Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tim handley

website/add words/on line marketing......
« on: September 24, 2016, 02:15:59 pm »
those of you who are not doing your own, who/what companies are you using to run your marketing???
im using ccn  but looking to run another concurrent campaign as well..
any recommendations???

Steve Chapman

Re: website/add words/on line marketing......
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 06:16:23 pm »
The best thing I did was learn to do it myself......( I know you're asking about companies doing it   :) )  but nobody knows your business like you do and adwords especially needs that personal input, it's not something I think you can offload to someone else.

A few wrong words or phrases can cost you a lot of money....

Theres also a lot of companies that think they know about adwords etc and havent got a clue, they just set it up and take your money......

John Higgins

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 06:19:30 pm »
One of the best books on adwords is
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-Google-AdWords-Brad-Geddes/dp/111881956X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1474737503&sr=1-1&keywords=brad+geddes

May be a bit out of date as last published 2014

Want to see the fastest carpet cleaning website in the world
http://www.carpetcleaners-horsham.co.uk/
the about us page as a load time of 542 ms

tim handley

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:30 am »
so, how do you learn to do it yourself???   Ireally dont think i have the prerequisite knowledge to do this, coming from the
generation that wasnt bought up with computors!!   Theres nothing id like more than to be able to my own marketing but just cant see this happening....

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 01:04:46 pm »
Its not that difficult Tim. Check out youtube, tons of videos on there. And buying books on the subject as has been said.

Once you've set up ads for each service/area etc. Its just a case of testing and keep on adding the negative keywords daily as they come in (words like renting, diy, vax machine, how to, cheap carpet cleaning etc).

Mike Halliday

Re: website/add words/on line marketing.....
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
Ring Google, I spent an hour talking to them as they told me how to adjust my campaigns but I also have the book Mark recommended.

Mark why is having a fast website important? And isn't it about your internet provider rather than the website that makes a website load fast?

Must say since you revamped my site it loads instantaneously but I use fibre optic ultrapoopfast connections
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 01:27:13 pm »
But now I think about it I'm in Dubia  using smoke signal Internet and it still loadfast so just be about the website  ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Richard Cole

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 06:09:44 pm »
so, how do you learn to do it yourself???   Ireally dont think i have the prerequisite knowledge to do this, coming from the
generation that wasnt bought up with computors!!   Theres nothing id like more than to be able to my own marketing but just cant see this happening....

Hi Tim, sorry i could not talk to you for very long yesterday.  As I mentioned I'm no longer involved in adword's having now opened my own gift / jewellery shop, you called me just as I was opening up for the day and I had a few customers about.

It's not too hard to do yourself if you start of being cautious and set your budgets low.  As mentioned lots of youtube video's although be careful as may well be out of date.  Another option is to look at Udemy courses, lots of short courses on there teaching you the basics of adwords.

Best of luck.

Richard
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

tim handley

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:59 pm »
Many thanks all, certainly some food for thought there..............

tim handley

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 08:08:48 pm »
just had a look athe book on the post above, its dated 2014!   would it be stupid to assume the whole internet marketing thing evolves so quickly that it would now be way out of date? or would it still be a good book to buy to enable me to get things started???

John Higgins

Re: website/add words/on line marketing.....
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:11 am »
Ring Google, I spent an hour talking to them as they told me how to adjust my campaigns but I also have the book Mark recommended.

Mark why is having a fast website important? And isn't it about your internet provider rather than the website that makes a website load fast?

Must say since you revamped my site it loads instantaneously but I use fibre optic ultrapoopfast connections

Speed Is A Google Ranking Factor For Mobile
Early reports stated that page load speed did not affect page rank on mobile websites as part of Google’s Mobilegeddon. Yet, anecdotally, observations about Mobilegeddon seem to contradict those reports.
Based on an analysis of client sites, Colin Guidi, director of SEO at 3Q Digital, said, “Visiting these sites via a mobile browser and slower processors shows that page speed and load time seems to be a heavier weighted ranking factor over this new mobile-friendly update.”

Studies also appear to support those observations. Searchmetrics released a report post-Mobilegeddon that demonstrated a strong correlation between page speed and page rank.

And now, Google itself has come out this year stating that Google favors faster sites. Further, David Besbris, AP Engineering of Google Search, asserted on the AMP Project page that “Speed has always been a cornerstone of Google Search.”
I think it’s safe to operate under the presumption that speed matters when it comes to local mobile search.

John Higgins

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 09:23:31 am »
But now I think about it I'm in Dubia  using smoke signal Internet and it still loadfast so just be about the website  ;)

The main Lag on a Website is mostly on the hosting side mainly the database servers even a well cached site makes calls to the database servers and then as a php engine to render output so most cms sites will be slow unless you can chuck loads a money at the server and  understand what your doing with proxy caching.  Plus as your in Dubai you are also a thousand miles away from the UK Server hosting site and it is still running Fast

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:15 am »
If your using Wordpress you can install Wordfence and activate the Falcon Engine (caching) and it will speed up your site considerably.
It can tale a few days to kick in. Typically it can reduce page load speeed from 3 to 5 seconds to under a second in my experience.

robbo333

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 01:22:59 pm »
I would say have a go at doing your own adwords. When I did mine, Google talked me through it and I had my own 'helper' for 2 weeks to assist me. Not sure if they do that anymore. He was very helpful but he did not know my business (windows) and that's why you should do it yourself. Also I used to tweak mine on a daily basis and I would hate to think the cost if I paid someone. A lot of it is trial and error. If I were you, I would find someone you know who has a successful adword campaign going and ask them to go through it with you. I ended up turning mine off cause I had too many enquiries and could not cope. Many of them were rubbish though but the good ones paid for themselves.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ian Harper

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 10:28:19 am »
tim handley

massive difference between marketing and selling.

it so easy to market to people that are looking for your service but what about slow times? thats where selling comes in. convincing someone that might be thinking about your service but its not top of their list. or someone that know they need you but think for one reason of other (trust cost etc) it can wait.

customers that come from marketing will always be price sensitive and these days even more with compare the market otherwise called the internet. when you sell you are in most part alone with the prospect your competitors are no where to be seen.

So how to sell? thats where direct response marketing comes in, with its offers and exp dates.

hot market marketing is way to go, slow market selling will out sell marketing -)

Good Luck