This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Odd website visit
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:33:17 pm »
These people spent some time on my site  ???    Uk Government Department For Work And Pensions

For fifteen and a half hours  ???

Shrek

Re: Odd website visit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:49:05 pm »
Might have been someone browsing instead of working and left your page open . How do you know who went on your page anyway?

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:52:43 pm »
Statcounter

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:39:05 pm »
Statcounter

What is that? Some kind of software program?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »
http://statcounter.com

It's free, keeps a log of all your visitors and other relevant data.

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 10:58:17 pm »
You might get an enquiry from the taxman  ;D

Then again someone who works for them might have been browsing for a window cleaner during work hours to clean their 1 windowed bungalow.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

paulben

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 05:50:05 am »
Read somewhere they are starting to get hot with cash jobs or jobs that could be done for cash and ebay . Maybe trying to work out what your business is worth then compare it to what's been declared . If they are checking window cleaners bet they watch sites like this waiting for someone to brag I earn more than you or £500 for conservatory clean .
Do not steal the government hates competition

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 08:56:49 am »
Read somewhere they are starting to get hot with cash jobs or jobs that could be done for cash and ebay . Maybe trying to work out what your business is worth then compare it to what's been declared . If they are checking window cleaners bet they watch sites like this waiting for someone to brag I earn more than you or £500 for conservatory clean .

Shud be able to spot the tax man on here.
Everybody seems to take what people say on here with a pinch of salt. That is apart from the tax man who believes it all and starts the process to tax you on the declared income on here instead  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 10:42:48 am »
These people spent some time on my site  ???    Uk Government Department For Work And Pensions

For fifteen and a half hours  ???

How do you know, does it say that a computer in the DWP was viewing your site? I have a tracker thingymabob on mine, all it gives me is i.p and approx location.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 12:37:13 pm »
Thats what it gave me, I copied and pasted it on here. Spoke to my accountant today, she seems to think they are going for small businesses who employ but could be looking for anything.

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 12:42:56 pm »
What did she mean 'going after'? How / why would the DWP go after anyone other than for benefit fraud?

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 08:00:38 pm »
Investigating I suppose. I clean her windows so mentioned my 'visit'. She had a lot more important things on her mind so didn't give much away. Could be she doesn't know either. She does have different clients on her books in different trades who have been investigated regarding tax fraud.

Most Stat Counter data gives the country and area of the visit. Now and again it will throw up an organisation like a University or school. Usually it gives the town so quite often I know what's coming. You'd be amazed at how much foreign traffic your website gets hit with.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 08:04:03 pm »
Visitor Analysis & System Spec
Referring URL:   
(No referring link)
Host Name:   ns3035706.ip-51-255-81.eu   Browser:   Unknown
IP Address:   51.255.81.4 — Label IP Address   Operating System:   Unknown
Returning Visits:   0   Javascript:   Disabled
Visit Length:   15 hours 37 mins 35 secs   ISP:   Uk Government Department For Work And Pensions

SeanK

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 08:09:55 pm »
Cant think how spying on your website would catch you being up to no good, that said fill a suitcase full of lolly
and get to the Cayman Islands asap as the rubber gloves could be getting lubricated as we speak. lol.

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 08:18:28 pm »
Yeah, but if you earn £600 a day on your own like I do then I guess they will be looking for the employees.

capn sparkle

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 10:20:41 pm »

Soupy

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 09:53:14 am »
Investigating I suppose. I clean her windows so mentioned my 'visit'. She had a lot more important things on her mind so didn't give much away. Could be she doesn't know either. She does have different clients on her books in different trades who have been investigated regarding tax fraud.

Wouldn't tax fraud be HMRC?

*Hector*

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 10:30:55 am »
Ordinarily yes it would Soupers.... But when you are claiming disability, carers allowance and unemployment benefit whilst earning £600 a day... the DWP want their pound of flesh too....

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 03:12:43 pm »
Had another meeting with my accountant (sign off last years accounts). She did wonder if they used different people as benchmarks. She has always said I'm either the most honest windowcleaner on her books or the hardest working she's ever had  ;D

She thinks they compare people, MrX has been in business as a sole trader for ten years and regularity hits say 50kwhilst Mr Y doesn't earn enough to pay any tax and has been trading just as long and does the same job. She said it does happen but it's difficult for them to prove what you earn.
I have heard of one guy who got caught years ago and another who got investigated although I think he was legit - just bought a lot of vehicles in one year which triggered off a few bells.
They don't appear to have been back to my site since

Soupy

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 06:00:56 am »
I still don't see why it would be the dwp. Unless you're claiming benefits on the side? If you're going to be investigated it'd be by HMRC.