner, therefore, both sides are stained and there is appearance of few pen marks(blue and pink)

Could anyone please advise on precautions I should take, which chemistry to use and help me establish if indeed it's a natural fibre made rug? I do not want to disappoint her and want provide best cleaning results, possible.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Simon

HQCS (John Kastrian)

Re: Rug cleaning query
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 03:50:00 pm »
It's a 30 quid rug so hardly  a family heirloom :-)
50% Polyester 50% polypropylene so pretty much bombproof.
http://www.zarahome.com/fr/tapis-tiss%C3%A9-gris/tapis-tiss%C3%A9-gris-c0p7467031.html

DB

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 06:43:29 pm »
If it reacts as stated during a burn test then it doesn't sound as though its a Polyester/Polypropylene blend.

Those white threads may well be cotton???

If it turne out to be vegetable fibres watch out for natural differential shrinkage

Rug Master

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:26 am »
MOD Note:

Thank you for your interest in this forum. However If you wish to advertise then please contact forum admin.
Are you looking for high quality rugs? Rug Master offers various types of rugs in different patterns such as Persian rugs and modern rugs. To buy rugs online, visit http://rugmaster.uk/rug-cleaning.

*Hector*

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 07:20:00 am »
That is a damned arrogant statement, considering you are on a carpet cleaning forum, who's member base is professional carpet cleaners!!

Not to mention a blatant piece of advertising  :o :o
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

julianb

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 03:55:20 pm »
I popped a couple of my own rugs in the washing machine the other day, they came out great, worth a thought.